Random Musings Page 1366

  • beastmaster 10 Sep 2019 14:14:31 19,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I wonder if there’s rivalry between cover bands that do the versions of hit songs that are played in some pubs or cafes.
  • Nitrous 10 Sep 2019 14:35:04 1,817 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Rusty_M Same. Mrs Nitrous wants the heating on before work at 6am in the morning now though.

    Its only taken me 12 months to get around to sorting this problem but my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse now work without the constant drop outs/stuttering. The Logitech USB receiver suffers from interference at the USB port apparently and a work around is a simple USB extender cable.
  • Dougs 10 Sep 2019 18:36:40 90,229 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Oh to have a thermostat. We just wait until we're freezing our bollocks off, then put it on timer.
    Same here. Or on or off. Drives me mad as my wife will stick it on and forget it. Grrr
  • JamboWayOh 10 Sep 2019 18:47:31 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's 8 degrees here today. I wore a jumper today. Madness.
  • gammonbanter 10 Sep 2019 19:41:48 1,801 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You get that radiators on for the first time after the summer smell don't you!
  • Dougs 10 Sep 2019 20:40:39 90,229 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Heated dust, yum
  • Rusty_M 10 Sep 2019 20:41:50 7,039 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Soon it'll be winter and the doors will swell and get stiff
  • adamasunder12 10 Sep 2019 23:40:21 726 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Nothing will alienate me faster from a new podcast than the opening advert written like a banter off between the presenters.

    My Dad Wrote A Porno the culprit. I hated the presenters straight away from that opening salvo.

    Am I doing myself a disservice binning this?
  • Khanivor 11 Sep 2019 01:01:25 44,105 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    It's 8 degrees here today. I wore a jumper today. Madness.
    Fookin lookshurey

    It was 37 here today. And humid. People die weather.

    Ready for some cool. Rained for firs time in weeks. Actually went outside to get wet.
  • Rivuzu 11 Sep 2019 07:37:30 18,205 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    Nothing will alienate me faster from a new podcast than the opening advert written like a banter off between the presenters.

    My Dad Wrote A Porno the culprit. I hated the presenters straight away from that opening salvo.

    Am I doing myself a disservice binning this?
    Yeah. It's actually ok. Plus just fast forward the ad.

    Edited by Rivuzu at 07:37:38 11-09-2019
  • GuybrushFreepwood 11 Sep 2019 09:35:14 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Update on my poverty situation (kids offered a place in a private school), we accepted last night and will now be officially poor. No more holidays etc, but the kids and my wife are all ecstatic and that's what life is all about.

    I better get used to playing those free SNES games on the Switch and the taste of baked beans and rice.
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2019 09:40:05 34,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, had to light the fire last night so that's the next 6 months of logs and coal that needs buying. Definitely dropped temperature this week.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 11 Sep 2019 09:43:10 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @quadfather Mine is setup in the grate and I think I'm going to have to order some more coal in. I've still got a fair bit of wood thankfully. Not succumbed to lighting the fire yet. Sooo tempted though. Cats are begging me to.
  • adamasunder12 11 Sep 2019 12:26:28 726 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @Rivuzu Okay, I'll give it a proper go
  • JamboWayOh 11 Sep 2019 14:21:06 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    @quadfather Mine is setup in the grate and I think I'm going to have to order some more coal in. I've still got a fair bit of wood thankfully. Not succumbed to lighting the fire yet. Sooo tempted though. Cats are begging me to.
    Cats need to learn these things cost money mate. Unless they're going to go out on the streets selling their cat wares to help contribute to your kid's private education. As always it's one rule for the cat elite and another for us humans.

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 14:21:59 11-09-2019
  • adamasunder12 11 Sep 2019 15:51:15 726 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Self medicating on speed doesn't do any good.

    Although the day after I feel more normal than normal. I need this adhd specialist appt to happen sometime in the next decade please.
  • elstoof 11 Sep 2019 16:09:38 23,932 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    No shit sherlock
  • nickthegun 11 Sep 2019 16:11:01 78,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You may also need a blog
  • Rivuzu 11 Sep 2019 16:12:58 18,205 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Or a mirror
  • Trafford 11 Sep 2019 16:15:52 8,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's on the coffee table.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Sep 2019 16:22:15 27,354 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Right, had to light the fire last night so that's the next 6 months of logs and coal that needs buying. Definitely dropped temperature this week.
    Proper fires are awesome.
    Why do you use Coal though?
    Is it much cheaper?
  • JamboWayOh 11 Sep 2019 16:24:09 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    Self medicating on speed doesn't do any good.

    Although the day after I feel more normal than normal. I need this adhd specialist appt to happen sometime in the next decade please.
    Mate, I'm pretty sure I recommended that you take some time off the forum.
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2019 16:57:03 34,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Right, had to light the fire last night so that's the next 6 months of logs and coal that needs buying. Definitely dropped temperature this week.
    Proper fires are awesome.
    Why do you use Coal though?
    Is it much cheaper?
    I generally use both coal and logs. The combo of them means you don't get through logs so quickly.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 11 Sep 2019 18:16:24 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @quadfather Yep, I use the same. I chopped a tree down a couple of years ago and that did me last year which felt good. This year, I got a tonne of wood for £75. That and a simlar amount of coal will do me this year. I love the fire being on.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Sep 2019 18:41:55 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    @quadfather Yep, I use the same. I chopped a tree down a couple of years ago and that did me last year which felt good. This year, I got a tonne of wood for £75. That and a simlar amount of coal will do me this year. I love the fire being on.
    /stealth 'I chopped a tree down so I'm a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus, but no biggie' .
  • GuybrushFreepwood 11 Sep 2019 21:05:52 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JamboWayOh it was not a huge tree (20’ or so) and a chain saw was involved. I left the stump and carved a notch into it so we could put our house number on it.

    Took me a day or so to then chop it into logs with a saw horse.

    But yeah, total sexual tyrannosaur (as in long dead reptile).
  • JamboWayOh 11 Sep 2019 21:08:39 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He obviously carved the notch with his penis.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Sep 2019 21:16:06 6,762 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's barbed like a cats winkie
  • THFourteen 12 Sep 2019 08:43:26 52,820 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So two travel bloggers are being held in a prison in Iran.

    Who in their right minds would travel to Iran. And when you got there, who in their right minds would fly a DRONE.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Sep 2019 08:44:01 7,716 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    So two travel bloggers are being held in a prison in Iran.

    Who in their right minds would travel to Iran. And when you got there, who in their right minds would fly a DRONE.
    youtubers
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.