The Scottish Fitba Thread v3.0 Page 54

Next Last
  • Armoured_Bear 19 May 2020 12:04:11 28,876 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, season is over.
    Tbh I find it hard to give that much of a fuck about football right now but even though the SPFL are clowns, I think it makes sense.
    Rangers fans' moans are laughable when 13 points behind and 6 games to go, I do love that Rangers voted Yes in the end :)
    I have more sympathy for Hearts but basically they ended up in that position because they made a baffling, horrendous managerial appointment.

I'd actually like league contruction and bigger leagues, say 3 x 14 team leagues so even if it happened for the wrong reasons (to keep Hearts up)it would be for the best IMO. Shame the chance isn't being taken.
  • Armoured_Bear 19 May 2020 12:05:11 28,876 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also..

• Dgzter 8 Aug 2020 15:25:12 3,226 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Week 2 of Scottish football in a Covid world and we already have a game cancelled as several Aberdeen players are needing to self-isolate.

Scheduling is going to be some fucking laugh this year.
  • docrob 10 Aug 2020 22:24:59 1,575 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    So, season is over.
    Tbh I find it hard to give that much of a fuck about football right now but even though the SPFL are clowns, I think it makes sense.
    Rangers fans' moans are laughable when 13 points behind and 6 games to go, I do love that Rangers voted Yes in the end :)
    I have more sympathy for Hearts but basically they ended up in that position because they made a baffling, horrendous managerial appointment.

I'd actually like league contruction and bigger leagues, say 3 x 14 team leagues so even if it happened for the wrong reasons (to keep Hearts up)it would be for the best IMO. Shame the chance isn't being taken.
    No, Ann Budge should never have let Levein manage the team again, and should have sacked him sooner. She always was too close to him TBH.

Everyone else is absolutely loving our enforced demotion, which is predictable. But it was bullshit and we were absolutely right to take the challenge as far as possible. Any other club would have done the same if they had been stitched up that badly. Aston Villa stayed up after being further adrift than Hearts when play was suspended, and I think none of the bottom four in the English Championship at the time were relegated. You canít say any team deserves it after three-quarters of a season.

We are where we are though. Hearts now donít play until October, though TBH Iím so sickened by the corruption that oozes throughout Scottish football that Iím finding it hard to care all that much right now.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Aug 2020 23:15:56 28,876 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    So, season is over.

No, Ann Budge should never have let Levein manage the team again, and should have sacked him sooner. She always was too close to him TBH.

Everyone else is absolutely loving our enforced demotion, which is predictable. But it was bullshit and we were absolutely right to take the challenge as far as possible. Any other club would have done the same if they had been stitched up that badly. Aston Villa stayed up after being further adrift than Hearts when play was suspended, and I think none of the bottom four in the English Championship at the time were relegated. You canít say any team deserves it after three-quarters of a season.

We are where we are though. Hearts now donít play until October, though TBH Iím so sickened by the corruption that oozes throughout Scottish football that Iím finding it hard to care all that much right now.
    What is the corruption that caused Hearts to be relegated ?
  • Roos-V 10 Aug 2020 23:23:57 472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What has happened to Hearts (and Partick and Stranraer too) has been a complete shambles. Partick most of all, point behind with a game in hand and still been sent down. I was glad Hearts fought their corner with it, albeit expected them to get nowhere with it.

St Mirren last season were worse off than Hearts were after 30 games. They stayed up. Last season, not one team bottom after 30 games in all 4 divisions in Scotland went on to be relegated. Not saying Hearts would have stayed up, but we deserved the chance on the field, not voted out by those around us.

Budge got it very wrong with Levein and with Stendel it may have been a case of right man at the wrong time.

Biggest concern for me with the championship due to start in October is it actually starting. Think that start date was agreed on the basis of getting some fans into games. With Aberdeen and now Bolingoli all flouting the rules I can't see fans in stadiums by October. How many championship clubs are going to be able to afford twice weekly testing on top of their player salaries without the income from crowds? Premiership could also pull the ladder up and have no relegation next season due to these "unprecedented" times. Wouldn't put it past them
  • Dgzter 11 Aug 2020 15:23:39 3,226 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So fucked off with Bolingoli. What an absolute moron. I hope they throw the book at him.

That's both Celtic and Aberdeen now had their next two games cancelled. So three SPL games in total so far already needing to be rescheduled. And it's, what, week 2? Jesus.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Aug 2020 20:29:29 28,876 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    So fucked off with Bolingoli. What an absolute moron. I hope they throw the book at him.

That's both Celtic and Aberdeen now had their next two games cancelled. So three SPL games in total so far already needing to be rescheduled. And it's, what, week 2? Jesus.
    Yep, sack the idiot immediately.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.