USB wifi dongle broke. Have Wireless Access Point. Can I use that?

  • morriss 16 Nov 2012 13:34:52 71,290 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The thread title says it all. I can obv. Just but another USB dongle or a card, but can I use my D-Link DWL-G700AP instead?

  • StixxUK 16 Nov 2012 13:41:29 7,890 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You can probably set it up to run as a client and hook up your PC via an Ethernet cable... that's what I do with all my gear around the TV that only takes wired connections...
  • mal 16 Nov 2012 14:14:41 29,326 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I'm currently using my TP-Link TL-MR3020 portable 3G router in WISP mode to act as a ethernet to wireless bridge (well, router really as it's also doing NAT, firewall and port forwarding stuff). Oddly though, if I put it in Access Point mode I can't connect to it over ethernet (so I'm not quite sure what that mode's meant to do).
  • morriss 16 Nov 2012 14:24:34 71,290 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Cheers. It's connected but I can't seem to access it. should do it but it's not connecting.

  • alaab 1 Feb 2015 18:31:35 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A couple days ago both of my usb wifi adapters stopped working an you help me ? thanks
  • Deleted user 1 February 2015 18:34:54
    Buy another one?... You can get an edimax nano adapter for less than a tanner on Amazon etc...
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.