Suikoden III

• Deleted user 15 November 2002 12:16:30
    Is anyone else looking forward to playing this game? I've only read good reviews about it and I've never played a Suikoden game before.

Am I optimistic in expecting a non-linear RPG game, as opposed to FFX and Grandia II?
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Nov 2002 12:44:29 48,222 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Suikoden - excellent.
    Suikoden II - even better.

Suikoden III.... I can't bloody wait! :-D
  • Deleted user 15 November 2002 13:13:34
    Great news Blerk! In other words, my pre-order of Suikoden III is fully motivated.

Could you please write a few words comparing it with the RPGs I mentioned? I found them boring because of their linearity, and the same goes for "Shadow Hearts". I actually sold that game before completing it because it allowed no freedom. It's a shame, since all three games have very cool and different battle systems. How about Suikoden's?
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Nov 2002 14:12:08 48,222 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The first two Suikoden games essentially have a linear storyline, but because one of the main themes is to try and collect the full set of characters there are also lots of little sub-quests and you are given a lot of freedom to go wherever you like whenever you like.

The battle system is excellent with you taking six characters at a time and using a front-row (for close-combat weapons but lots of damage) and a back-row (for long-range weapons and magic).

With over 100 characters you can choose to use whoever is best suited to a particular quest at any time, although you'll probably find you get yourself some 'favourites' who you take out again and again.

They're probably my favourite PSOne RPGs... and pretty bloody difficult to get hold of these days. I'm very much looking forward to III. :-)
  • JabbaDaHut 15 Nov 2002 14:18:35 651 posts
    Registered 18 years ago
    Hey Blerk is the 3rd one coming to the Xbox or GC?
  • Blerk Moderator 15 Nov 2002 14:45:06 48,222 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Nope.
  • skalmanxl 16 Nov 2002 01:10:53 982 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    There has been a rumour about some Konami games getting a port to Xbox though. ZOE2 and Suikoden 3 being two of them. Not in any way confirmed mind you.
  • Khab 17 Nov 2002 03:29:05 6,583 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Dammit. I need a PS2.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.