Throne of darkness problem

• VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 00:55:59 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've been looking for help with this thing and i think i have maybe found some(here)
    I bought this game from a friend for 20 bucks,he let me play it on his PC first and i liked the diablo style to it!! so i bought it,get home install it on my computor,and it wont play :(
    the auto run comes up,i hit play,it will act like its loading but it stops doing anything after a few seconds,i bring up task manager and look at procceses,and my pc usage is at 100%(woah!)
    i look through to see what process is doing this,and the process was Throne :(
    so i don't know what else to do,ive downloaded patches and everything,please help me. :(

P.S. I am on xp
  • Sid-Nice 18 Jan 2005 01:03:52 15,848 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Aye the bulb's gone in my outhouse toilet also, the only place where I can sit and smoke in peace. :)

/gets frock and handbag. :)
  • archonsod 18 Jan 2005 01:04:44 208 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I get install problems on XP too. Managed to install it once and it ran fine, but won't install any longer.
    Seems to have coincided with installing Service Pack 2 on XP.

Try running the setup program in compatability mode, might sort it out (or at least give you an error message).
  • VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 01:05:11 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    im afraid that made no sense what so ever -.-
  • VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 01:05:45 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    thank you
  • VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 01:08:39 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    why cant i remember what combatibility mode is? -.- it seems so awkwardly familiar...mind explaining,im having a blonde moment...
  • archonsod 18 Jan 2005 01:14:41 208 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Open up the 1st CD in My Computer (right click and choose explore)
    Look for a file called Setup.exe. Right click, choose properties and click the compatability tab. Check the "Run this program in compatability mode" box and select a windows version underneath. Probably worth trying each version.
  • VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 01:18:36 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thank you!!!!
  • VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 01:21:47 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    and then i just put in the play cd and try each version till it works? or do i have to do something else?
  • archonsod 18 Jan 2005 01:29:45 208 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Try doing it to the exe on the hard drive. (Didn't realise it was already installed)

Don't think it needs to use anything off the disk. Look in task manager to see what the game is listed as and compare that with the filename. Thats the file you need to run in compatability mode.

i.e. if Throne.exe is the application named then you need to find Throne.exe either where you installed the game or on the disk.

Try each version and see if it works. If not you might get an error message.

Also, try closing down everything else (use msconfig), disable the net connection first tho!
  • VampireHunterX 18 Jan 2005 01:42:30 7 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    well,i got an error message once,but it still doesant play,i dont think ill ever get to play my game :(
  • cederickschafer 30 Sep 2016 07:55:11 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found out how to fix it and make it work on Windows 10. You need the latest patch 1.2.18 and a No CD Patch because newer Windows versions don't support securerom anymore. You need to copy and paste the Samurai.lot into your Lot folder on your harddrive. Now use Windows 95 mode and check "deactivate scarling for high DPI" and you are good to go.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 30 Sep 2016 08:05:03 47,498 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I doubt he was using Windows 10 when he created this thread 11 years ago.
  • ARumFellow 30 Sep 2016 20:29:29 253 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I doubt he was using Windows 10 when he created this thread 11 years ago.
    He was running it on DFKOS (Dog-Face Knight Operating System).

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.