Another amusing email

• Whizzo 15 Nov 2002 15:52:24 44,807 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'm signed up with the Odeon cinema's email newsletter and part of the one that turned up today I thought was quite amusing :-

"The certificate for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is confirmed as 12A. However, the correct certificate addendum is in fact, "contains intense combat and fantasy horror scenes". It is NOT, "contains moderate action, violence and one sex scene" which was attached by mistake. This is in fact the correct certificate addendum for James Bond: Die Another Day."

I didn't think there was any rumpy-pumpy in The Two Towers but as I gave up half way through reading it I wasn't too sure! :-)
  • jaa 15 Nov 2002 15:57:20 962 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The latest Bond only has one sex scene?

He's really getting old.
  • Killerbee 15 Nov 2002 15:59:04 5,015 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Errol - you made me think about hobbit sex. I feel quite nauseous now. I'm going to try to think about Liv Tyler for a bit to make me feel better, so don't interrupt. :p
  • Killerbee 15 Nov 2002 16:39:53 5,015 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    otto wrote:
    Errol, have you read the prologue to 'Bored of the Rings'?
    Is that the parody one where 'Bilbo' is called 'Dildo' throughout? I picked it up in WH Smiths once for a read and even managed not to get the usual "this isn't a lending-library" comments from the staff. Found it quite amusing. :)
  • ST.. 15 Nov 2002 16:55:29 934 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I took a look at that "Bored of the Rings" though it was produced by frat-boys from Harvard so i didnt reckon it would be too hilarious.

Cant believe they cut Shelob from TTT though...and the scouring of the shire wont be in TROTK.

I thought that chapter was really the whole point of the entire trilogy, seems a shame to leave it out simply because it would be too dark.
  • Gestalt 15 Nov 2002 20:12:09 98 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ST - "Cant believe they cut Shelob from TTT though..."
    They just pushed that scene back to ROTK apparently.

On the bright side, I can now watch TTT without having to cower behind the seat in front of me in abject terror. ;) The bad news is that I'll have to get a pair of shades like Zaphod Beeblebrox's by the time the third movie comes along.
  • Daryoon 15 Nov 2002 20:13:29 5,912 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Shelob isn't in TTT because Tolkien was useless when it came to having a coherent timeline. The encounter with Shelob actually happens during events depicted in the RotK, hence it being in the third film. The films, unlike the book, depict events chronologically, a concept J.R.R didn't seem to have much concept of :p
  • Khab 17 Nov 2002 00:34:10 6,583 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ...and the scouring of the shire wont be in TROTK.

No. No! NOOOOOOOOOO!

I was afraid of this, simple beacuse even now, in the extended version, Sam doesn't get any seeds from Galadriel. :( Bloody Kiwi. The scouring is the whole point of the trilogy, and what ties the Shire together with the rest of Middle-Earth! Arg!
  • Pirotic Moderator 18 Nov 2002 13:51:01 20,642 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    its a shame that Shelob is left until the third movie, the encounter leaves a good cliff-hanger which could of ended the second, i'll wait and see how it all turns out.
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,322 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    No creature in Middle Earth has genitals. It's a fact.
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Errol, have you read the prologue to 'Bored of the Rings'?
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ST.. wrote:
    I took a look at that "Bored of the Rings" though it was produced by frat-boys from Harvard so i didnt reckon it would be too hilarious.
    Well I first read it when 14 I think so it appealed very much to the person I was then. It's a pretty good parody actually. Remember me & my mate Simon being given detention for reading it during assembly & wetting ourselves. Not liderally.

Cant believe they cut Shelob from TTT though...and the scouring of the shire wont be in TROTK.
    NO WAY!!?!? Even if they push it back to ROTK that would be daft - it belongs at the end of Volume II for all sorts of artistic reasons.

And how can they lose the scouring of the shire, they already shot it for Galadriel's Mirror?

I thought that chapter was really the whole point of the entire trilogy, seems a shame to leave it out simply because it would be too dark.
    Ex ACT ly.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.