The Walking Dead: Season Two Page 7

• Deleted user 29 August 2014 22:44:04
    That would be pretty interesting. Sort of like another 400 Days episode.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 30 Aug 2014 15:07:51 3,511 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is interesting to note a few people talking about how they paused the big decisions to deliberate over them. I personally thought it fit the themes and situations much better to do it all real-time and have to go with your instinct fast. I mentioned some of my choices earlier in the thread but a little expansion here:
    On the lake I chose to cover Luke, which as people said made Bonnie hate me. I was annoyed that I couldn't make a choice to actually shoot at the three thieves rather than the choices given. And at the end I did shoot Kenny as it seemed he had gone as far as he could and if he had lost the baby too it would be kinder, then after finding the result of Jane's plan I abandoned her as she was unreliable so ended up solo with the baby. During the fight I attacked both of them to break them up, but ultimately tried to support Kenny as long as I could as even thought he was volatile he was predictable unlike Jane
  • SolidSCB 30 Aug 2014 15:18:54 11,201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've heard a few people mention there wasn't an opportunity to shoot at the traitors as they try to leave. Then how did I shoot Mike dead almost immediately without any such problems?
  • FrostPan 30 Aug 2014 15:30:12 1,607 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Aug 2014 15:52:21 8,727 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @SolidSCB Because you were playing the unpatched PS3 version.
  • FrostPan 30 Aug 2014 16:13:12 1,607 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    It is interesting to note a few people talking about how they paused the big decisions to deliberate over them. I personally thought it fit the themes and situations much better to do it all real-time and have to go with your instinct fast
    This is my approach as well. I find the game more exhilarating this way.

I just checked out the ending on if you're with Jane at the end and accept the family to come in to the base. Well I'm glad I didn't let the family in my walkthrough, I wouldn't be satisfied at all. Already there's trust issues and a random kid telling Clementine that she has a cool hat resulting a pessimistic response, and for the game just to end it like that, wow. I thought not letting the family in choice was done better.

This whole discussion regarding on saving Kenny or Jane is great. I've been watching some other people's playthroughs and it's amazing to see other people's thoughts and feelings being played out through the interactive choices. I like Kenny, but not to the degree compared to other people. I thought he already was a bit batshit insane and I personally would rather hang around with Jane because of that, despite what she did. I think I forgave her more than other people who picked the choice.

From season 1 and in season 2, I hardly agreed with Kenny on anything and always thought he was reckless. Like the previous episode 2, when you're reunite with Kenny, I didn't choose to sit with him by the table because he was just acting really weird and kept embarrassing himself. Of course, I did feel guilty though when I saw his sad puppy eyes. I think Kenny even mentioned this decision when he was dying and making a surprising positive note of it to Clementine.

I realised some people have a strong attachment to Kenny. I watched a walkthrough where the player was in tears when he chose to shoot Kenny and just see him there dying. To me, he opened up more to me when he was dying as it was the first time in a long while he wasn't so incredibly stressed. Obviously it definitely evokes more emotion if the player kills Kenny over than Jane giving the history, but even if you decide to let Kenny kill Jane, I would just hate him more as a character. So I'm happy on the decisions I have made in the last episode. Apart from the Luke sticky situation choice, which resulted Bonnie to become an absolute arsehole.

Edited by FrostPan at 16:16:25 30-08-2014
  • Deleted user 30 August 2014 17:21:57
    @midnight_walker I've heard about this. It really must of been a last minute change to make it that far into game. I think it would of made more sense though to have the option to shoot Arvo instead.
  • SolidSCB 30 Aug 2014 17:26:43 11,201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hope it doesn't cock up my save for season 3. What an odd thing to patch out at the last minute.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2014 17:47:42
    I wonder how they'll do that anyway. Surely Season 3 will be on PS4/XBO instead?

Oh, another thought. I think I've worked out Arvo and what he was trying to do.

