The Scottish Fitba Thread v3.0 Page 52

• Deleted user 10 February 2020 18:24:36
    I read it and rolled my eyes. He's a knob either way, he's either an ignorant one or a fully knowledgable one, doesn't make a difference. Don't know why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist about this book, as though anything Whyte has ever said or done has any ring of truth to it. Anyone that buys the thing is a mug, it's just another way for him to rip people off.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 18:29:13 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itís comical, an utter shambles of a newspaper and Traynor must be the most unpleasant/inept man in Scottish football
  • Vortex808 10 Feb 2020 18:44:39 13,862 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not reading anything from the record. Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

Traynor is an eejit & i can't believe the bbc have suspended Michael Stewart for ranting about him. Should've been given a pay rise for it! 😃
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 18:48:07 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Not reading anything from the record. Wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

Traynor is an eejit & i can't believe the bbc have suspended Michael Stewart for ranting about him. Should've been given a pay rise for it! 😃
    Yep, I really like Michael Stewart, head and shoulders above most pundits.
  • Dgzter 10 Feb 2020 19:05:27 3,224 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't realise that about Michael Stewart. What happened?

If I was a Rangers fan I'd be absolutely fucking furious with supposed journalists like Keith Jackson. Craig Whyte was obviously a nasty little fly-by-night asset-stripper. However, the lack of any vetting or even basic research by these clowns in the media played a very large part in allowing Whyte to actually do what he did. The lack of scrutiny was appalling. And Traynor got lead up the garden path by him as well, which is obviously hilarious, but still lamentable.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 19:12:59 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    I didn't realise that about Michael Stewart. What happened?

If I was a Rangers fan I'd be absolutely fucking furious with supposed journalists like Keith Jackson. Craig Whyte was obviously a nasty little fly-by-night asset-stripper. However, the lack of any vetting or even basic research by these clowns in the media played a very large part in allowing Whyte to actually do what he did. The lack of scrutiny was appalling. And Traynor got lead up the garden path by him as well, which is obviously hilarious, but still lamentable.
    He had a rant about how toxic Traynor is, Traynor spat the dummy and complained to all and sundry. BBC pathetically bowed to pressure.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 19:51:24
    Michael Stewart is an absolute prick. Seems to hold a grudge against rangers for some reason or other, must be something to do with him failing his trial.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 19:58:41
    And before anyone backs him up, this is the guy that said the club were telling lies about fans being crushed in a crowd, he even pretended he was some type of authority on how or where crushes can occur , he had to apologise for that. This is the guy dismissing racist abuse aimed at Alfredo rather than saying any racism is terrible. There's a list longer than my arm that this numpty has done, sooner gone the better. We need less rabid mentalists on the telly, we really need people that can talk about the game without trying to stoke flames.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 20:04:33 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha
  • Vortex808 10 Feb 2020 20:05:47 13,862 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /Nelson Muntz
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 20:26:57
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Haha
    And you wonder why people treat you like shit.

By all means back up why you think he's a great pundit, but I don't see how either of those instances are funny for any club.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 20:40:17 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Haha

By all means back up why you think he's a great pundit, but I don't see how either of those instances are funny for any club.
    He's objective, honest, intelligent and articulate.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 21:05:43
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Haha

And in just those two instances I've talked about above, was he objective and honest?
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 21:10:01 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Haha

And in just those two instances I've talked about above, was he objective and honest?
    I know nothing about the crowd stuff but between Rangers and Sky there was completely made up allegations of racism, MS then said "So on the substance of that whole debate around racism I think everyone comes together and abhors it, we're against that and we don't want to see it.

"But there has to be some sort of substance to it, otherwise equally we have to question what's going on."
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 21:24:37
    Hold on, the allegations of racism arent made up, the only thing made up is your statement that Rangers and Sky have concocted something together. Most Rangers fans I know are very disappointed with the interview Alfie has with Sky. I'm assuming you think Rangers did the translating or were somehow involved in that farce? I'd be interested to know how you think Rangers pulled that off?
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 22:51:39 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Hold on, the allegations of racism arent made up, the only thing made up is your statement that Rangers and Sky have concocted something together. Most Rangers fans I know are very disappointed with the interview Alfie has with Sky. I'm assuming you think Rangers did the translating or were somehow involved in that farce? I'd be interested to know how you think Rangers pulled that off?
    As MS said, perfect timing of a fake interview to distract from the fallout of the planted story with Morelos' brake tampering truth coming out. Genius Jim Traynor :D
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 22:53:41 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jackie McNamara in hospital with bleeding on the brain, great player in his day, hope he's ok.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 12:24:59
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    As MS said, perfect timing of a fake interview to distract from the fallout of the planted story with Morelos' brake tampering truth coming out. Genius Jim Traynor :D
    Do you not think it's a problem that when a black player mentions racism aimed at him the immediate reaction from the press is "where is the evidence", "he doesn't understand English so he doesn't understand the abuse, it's probably not racist" and "if he doesn't want abuse he should leave Glasgow".
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2020 12:31:15 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Do you not think it's a problem that when a black player mentions racism aimed at him the immediate reaction from the press is "where is the evidence", "he doesn't understand English so he doesn't understand the abuse, it's probably not racist" and "if he doesn't want abuse he should leave Glasgow".
    Except that that didn't happen.
    I love Rangers fans singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood, racially abusing a load of black Celtic players yet are now irate and outraged at the possibility that a 12 year old kid said something racist to their bad-tempered, ill-disciplined and nasty superstar who *still* canít score against Celtic.
    Rangers donít do self-awareness, do they?
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 12:48:46
    All of that has happened, that's exactly what Michael Stewart said, he said "where is the evidence?". The editor of the Sun said that Morelos didn't understand English and wouldn't know racist insults. Davie Provan said he should leave Glasgow if he doesn't want abuse. So yes, that all happened.

