• Dgzter 17 Oct 2020 11:38:04 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just lol at that Celtic line-up 😂

This is going to be fucking rough.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Oct 2020 12:45:51 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not looking great from a Celtic perspective...
  • Dgzter 17 Oct 2020 12:51:11 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, pretty much exactly as expected. I'm trying not to be too critical due to the Covid situation, but I can definitely see us shipping quite a few here.
  • Dgzter 17 Oct 2020 13:21:42 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bit of shite half. We've created basically nothing, aside from the one chance that Elyo should have scored. Rangers probably worth their lead, but I did think that their pace dropped off almost immediately after getting the early goal, which I wasn't expecting.
  • Dgzter 17 Oct 2020 14:23:59 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not a single effort on target. Oh dear.
  • Armoured_Bear 17 Oct 2020 19:43:05 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Diddy manager who is utterly lost, will be a long season.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Dec 2020 15:51:10 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Could see Hearts snatching this....
  • Dgzter 20 Dec 2020 15:51:59 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yup.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Dec 2020 16:47:25 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I’d now fancy Gordon to be more likely to save a penalty than Hazard
  • Dgzter 20 Dec 2020 16:49:21 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aye, I fear so too. I'll be amazed if we win this shootout, tbh. You can see the player's confidence levels are through the floor. Just dreadful.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Dec 2020 16:57:29 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I called that one wrong!
  • Dgzter 20 Dec 2020 16:58:41 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Very fortunate, but I'll take it.
  • docrob 20 Dec 2020 23:47:08 1,777 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, personally I am fucking gutted. I fully expected to lose, given the circumstances, but to come back from 2-0 down and then again in extra time, and then lose on penalties, is really hard to take. I'd genuinely have preferred a 4-0 loss. I expected as much at 2-0 and I'd be over it by now. After the year we've had, this really hurts.

Gordon did save a pen, and gave us the advantage. Sadly our last two takers bottled it.
  • Dgzter 2 Jan 2021 11:52:47 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pretty much a make or break game today for Celtic. Even with our games in hand, turning around Rangers' huge lead is going to be a bit of a herculean task. I simply cannot see it should we fail to win today, and given Rangers' form and how they've bossed us in the last two matches, I'm not particularly hopeful.

Glad to see Lennon has stuck with Turnbull and Soro, with Brown dropping to the bench. With two upfront I certainly expect us to managed to get a least one shot on target this time! Diamond formation has served us well in stopping the rot over the last few games, but (and I don't say this often) I actually agree with Kris Boyd that Rangers could really damage us down the flanks today -- if Kent, whom I still believe is by far their best player, finds his form then I'd worry for our undeniably woeful back line. Frimpong and Laxalt will really need to be on their tracking back game today. Real shame Julien got that knock on Wednesday; Bitton can be decent, but tend to always have an error in him ...

@docrob Sorry, didn't see your post last week. I thought you played very well in the second half, executed a good strategy, and were very unlucky not to get the win, especially when Gordon drew first blood in the shootout. You guys are surely going to boss promotion this year, though; so perhaps brighter times ahead for the Jambos.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2021 13:48:47 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Celtic having nothing to show for plenty of possession makes me nervous, Rangers will no doubt score on the break
  • Dgzter 2 Jan 2021 14:09:35 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    Bitton can be decent, but tend to always have an error in him ...
    Lol hate to say I called it. League's done.

Frustrating, as we'd been the better team, but can't say it isn't well deserved overall. Pretty remarkable fall from grace for Celtic, some serious reflection needed over the break to see how we're going to finish this campaign.

Also, get Shane Duffy to fuck. That was a ridiculous challenge; the sort of frustrating petulance you see from young kids. Should have been a red. Genuinely one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a Celtic jersey.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jan 2021 14:50:23 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    Dgzter wrote:
    Bitton can be decent, but tend to always have an error in him ...
    Lol hate to say I called it. League's done.

Frustrating, as we'd been the better team, but can't say it isn't well deserved overall. Pretty remarkable fall from grace for Celtic, some serious reflection needed over the break to see how we're going to finish this campaign.

Also, get Shane Duffy to fuck. That was a ridiculous challenge; the sort of frustrating petulance you see from young kids. Should have been a red. Genuinely one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a Celtic jersey.
    Aye, Duffy is horrendous, really stupid from Bitton but we're in this situation because Neil Lennon is way out of his depth, is never in a million years a good enough coach and the shambles of a board with their laziness and lack of ambition have facilitated it.
    To look at where we are under Rodgers where Rangers never looked anywhere near us to this, 19 points behind by January is quite impressive.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Jan 2021 17:03:28 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    tadejpogacar wrote:
    Um... LOL?
    NL's latest cringefest ?
  • Dgzter 30 Jan 2021 17:05:39 3,614 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I guess the one thing about this seemingly endless descent into fever dream farce is that it kind of neuters my sense of disappointment lol.

Poor Aaron, he'll have wished he hadn't rage quit the forum now, a genuine opportunity for a deserved gloat.

With Lawwell going in the summer, our one decent player undoubtedly off (if he doesn't go before the end of Jan), and the fact that Lawwell's replacement will simply have to get rid of Lennon if he is to build any rapport with the, currently very disgruntled, support, just what is the game plan for the next six months? I mean, deserved banter and jokes aside, Celtic currently look like a club that will struggle to secure another point at this stage let alone second place.
  • Trowel 24 Feb 2021 07:15:43 24,423 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Lennon has resigned.
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Feb 2021 08:12:09 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Lennon has resigned.
    Thank fuck for that although what’s the point now?
    Just a winter till a few games before the league is mathematically gone when there is no realistic chance of having a go at it.
    The guy is a complete arsehole as well as a terrible manager.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Feb 2021 08:21:51 18,224 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    Lennon has resigned.
    Just a winter till a few games before the league is mathematically gone when there is no realistic chance of having a go at it.
    So, back in time for next season then ?
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Feb 2021 08:28:43 30,537 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    Lennon has resigned.
    So, back in time for next season then ?
    I could actually see John Kennedy putting together a reasonable run and then our moron board giving him the gig full time , utter charlatans .
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.