I think Arvo was stealing supplies from his own group, got caught by Clem and Jane and regardless of your choice, Jane takes his gun (you would be insane to give it back after all). Now, in these desperate times his group would surely notice his gun is gone and demand an answer. He then blames Clem's group for stealing it and supplies. It goes from bad to worse then.

What do you think?

Edited by Adv at 17:54:02 30-08-2014
  • MrSensible 31 Aug 2014 15:31:38 26,517 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm just starting this and a bit confused about transferring my save file. When I start the first episode it detects that I finished Season One, which I did... but there is absolutely no mention, whatsoever, of the DLC, 400 Days. Is this normal? Does it just not mention that? I can't tell if it's working properly or not.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 31 Aug 2014 15:53:07 8,727 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't remember, but holy cow you're brave coming in here before you've even started!
  • MrSensible 31 Aug 2014 15:54:06 26,517 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah it's OK, it's all spoiler tagged up and I'm good at scanning through stuff and avoiding what I don't want anyway ;)
  • Deleted user 31 August 2014 16:00:56
    @thefilthandthefury 400 days is dlc for season 1 so it's just put under as season 1. It's took them into account, it's just not said so don't worry about it. Let us know how you found S2 :) Will be interesting to see what you chose.

Oh, and enjoy!

Edited by Adv at 16:02:57 31-08-2014
  • MrSensible 31 Aug 2014 16:42:55 26,517 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah, so that should be OK? Because I'm seeing this screen and thought that it would mention the 400 Days DLC separately. It even looks like there's a space for it, under where it says SEASON 1.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 16:43:17 31-08-2014

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 16:43:38 31-08-2014
  • MrSensible 31 Aug 2014 18:03:08 26,517 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah wait, I discovered that I was right, it really should have mentioned it there. The save has gone strange and forgotten that I've completed 400 Days. I resumed from the last save before the end, but it kept doing this issue. To fix it, I had to actively go to REWIND and back to that very last point. Now it's all fine and sorted :)
  • Dolly 31 Aug 2014 20:19:04 3,516 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is this out for the Vita yet, can't find it on any version of the store? :(

Edit for clarity: S2 E5

Edited by Dolly at 20:19:43 31-08-2014
  • BigOrkWaaagh 31 Aug 2014 20:39:23 8,727 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dolly wrote:
    Is this out for the Vita yet, can't find it on any version of the store? :(

Edit for clarity: S2 E5
    Out next week for Vita I believe.
  • Dolly 31 Aug 2014 21:56:46 3,516 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sweet, cheers!
  • FrostPan 31 Aug 2014 23:38:18 1,607 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Adv wrote:
    I wonder how they'll do that anyway. Surely Season 3 will be on PS4/XBO instead?
    Unless it uses a new engine, which I doubt, I don't see why it wouldn't be on last gen.

@thefilthandthefury

Enjoy! I remember when I went through all of season 1 within a few days. Good times.

I look forward to Tales from Borderlands and Game of Thrones, both series I'm not familar with, same with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us before. :D

Edited by FrostPan at 23:39:24 31-08-2014
  • Futaba 1 Sep 2014 00:23:03 3,636 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ep 4 spoilers: I heard a rumour they took out the option to shoot Mike because the recent riots in the USA were started after the shooting of a black teenager, namely Michael Brown. Could be complete bullshit but it has a ring of truth to it for me.

In my game RE: Bonnie she died in the same scene as Luke. I tried to help Luke by shooting the zombies and she fell in when she ran over to try and help him out. Then as Luke started banging the ice I shot it and started to crack it open by bashing the gun against it. It was just about to break but as Kenny and Jane shouted to me I realised it would be a possible fatal idea to completely crack it (Luke seemed to be a second away from drowning and Clem would've fallen in too), so I stopped just short of breaking it. I've watched the multiple versions of the scene and if you don't break it, Bonnie doesn't make it back out but if you do she pulls herself out.

