Cable help

• D_arkTrooper 8 Feb 2013 11:50:32 1,476 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This may be a bit of a long shot but here we go...

Basically I'm looking for a short (as in about 15cm/6inches) MALE MicroUSB to MALE MiniUSB cable to connect my Galaxy S3 phone to my PS3 pad. Currently I'm using a short OTG cable and another short FEMALE USB to MALE minUSB cable to get the 2 devices connected. Although this works, it's a bit....clunky and upon browsing the internet today I found this:

The cable there is EXACTLY what I need. Doing a search on eBAY and Amazon has so far been unsuccessful and I was hoping maybe someone on here has a bit of experience looking for rare cables and suchlike and would know where to look.

And I'd just like to add that I already own the S3 specific version of the GameKlip and I've already contacted the guy who makes them asking about the cable and am awaiting a reply.

Thanks in advance guys.
  • billythekid 8 Feb 2013 11:53:33 12,196 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.ebuyer.com/398315-6in-micro-usb-male-to-mini-usb-female-adapter-micro-b-uusbmusbmf6?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&gclid=CLzH5pDTprUCFdLMtAodQBUAXA
  • D_arkTrooper 8 Feb 2013 11:58:38 1,476 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Close, but that's a female miniUSB connector.

Thanks for looking anyway.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 14:25:13
    http://www.conrad-uk.com/ce/en/product/989925/Delock-USB-20-Cable-USB-20-connector-Mini-B-to-USB-20-connector-Micro-B

May find it cheaper on eBay
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 14:31:08
    May even tell you length on eBay.
  • D_arkTrooper 8 Feb 2013 15:02:45 1,476 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hmmmm....The site has a second photo and it looks like it's a fairly long one (about a metre at a guess).

So far I've found a 25cm one on the US eBAY site and it's cost 1.31. It's shipping from Hong Kong so have no idea when/if it'll arrive or whether it'll actually work.

Thanks everyone for looking tho and if you have any more ideas, post 'em here :-)
  • mal 8 Feb 2013 16:15:47 29,326 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    AFAIK, to make the phone appear as a USB master to the pad, it'll need to be wired as an OTG cable at the mini-USB end. Just a random cable with the right connectors may not work.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 17:40:50
    Just lop off the middle section, wire it back up yourself, wrap some electrical tape around it, done.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.