Dark Souls II Page 521

Next Last
  • TheHammerite 27 Apr 2019 13:43:37 3,455 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AaronTurner

I'm on Xbox One. Oh well, I'll just have to get good.
  • splosh 27 Apr 2019 14:53:40 297 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You can skip Smelter by finding a route near the centre north part of the map. If youíre playing on next-gen consoles then you should see 2 fume knights and one of the fat green guards and a long bridge. You can find a bonfire there too which leads to another belfry covenant.

Smelty isnít too bad, get a fire proof shield and donít get too greedy with attacks.
  • AaronTurner 27 Apr 2019 22:04:58 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:

I'm in the last stretch of the game I think now, I'm inside Drangleic castle. I've had to use a guide a couple of times after getting completely stuck without a clue where to go next. It almost seems unreasonable what the developers assume you can work out.
    You have a fair bit to go yet I'm afraid! Including an area that most people view with utter disdain, but I don't mind too much. plus all the DLC if you are doing that too?
    I think I may be at the part you were alluding to, a lot of long range combat where each battle triggers the next one.... Feck me.
  • AaronTurner 28 Apr 2019 00:07:14 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well that was a bit of a ballache but I'm now in the undead crypt. The bonfire locator shows 10 more areas, but I'm assuming a lot of those must be optional dlc? Surely I can't still be miles off the end?
  • Malek86 28 Apr 2019 07:24:18 8,598 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you are in the Crypt now, there's still a little while to go. Not a lot, mind, but still a few areas and bosses to go. From memory: Aldia's Keep, Dragon Shrine, then a boss, and finally the last two bosses.

The DLC areas are fairly big overall, but you could wait until the end of the game to access them (unlike DS1 and BB, the game won't throw you to a NG+ immediately after you finish).

Edited by Malek86 at 07:25:25 28-04-2019
  • AaronTurner 28 Apr 2019 14:55:54 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This game is an absolute shit, I killed the boss in the undead crypt and then afterwards it's fucking terrifying. Anyway, I have what I believe is important now. Apparently I have to go east... My one major criticism of this game is that at least three points I've been left pretty clueless as to what to do or where to go.

Edited by AaronTurner at 14:56:08 28-04-2019
  • AaronTurner 28 Apr 2019 23:23:27 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finished! Really enjoyed it but it did get a bit long towards the end and I can now totally understand why people don't like the settings and levels as much as the first, they don't really link up. However, I didn't mind it, the whole game had a dreamlike quality to it and dreams are weird and don't often make sense! Still, as I said above, my criticism is the amount of times I was left utterly bewildered about where to go next, I didn't enjoy have to look it up.

Now, that's DS1 and 2 done and dusted this month, I'm wondering whether I should go the whole hog and do 3 or take a break from the souls games...
  • Samildanach 29 Apr 2019 00:54:26 100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @AaronTurner
    The three dlc areas (Sunken City, Brume Tower and Elome Loyce) are well worth visiting in DS2. Probably the best part of the whole game. Oh, and The Darklurker is a great boss if you can be arsed to get to it.
  • Malek86 29 Apr 2019 05:43:08 8,598 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The DLC areas often walk the line between fun and frustrating.

I enjoy them overall, but the Sunken King is definitely the worst of the bunch, and the Ivory King has the most annoying optional area in the entire game.
  • wuntyphyve 29 Apr 2019 10:08:11 12,429 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @AaronTurner The DLC is VERY much worth doing. I would google how to access it (provided you haven't moved into NG+) and get stuck in.
  • AaronTurner 29 Apr 2019 12:36:48 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think I will move on to another game, I had my fill of DS2 over the last few weeks. It'll be there if I ever decide to take a look at it later. I'm thinking of driving straight into DS3 but I also have Nioh, Bloodborn (I beat father gascoigne and then never touched it again) and The Surge to take a look at.
  • wuntyphyve 29 Apr 2019 12:56:16 12,429 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I think I will move on to another game, I had my fill of DS2 over the last few weeks. It'll be there if I ever decide to take a look at it later. I'm thinking of driving straight into DS3 but I also have Nioh, Bloodborn (I beat father gascoigne and then never touched it again) and The Surge to take a look at.
    Well, out of those, you really want to be doing Bloodborne next, it is one of the finest games ever made.

However, if I could tempt you, the DLC in DS2 really something that shouldn't be missed. It is very, very good indeed with some of the best boss fights in the series.

I should probably go back to The Surge. got about halfway through and realised I couldn't be arsed.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 12:56:21 29-04-2019
  • AaronTurner 29 Apr 2019 16:09:22 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Too late, I started DS3 😁

Man, it reminds me more of Bloodborne than Dark Souls.
  • chrisno21 29 Apr 2019 16:14:35 2,169 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I enjoyed Dark3 a lot more than Dark2. It's got great fights throughout and parrying is joyous (if not overly risky) again.
  • wuntyphyve 29 Apr 2019 16:18:35 12,429 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dark souls 3 is a strange hybrid of Ds and bb. Itís easily the weakest of the three but it is still brilliant. I completely revised my opinion of it when I went through it again recently after not thinking much of it back when I first finished it. Itís got some right shitty elements, especially with covenants and trophies, but thereís a lot of awesome in there.
  • AaronTurner 29 Apr 2019 16:21:02 11,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm really enjoying it, I've made it to the 2nd bonfire after the high wall, really good so far. I played a fair bit when it came out, it must have been my first DS game, but I've completely forgotten it so far.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.