Following Headphones Page 53

Next Last
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jan 2021 07:49:20 29,481 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Qobuz also has family subscriptions, my partner and my profile are totally separate.
  • Dougs 12 Jan 2021 07:50:37 97,447 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Yeah this is why the Spotify family sub is good. Itís the only one that works that way afaik, although it costs more. Itís probably the main reason I stick with Spotify.
    I did a quick Google but didn't think it worked....I'll check it out and see if I can get it up and running. I ported my playlists etc to Spotify the other day so hopefully won't lose too much of I switch. I really, really like Deezer's Flow though.
  • Dougs 12 Jan 2021 07:52:37 97,447 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Qobuz also has family subscriptions, my partner and my profile are totally separate.
    Family subs aren't the issue, it's getting them to use different profiles on different devices under the same Amazon account. I may just be being dim.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jan 2021 08:02:06 29,481 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Family subs aren't the issue, it's getting them to use different profiles on different devices under the same Amazon account. I may just be being dim.
    Iím probably being dim as I didnít get the Amazon part. If I play Qobuz through my Linn streamer, phone app, desktop app, whatever itís only my profile, gf plays through hers on those devices too. That doesnít use Amazon devices so irrelevant to you, sorry for my dimness :)
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Jan 2021 08:03:15 11,986 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wow a Linn streamer are they expensive
  • nickthegun 12 Jan 2021 08:24:00 84,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I dunno if this works specifically with Spotify but:

-Go to your Amazon account on a browser and add your wifeís account to your household. This shares all your prime benefits, too, so you could just use prime music

-Download the Alexa app on your wife/kids device and login as the Mrs, then add your services, spotify whatever.

-Go to the kids echo and say ĎAlexa switch to wifeís accountí and it should just play content from her account.

They do kids Amazon household accounts now but I dunno how restrictive they are. We do the above because the wife listens to a *lot* of audiobooks because of her tinnitus, so sheís always switching to her account to listen to them.
  • Dougs 12 Jan 2021 08:42:12 97,447 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Thanking you! It's going to take me years to curate my music again. :-/
  • nickthegun 12 Jan 2021 08:53:24 84,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    LIFEHACK: you can set your playlists to public and just follow them from the new account

Or

On windows, drag your playlists out the app onto the desktop, log out the app, log in as new person and drag them in
  • nickthegun 12 Jan 2021 15:33:48 84,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Picked up my covid haul!

The star of the show has to be the Fiio BTR3k. That thing is amazing. Bluetooths straight to the phone or laptop or you can plug it into your computer and use it like a traditional USB dac.

Sound wise, not got a great deal to compare it to, but it certainly sounds an order of magnitude better than just sticking it into the headphone jack of my laptop.

I listened to Pure Phase by Spiritualised with it and the grados and 'Spread Your Wings' made my eyes water, so mission accomplished.

(would totally recommend that album as a tester. Its got approx 1bn layers of sound on it)
  • Tomo 12 Jan 2021 23:23:19 18,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Interestingggg... The Fiio that is.
  • nickthegun 13 Jan 2021 10:17:26 84,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, its really cool. Not that anyone goes out anymore, but I didnt really want dongle lyfe, so not having to daisy chain through a couple of dongles and cables to run it from my iPhone is nice. And plugging it into a PC really brings out a lot of detail in netflix and whatnot.

Im really impressed with it for something so small. Been testing some old AGK 451s and even the wifes work sennheiser HD205s got a kick up the arse.

SALES PITCH: OVER
  • moominpapa 13 Jan 2021 14:52:07 5 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

I listened to Pure Phase by Spiritualised with it and the grados and 'Spread Your Wings' made my eyes water, so mission accomplished.

(would totally recommend that album as a tester. Its got approx 1bn layers of sound on it)
    This post coaxed me out of my lurking hole. Pure Phase is a fantastic headphone album and an absolute belter however you listen to it. As you say, there's loads going on, especially with the different mixes in each channel. I recently got the ifi Hip-Dac but haven't really given it a proper test yet. Pure Phase will be the test. Let It Flow.

That's an impressive haul with those Grados. If I can get away with building up a headphone collection, they are next on the list.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Jan 2021 14:56:59 22,315 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Getting a Fiio was definitely the gateway to my Ďhead-fií habit.
  • nickthegun 13 Jan 2021 17:24:50 84,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @moominpapa - Spiritualized are definitely worth your first post in 18 years!
  • moominpapa 13 Jan 2021 20:04:25 5 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    They are indeed. Eighteen years though. I feel really old.
  • nickthegun 13 Jan 2021 20:13:54 84,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Weirdly, seeing them tour this album was, I think, the first gig I ever went to. A mates brother was a steward at derby students Union and he used to sneak us in
  • Tomo 13 Jan 2021 20:45:55 18,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    moominpapa wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

This post coaxed me out of my lurking hole. Pure Phase is a fantastic headphone album and an absolute belter however you listen to it. As you say, there's loads going on, especially with the different mixes in each channel. I recently got the ifi Hip-Dac but haven't really given it a proper test yet. Pure Phase will be the test. Let It Flow.

That's an impressive haul with those Grados. If I can get away with building up a headphone collection, they are next on the list.
    :o

See you in 2039 bro.
  • Tomo 13 Jan 2021 20:48:17 18,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Hmm. I got an E10K years ago and can't say I've ever been overly impressed. I kinda keep it plugged in out of habit.
  • Tomo 13 Jan 2021 20:54:25 18,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm loving the SR80s. Think I've always had pretty similar headphones prior to getting these, as the difference is so noticeable.

And not always in a good way. I put on Gil Scott Heron x Jamie xx earlier and it sounded hollow. The bass is pretty non-existent!

But I'm fine with that as a lot of other albums I've listened to are really benefiting from them.

I've also put the headband tighter to my head, which seems counter intuitive, but there is a lot less temple pinching. They are so basic in their construction with 2 metal poles that determine height. But at a slightly wrong angle they are a bit unforgiving. Slightly crackers headphones.
  • moominpapa 13 Jan 2021 21:25:00 5 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @nickthegun what a great first gig. I didnít see them tour this album but Ive made up for it since.
  • moominpapa 13 Jan 2021 21:35:14 5 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    moominpapa wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

:o

See you in 2039 bro.
    I'll be like a forum Eugene Tooms. Without the liver obsession.
  • mrharvest 13 Jan 2021 22:28:07 5,641 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Hmm. I got an E10K years ago and can't say I've ever been overly impressed. I kinda keep it plugged in out of habit.
    I've got an E11K. It feeds the eternal hunger that my Fostex cans have. Speaking of which I got some Brainwavz oval hybrid ear pads for them. I think it made them sound a bit muddy so I'm not so sure if I should get the Shure 1540 pads or just cut out the inner felt. Eh.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.