I don't know why you're going off on a rant about rangers fans. I don't think this is a problem with Celtic, it's more a problem with Scotland as a whole. I hate sectarian behaviour too, and if any rangers fan is hurling racist abuse then they should be punished for it.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2020 13:19:45 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    All of that has happened, that's exactly what Michael Stewart said, he said "where is the evidence?". The editor of the Sun said that Morelos didn't understand English and wouldn't know racist insults. Davie Provan said he should leave Glasgow if he doesn't want abuse. So yes, that all happened.

I don't know why you're going off on a rant about rangers fans. I don't think this is a problem with Celtic, it's more a problem with Scotland as a whole. I hate sectarian behaviour too, and if any rangers fan is hurling racist abuse then they should be punished for it.
    MS said "where is the evidence?" after the fake interview.
    Davie Provan said "Unfortunately, vile abuse is written into the contract when you sign up at the Old Firm.
    If you canít take the vitriol, youíre in the wrong city.
    If Alfredo believes the stick he gets is exceptional, he should have a word with Mo Johnston."

I think those comments are stupid, I'm not a fan of Provan tbh.
    I am pretty sure Morelos has been abused by many fans, whether it's racist or not, I have no idea. I'm not really sure where the allegations came from after the interview was debunked.
    I'd like to hope there wasn't racist abuse but all clubs have their dickhead fans.

Maybe it was his wife calling him a "dirty b**tard" :D
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 13:41:26
    The interview hasn't been 'debunked'. Some charlatan has altered what Alfie said, but in the real translation he does say that he's been racially abused.

The problem is that rather than supporting him the press and others have gone after him. You even seem to be shrugging your shoulders at it and I don't get why.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2020 14:14:35 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    The interview hasn't been 'debunked'. Some charlatan has altered what Alfie said, but in the real translation he does say that he's been racially abused.

The problem is that rather than supporting him the press and others have gone after him. You even seem to be shrugging your shoulders at it and I don't get why.
    I just listened to the interview he said that he feels that he's suffered racism, actually at Aberdeen people threw coins and things at him and had a go at his mum. (The Aberdeen fans had a sign saying "your mum is a mattress" in Spanish").
    That's it, he never mentioned racist insults, just that he puts abuse from fans down to racism.

Hammer anyone that has been racist or sectarian but this whole thing came him actually saying that he's suffered racism as Aberdeen fans were shits and Sky translating it as "Celtic fans were abusing me racially".
    As for supporting him, I'll support and player on the end of racist abuse, it was funny to see Celtic were publicly supporting him before his own club did.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 14:19:16
    What is it with you? Why does everything you post have to end in a biting comment?

That's a rhetorical question.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 15:14:46
    By the way I haven't said anything about Celtic, I'm not sure why you keep going there. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be raging at that interview, but its not Morelos' fault. And it doesn't excuse the treatment he gets, particularly from some in the media, hence the examples above.

I don't get the defensive stance that you have about this.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2020 15:17:47 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What treatment does he get?
    Heís a dirty, dishonest player, heís going to get criticism.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 15:30:34
    I understand that his game and his actions might enrage some people, but are you saying it's ok to be racist to him or that he doesn't get racist abuse?
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2020 16:09:06 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I understand that his game and his actions might enrage some people, but are you saying it's ok to be racist to him or that he doesn't get racist abuse?
    My point was that this controversy came from an incorrect translation of him saying that he had suffered racism because of Aberdeen fans throwing coins at him and insulting his mum.
    I am not saying it's ok to be racist to him, I detest all bigotry but I have no idea if he gets racist abuse, he definitely gets abuse, the banner about his mum is misogynistic and shitty but not racist. I really don't know exactly, I don't live in Scotland.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2020 16:17:33
    Right, but he's saying he's suffering from it...
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2020 16:21:59 28,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Right, but he's saying he's suffering from it...
    What racism did he suffer from?
    He only mentioned non racist standard twatty football abuse in the interview.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.