I don't get how some of you can pause the game when the decisions come up though, that takes all the excitement and tension out of the game. I can kind of understand it in Mass Effect or something but this game is all about the decisions and the actions you take in regards to others so it would kill the fun for me.

Edited by Futaba at 00:29:37 01-09-2014

Edited by Futaba at 04:31:19 02-09-2014
  • BigOrkWaaagh 1 Sep 2014 07:00:46 8,727 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The BIG decisions don't have a timer on them so you can happily sit there and ponder your response. Pausing the game to avoid a timer on the regular choices is completely counter to the game, I didn't even realise it was an option.
  • dancingrob 1 Sep 2014 18:10:36 1,267 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the final episode just about redeemed a game that I'd previously found fairly disappointing after the first season.

Part of that was due to playing the Wolf Among Us at the same time, also a similar format, and I think just having one episodic game on the go at once is probably about right for me.

In terms of decisions...

I shot Kenny. I didn't even feel particularly guilty for doing so. He'd been increasingly unable to cope with what was going on around him since the first season, and I really didn't 'get' the connection with him I supposedly had anyway. In a game of free choice, My Clem would have been openly agreeing with the rest of the party suggesting he should be cut loose, not semi-defending him. Essentially, Kenny was never my 'family', despite the game trying to present him as such

Interestingly, I felt the game had my relationship with Bonnie 'wrong' as well, in that I never quite trusted her after her initial work with Carver. Still a shock for her to die with Luke though! Arvo also seemed spectacularly unsympathetic, and I also missed having an option to shoot him during the attempted escape

Jane, although clearly not 'trustworthy' did offer the best opportunity for survival, although I'm a little confused about the whole 'Nine days later' thing, as I don't quite get how the baby survived that journey without food. If there is to be additional DLC, that would be the area I'd like to see. I ended up letting the family into the house at the end for the rather downbeat ending.

More generally, I'd have liked a bit more variety in the plotting - there's only so many times things can be stuck just out of reach of an adult, or where Clem was the only person who could resolve a dispute between two factions.

At its best, the writing did give the impression of adult errors being viewed through a child's eyes, particularly in the first and last episodes, it's just a shame there were too many moments, where this wasn't the case. I'm particularly thinking of Episodes 2/4, which were fairly weak on the whole.
  • AcidSnake 2 Sep 2014 23:04:11 8,139 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just finished this (played all 5 episodes in 4 days)...

I have to say I preferred Season 1, though I did enjoy Season 2 a lot...

The episodes seemed a lot shorter to me in this season...Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but the playable sections seemed a lot less this time around as well...
    And many choices just ended up with the same outcome anyway...

My ending:
    You can't get between Kenny and me, no matter how much I like you and especially not by endangering a baby to prove a point...So Jane died...Bit shocked to see a "shoot Kenny" option immediately after that, that would really be terminator Clem...
    When we hit Wellington he redeemed his crazy behaviour in my eyes...The doubt had been the whole time that he just couldn't live without a surrogate for Duck, so basically a selfish need, but at the end he showed it was more about not fucking up for once and actually protecting the people he loved...

At least that's how I read it :)

As for odd choices and instances:
    Luke dying either way could have been handled differently, especially seeing as he was the lone survivor from the new group...And on his birthday as well! (or the day after)...
    Sarah was pretty much useless though I did try and save her til the end...
    Odd thing: when did they learn Jane's name? Suddenly they just called out to her as if they knew all along...
    Would have liked the final choice to have a leave AJ in Wellington and head back out with Kenny option...
    Odd thing: Whatever happened to the town they saw across the river? Surely that wasn't a 9+ day walk?
    Another odd thing, the whole group is surrounded by people with automatic rifles and only Mike gets clipped slightly?

