The Walking Dead: Season Two Page 8

• THFourteen 5 Nov 2014 13:20:51 51,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just on episode 5 of season 2.

Not sure how i feel about this game anymore. I feel the actual "game" parts are irritating. I dont see the point of all the QTEs, and on the ipad at least, the bits where you have to touch the hand icon at just the right minute are hugely irritating. At times it makes you "walk around and click on stuff". Why? whats the point in that? you've walked me around and given me dialog of your own accord for 5 minutes, and suddenly you want me to spend 30 seconds clicking on stuff?

I kind of enjoy the game because of the story, and making the odd decision, but thats about it, they should just strip the "game" part of it completely.

Also after almost two seasons i think the futileness of the whole thing is starting to get to me, not sure i see the point in playing more seasons when you know essentially its all going to be pointless in the end.

But then i guess actually thats the point of the Walking dead anyway, survival, there is no solution to the problem.

Edited by THFourteen at 13:21:36 05-11-2014
  • HoriZon 5 Nov 2014 13:24:17 14,211 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Touch must be the worst way to play it though.

Game wise it's fun but it's very linear giving u choices but each one brings u back to the main path soon enough.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2014 14:48:24
    Those "touch the hand icon at just the right minute" parts are annoying also in the PC version. The first thing to ask myself when that pops up is "Where the hell on screen is the pointer right now? Ah it's there in the corner."
    Regarding the ending I am probably in the minority but I preferred Jane to Kenny. She's saved my life FFS by dragging me (Clem) out of that icy water, remember? Also she's kinda hot...Kenny has been acting weird lately...

Edited by egdir at 09:52:34 06-11-2014
  • PrivateFloyd 16 Jan 2015 16:21:45 5,187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Late to the party with this one.

Just played it through on Xbox One (disc version).

First thing out of the way, why the fuck does this run like an absolute dog on "next gen" consoles?! multiple freezes, 2 hard resets, out of sync dialogue couple of times also.

As for the story, largely enjoyed it. All seemed a bit kind of pointless in the end, but I enjoyed the journey I suppose.

Stand out moment for me bizarrely was the racoon in the museum with Mike;

"I could eat the shit out of that racoon..."
    /cue awkward glance
    "You know what I mean."

On a bit of a telltale binge and starting my virgin play through of The Wolf Among Us.

Seems good.
  • JoeBlade 6 Feb 2015 18:54:50 4,337 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just finished this after having purchased it in the Steam Xmas sale and, well, is it missing an episode or something? The ending seems extremely abrupt.

I liked it overall though I preferred Season 1. In part that's because the main gimmick has become overused IMO, i.e. "introduce new characters, let 95% them either bugger off or die before the end of the season"
    This makes it very hard to get emotionally attached to them anymore.
  • richarddavies 6 Feb 2015 19:09:48 6,632 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Just finished this after having purchased it in the Steam Xmas sale and, well, is it missing an episode or something? The ending seems extremely abrupt.

I liked it overall though I preferred Season 1. In part that's because the main gimmick has become overused IMO, i.e. "introduce new characters, let 95% them either bugger off or die before the end of the season"
    This makes it very hard to get emotionally attached to them anymore.
    Ending seems abrupt? How do you mean, it was quite long and relatively well thought out....
  • HoriZon 16 Jun 2015 18:17:05 14,211 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    No season 3 but we are getting.....

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series stars the iconic character from the comic book series haunted by her past and coping with unimaginable loss and regret. The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group... and what brought her back.

"In many ways, Michonne herself is a reflection of the world of The Walking Dead. She is brutal and cold on the outside, but deep beneath what is broken, she remains hopeful, trying to claw her way out of the darkness that surrounds her," said Kirkman. "In our effort to bring the world of the comic and the world of the Telltale series closer together, there is no greater character than Michonne to help bridge that gap."
    Out later this year.
  • HoriZon 16 Jun 2015 18:17:51 14,211 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    oh you will need season 2 episode one to play it as it is an addon.
  • Deleted user 25 February 2016 12:53:23
    Anyone played the first episode of the mini series?

It's a bit short, but as they're only making three, they're really getting into the thick of it all. Still, it was rather enjoyable for what it was.
  • ChiefGB 25 Feb 2016 13:07:26 10,287 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have a question, I got season two on ps plus back when it was free. I already had season one on 360 from years ago and am just getting around to finishing it so I can finally try season two. Are the saves supposed to connect between the two games (I.e past choices etc) as obviously that won't happen between two different formats and also is 400 days directly relevant to two?
  • Deleted user 25 February 2016 13:33:51
    Not really.

Once you start up season two, if it can't find a save for season one, it will generate a profile randomly of what happened. However, each season's choices and consequences are kept within' that season. Other then a passing comment, nothing too serious. You don't play as Lee in S2, so they can't really anyway.

400 days follows a few different people, but has only one relevant character in season two, the rest are just in the background really. Again though, if you haven't played 400 days, I don't think you'll struggle. They introduce that relevant character in both fine. 400 days just sort of acts as the persons origin's story. That's all.

Edited by MallowGamer at 13:34:49 25-02-2016
  • Ziz0u 29 Apr 2016 23:39:37 11,006 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished this. I really enjoyed it. I missed Lee who is one of my favourite video game characters of all time. Clem is great though. I got a bit emotional during the flashback.

