Registered 2 months ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    How do you delete your EG account? I can't find it
    Why do you want to leave?

Edit Profile - scroll to bottom - remove account

Edited by whatfruits at 11:21:33 01-04-2021
  • Deleted user 1 April 2021 11:25:09
    Thanks, I just found out.

There are two reasons. One is that I only post if I'm drunk. The other is that this is one of the two remaining places where I interact with people in any way. That is two places too much.

Goodbye everyone.
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Apr 2021 11:26:56 10,934 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deleted user wrote:
    Thanks, I just found out.

There are two reasons. One is that I only post if I'm drunk. The other is that this is one of the two remaining places where I interact with people in any way. That is two places too much.

Goodbye everyone.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bye Dr. Strangelove, another one gone. How many of Deck's personalities are left?
  • Razz 1 Apr 2021 11:31:54 968 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Isn't anybody else worried? Sounds like something someone would post just before doing something really really stupid.
  • Syrette 1 Apr 2021 11:32:06 51,071 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    He really needs help. Not my place to say, but still...

Hope he does okay.
  • nickthegun 1 Apr 2021 11:32:10 86,026 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Goodbye, Dr. Strangelove. I'll always remember you for not understanding a Dr. Strangelove reference.
  • BreadBinLidHero 1 Apr 2021 11:46:37 10,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hope he's all right.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2021 11:48:03 30,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Isn't anybody else worried? Sounds like something someone would post just before doing something really really stupid.
    Hopefully just the post-drinking blues.
    Def needs help though.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2021 11:48:06
    I just re-registered and will delete that account again after this post.

The reason is what you said about me needing help and doing something "really really stupid". I assume that by that you mean suicide. If so, I greatly disagree because I think suicide is the best thing you can do. But fear not, that is not what I'm going to do, at least not anytime soon.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm not about to kill myself or do any other "stupid" shit. I'm just leaving this place.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2021 11:48:56 30,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ghfjdk wrote:
    I just re-registered and will delete that account again after this post.

The reason is what you said about me needing help and doing something "really really stupid". I assume that by that you mean suicide. If so, I greatly disagree because I think suicide is the best thing you can do. But fear not, that is not what I'm going to do, at least not anytime soon.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm not about to kill myself or do any other "stupid" shit. I'm just leaving this place.
    Get help with your drinking and good luck, hope to see you back.
  • wuntyate 1 Apr 2021 12:03:13 16,820 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Suicide is the best thing you can do? WTF?

Get help chief.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Apr 2021 13:32:40 25,619 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :(

I'm sorry that you seem to be in a bad place, Strangelove.

For what its worth, I've always enjoyed our chats/arguments. It feels like your problem isn't really to do with EG, but either way I hope you get it sorted.
  • LegendaryApe 1 Apr 2021 14:05:35 2,381 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good luck Dr Strangelove. We had differing opinions regarding Mass Effect sometimes but you are an appreciated part of this community.

Come back sometime and tell us how you're doing
  • mrpon 1 Apr 2021 14:12:06 37,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Awww, I like his retro reviews! Come back Dr!!
  • Rum_Monkey 1 Apr 2021 14:12:41 2,512 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Think he'll be back once he sobers up a bit.
  • Rhaegyr 1 Apr 2021 14:24:52 5,398 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If so, I greatly disagree because I think suicide is the best thing you can do.
    Speaking as someone who carried his friends' coffin after he killed himself last year this is possibly the most distressing thing I've ever read on this forum.

Please talk to someone, even if it's just us numpties on the forum. People think about you, care about you and even I'm worried about you and I don't think we've ever interacted in this place.

Hope to hear from you soon
  • JamboWayOh 1 Apr 2021 14:29:56 23,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Suicide is the best thing you can do? WTF?

Get help chief.
    Yeah that was... concerning.
  • StixxUK 2 Apr 2021 13:41:28 8,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Hey mate hope you grace us with your presence again, we'll miss you while you're gone.
  • Rogueywon 2 Apr 2021 14:24:45 11,357 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh holy shit, just spotted this. Umm... outside of fringe terminal-illness cases, suicide is absolutely not the best thing you can do. I've seen the aftermath of a couple. It's not good for anybody.

Also, making fun of people's real names is indeed childish and stupid. You were right.
  • KD 2 Apr 2021 14:55:53 3,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I checked out yesterday after reading his comments, 2 years and 2 months since my life got shaken after losing an ex to suicide..

Pay us a visit on Dirt Rally if you read this DrS, I'll be setting up weekly runs for the foreseeable future.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2021 00:05:47
    I just re-registered one last time because I found it important to apologise for that needless sentence. If it hurt you or caused distress, I'm sorry. I've been on the edge of saying disturbing things for a long time, I let it slip this time and I'm sorry that I did.

@Rhaegyr

I'm especially sorry for you because I know life hasn't been easy on you. In the time we played CS:GO together, when I went under the name drip, I quickly learned that you seem to be a great guy and I believe anyone should consider themselves fortunate to call you a friend.

As for caring about me, I really don't want anyone to think/care/worry about me. That just drives me further away. Well it seems I made a mess of that, so joke's on me I guess.

@Rogueywon

I know the aftermath well from my own experience. As for that name joke thing, that really meant nothing. I make stupid jokes in private just like anyone else, I just found it questionable to do it in a place where the person might read it.

Trafford, if you're reading this, I just want to reassure you that that had nothing to do with me leaving. It was just a silly joke, I have much more pressing concerns.

@KD

I'm sorry that I made you hurt. I really didn't want to do that. As for DR, I'm not coming back, I already left the club.

So. I've been thinking about leaving EG for at least a year, all it ever needed was that final self-induced nudge. It's not a sudden emoquit, it's been in the making for a long time. I'm not going to come back.

Over and out.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Apr 2021 00:08:40 23,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope you get the help you need man.
  • creepiest-lizard 3 Apr 2021 00:52:22 2,301 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A shame. Seemed like a decent sort and more importantly he was one of the few people that also thought the first Mass Effect was the best one. And had the better combat.
    Hope he gets through whatever it is.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Apr 2021 00:56:18 17,132 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh man, Im only just seeing this now.

I hope youre able to get yourself into a more positive headspace and over whats bringing you down.

Well miss you
  • Dirtbox 3 Apr 2021 07:05:00 92,277 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I like americans, but my god, they're ignorant of the world. To an extreme.
  • creepiest-lizard 3 Apr 2021 07:20:07 2,301 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    about twenty odd years ago a spanish ex-girlfriend of mine told me about when she stayed with an american family for the summer (cant remember where. Somewhere rural.) and they thought that Spain was in Africa. And that she needed to be explained what a washing machine was.
  • Mola_Ram 3 Apr 2021 07:24:17 25,619 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deleted user wrote:
    I just re-registered one last time because I found it important to apologise for that needless sentence. If it hurt you or caused distress, I'm sorry. I've been on the edge of saying disturbing things for a long time, I let it slip this time and I'm sorry that I did.

As for caring about me, I really don't want anyone to think/care/worry about me. That just drives me further away. Well it seems I made a mess of that, so joke's on me I guess.
    I mean, "I'm sorry that I let the mask slip and caused you distress" is not exactly reassuring either. Nor is "I don't want people to care about me".

You've been a part of the community for years, and you don't get to choose whether people care or worry about you or not. That's human relationships for you! And whether you read this or not, stay away from EG or not, I hope you can get help and find peace somewhere.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.