I too never pause the game to make decisions and have as such made (possible) mistakes I immediately regretted but had to live with...Sometimes it turns out I had no choice (season 1: stopping Lilly from shooting Carly or not stopping Clem in time from eating human flesh)...
    I was wondering about some choices and the alternatives if anyone can enlighten me:
    - Was Pete bit or did he just hurt his foot? Looked a dead certainty he had been bit so I saved Nick...
    - If you save Pete what happens to Matthew at the house just after the bridge?
    - What happens if you don't kill the walker that attacks Kenny from behind in the last episode?

That's it for now, I'll have to think about the whole thing now for a bit...
    Also, 400 days? Worth it?
  • Deleted user 2 September 2014 23:11:20
    I'd say so. 400 days is essentially a bunch of mini stories from characters. Some of the characters you would of seen in season 2.
  • AcidSnake 3 Sep 2014 10:09:53 8,139 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers...I really enjoy this type of game but I'm not sure I'd like The Wolf's story enough (even though I know nothing about it)...

Not too bothered about choices carrying over as I played season 1 on 360 anyway so I had to generate a random story when I began season 2 on pc...
  • Deleted user 3 September 2014 10:15:05
    If you're not sure, I'd say give it a go when it's cheap. There's a demo on the 360 and PS3.

Personally, I liked it. It's nice to see this sort game done outside the walking dead as that can be unsufferable bleak at times.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2014 15:09:15
    Just finished episode 3 there....

Man. Pretty shook after that.
  • MrSensible 10 Sep 2014 07:45:37 26,517 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Adv wrote:Let us know how you found S2 :) Will be interesting to see what you chose.

Well, I finished it last night. Telltale do it again! They never fail me, what a fantastic game this is. It wasn't QUITE up to the standards of Season One, but that's me being picky really as it was still stellar. In the end...

I went with the option to shoot Kenny. I was so hesitant though as they were both being idiots and he didn't deserve to die, really. I was in pieces... then the twist was revealed. I couldn't stay around with Jane after that, no way. I took the baby and left on my own, it seemed the right thing to do.

I'm regretting my decision with Kenny now. I never normally go back and change things in these games but I'm weighing up what to do about this one as it's so big a choice. I'll think on it... I'm still fuming now!
  • HoriZon 12 Sep 2014 10:59:33 14,238 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dunno if should change my choice, but then again whoever u safe will die in the next ep as it keeps it balanced always been that way so far.

Choose to save jane and stay with her but told the others to do one when they came knocking
  • Tuffty 5 Oct 2014 22:20:14 4,344 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished Season 2 there now

And I didn't shoot Kenny. Come on, you had doubts about Jane most of the time, she already left the group, was going to let Sarah die multiple times. I thought she was coming round in Episode 5 but when she made it seem like she killed AJ, I believed she would have done it. Looking back I can see she was trying to tell Clem not to be involved, but I was so shocked/angered at that point it went by me. Kenny was in a darker place in S2 and yes throughout the series he's been prone to go off the handle, but it's always with his family or Clementine in mind. I felt vindicated when AJ was alive after all, as it just revealed that Jane was manipulating me to side along with her. Crazy.

Just like in S1, the ending left me in a goddamn mess. Kenny more than redeemed himsel as he offered. It was a hard choice, but I couldn't leave him. S2 was about the importance of family, and Clem and Kenny both needed each other.

Having watched the other ending, I would have felt pretty annoyed if I had got that. More suspicion, more pessimissm. At least the other one is fairly uplifting.

Great game. Gameplay is still just functional for you to get through it and PS3 version continues to have weird tech issues like lines of dialogue cutting out. I felt S2 didn't seem to handle some choices as well as seen back in S1 (there's multiple cases of the same scenario playing out just with different dialogue like either waiting to let Rebecca recover or moving on), but on the whole, it was still a fantastic story worth playing through with some really tough decisions to make that rivalled anything in S1.

Edited by Tuffty at 22:21:43 05-10-2014

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.