Overall I'm not sure if I preferred it to season 1 since it's been so long, but I did enjoy it a lot. Life is Strange is still miles better imo but Telltale games are still good. It was a nice little 'freebie' thanks to PS+ when I didn't know what to play next. I'll check out Game of Thrones.

Kenny is a complete twat, but well written in my opinion. They ramped up the tension around him so well that I felt genuinely nervous whenever I had to speak to him..

I liked Mike, Jane and Luke a lot. Bonnie turned out to be another twat who's motherly ways went out the window when her crush for Luke ended prematurely.
  • Ziz0u 29 Apr 2016 23:53:03 11,006 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't believe, only 10% of players went with Jane at the end.

lee pretty much tells you to drop Kenny for the greater good, and although in a shitty way, Jane nails it home. And although Lee would have wanted Clem to drop Jane as well for pulling a fast one, she clearly had good intentions. I did however heed Lee's advice and not let the family in at the end.

Comments on other sites are full of Kenny lovin' maniacs. I watched the alternative ending and it seems Kenny makes the ultimate sacrifice in the end, but he is a psychopath at this point

Article on the front page regarding season 3 says Clem will feature. It will be nice to see her all grown up, hopefully her and Jane will be bad ass zombie slayin' sisters if my ending carries through.

Edited by Ziz0u at 00:12:19 30-04-2016
  • Humperfunk 14 Aug 2018 12:05:46 7,941 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't find any thread since this one so not sure if there is one...BUT the first episode of the final "season" is out today.

Very tempted, although thinking probably better to wait for them all to come out and then smash in one go. I fully anticipate by the end of the working day I will have purchased though.
  • H1ggyLTD 14 Aug 2018 12:11:07 12,126 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've pre-ordered, but need to finish Batman S2 first.
  • Humperfunk 14 Aug 2018 13:11:12 7,941 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As predicted, I have purchased.
  • Frogofdoom 14 Aug 2018 14:11:51 12,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only finished S3 which everyone seemed to really hate. I thought it was pretty good.

Will crack on with S4 at the weekend.
  • SolidSCB 14 Aug 2018 15:17:26 10,780 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be buying tonight, can't wait.

I didn't rate S3 at all, totally forgettable set of characters, Clem aside compared to the first two seasons. I honestly can't remember much of it at all whereas every single episode from Season 1 and the majority from Season 2 are burned vividly in my mind and probably always will be.

Hopefully they cap the entire thing off somewhere near as beautifully as they did at the end of the first season.
  • FilipeKoko 15 Aug 2018 17:16:58 7 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @FrostPan Yep, Clementine and Kenny find a baby in the car
  • H1ggyLTD 15 Aug 2018 17:39:38 12,126 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Started S4.

The opening recap was needless - as if i remember some of the choices i made six years ago.
  • H1ggyLTD 18 Aug 2018 00:07:34 12,126 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was good.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 18 Aug 2018 08:27:15 8,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah a real return to form, I hope they can keep it up.
  • richarddavies 19 Aug 2018 11:36:00 6,632 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did anyone else pre-order this on ps4 or the one?
    Been away this week but had it pre ordered on the Xbox, come back home and it has downloaded the final chapter but can't find the other games in the series (the pre order bonus) anywhere. There's just no option to download them.

Anyone else had this?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 19 Aug 2018 11:43:48 8,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @richarddavies I pre-ordered on PS4 and it automatically downloaded the previous games without any interaction from me. It downloaded them all as one separate application called the walking dead collection, rather than as individual games so maybe that's what you need to look for.
  • H1ggyLTD 19 Aug 2018 11:46:10 12,126 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not a fan of them trying to turn it into a multiple play-through affair (though i know lots of people do).

I just want to play through once, get my story, and the cheevos i'm accustomed to.
  • Frogofdoom 19 Aug 2018 14:11:25 12,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it's a collection on Xbox as well, I had the same issue.

Really enjoyed the new episode, I liked that there seemed genuine consequences in a similar way to Detroit. Felt like there were several ways it could play out which wasn't always the case in previous games.
  • richarddavies 19 Aug 2018 14:24:30 6,632 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I sorted it. went on Microsoft chat and they sent me a link where I can download it. Never had to use the chat before. S'alright.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Jan 2019 15:45:08 3,424 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was sure there was a newer thread than this where there was some Final Season discussion but this seems a better place than a new thread so...

Anyone else had any problems on any format getting access to episode 3 of TFS after buying a season pass before Telltale died. I got this on PS4 for the 'free' collection and elisode two showed uo fine but I cannot see epiaode 3 from my console and looking at the store page, despite the game descriptions specifcally stating that 3 episodes are available now, it only lists the demo and episode 2 as DLC. Episode 3 can be found by Googling on the PSN store as a standalone but it only has a wishlist button and no download or buy option.

I contacted Sony support and they said thay had to forward it to someone else within Sony so playing the waiting game for now... Is this a problem on other formats? Has anyone managed to get ep 3 on PS4? Googling hasn't managed to find me anyone else complaining ablut this (search terms just keep bringing up the reannouncmemt of eps 3 and 4...). I know Sony are notoriously crap at helping out with issues so not got a lot of faith in them. And yes, I rechecekd my licenses on my PS4...
  • H1ggyLTD 29 Jan 2019 18:13:13 12,126 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've downloaded and am playing through Ep3 on Xbox, having bought at the same time as you.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.