The Walking Dead: Season Two Page 9

Next Last
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Jan 2019 19:55:15 3,424 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I've downloaded and am playing through Ep3 on Xbox, having bought at the same time as you.
    So just Sony then, no surprises there ;). I will give them a few more days then get back onto support I suppose.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Feb 2019 08:03:08 12,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Re: S4 EP3

Great party scene, followed by a powerful scene.

Edited by H1ggyLTD at 08:07:38 12-02-2019
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 12 Feb 2019 10:32:51 3,424 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I figured out my issue (forgot to actually try doing it within the game, duh).

I enjoyed Ep 3, had some interesting stuff and a few difficult choices in there.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Mar 2019 09:41:53 8,507 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So... how are we all feeling about the end?

I was utterly convinced that Clementine would die, and I thought I would feel robbed if she didn't, but ultimately I found myself quite happy with how it wrapped up.

I felt bad that my Violet died because I didn't want AJ turning into a stone cold killer, which the game turned into 'you don't trust AJ', but watching the choices at the end it was either her or Louis. I think knowing that I would rather have saved Violet, but cest la vie.

This season was a real return to form I thought, I didn't feel massively invested in the last couple after a really strong start all those years ago.
  • THFourteen 27 Mar 2019 11:14:18 51,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oooh itís finished. Must put this on my list, probably switch purchase I think.
  • d_h1234 27 Mar 2019 14:58:02 121 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    So... how are we all feeling about the end?
    After seeing AJ run up to the camera raising an axe and cutting to black, I was 99% sure that Clem would have her leg cut off and survive. Especially as the cutscenes started, and no one outright said anything like "If only Clementine was still alive." or something.

All in all I was happy with the ending, but similarly disappointed the writers felt the need to kill off a couple more characters just because. It's a pretty ridiculous thing to not be able to talk to AJ and say "killing zombies is ok, do that without hesitation if your friends are in danger; but don't start Judge Dredd-ing people for whatever the hell you think they've done." That's an important distinction that needed to be explained, I guess.

Oh and in episode 3 when I decided to torture the shit out of that scumbag raider guy. I was annoyed that I couldn't tell AJ to get out because I didn't want him to see this, and lo and behold in episode 4 he complains "YOU TORTURED A GUY! YOU BURNED HIM WITH A CIGARETTE!!! YOU'RE A MONSTER!". Ugh.

A lot of the times I felt so god damn tired taking care of so many fucking people, especially AJ. I really started to resent the bastard, because he just kept complaining about everything I was doing or not doing. So many times I wanted to click the "Ok, go your own way then you little shit, good luck being a psychotic murderer!".

I think an inherent problem with the zombie story is that they're just so damn depressing; there's no way out, no cure, it's just try to survive. Any nice place, home, safe zone, whatever will inevitably become overrun with zombies or 'raiders' or whomever. This has happened so many times in the games thus far, every time you think you've gotten somewhere you can take a breath it all goes tits up and you have to move on again.

I wonder if Guardians of the Galaxy is more upbeat.
  • THFourteen 27 Mar 2019 16:39:28 51,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    d_h1234 wrote:
    I think an inherent problem with the zombie story is that they're just so damn depressing; there's no way out, no cure, it's just try to survive. Any nice place, home, safe zone, whatever will inevitably become overrun with zombies or 'raiders' or whomever.
    I have the same problem with the TV series. Although inevitably it all falls apart due to someone's stupidity.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Mar 2019 17:11:53 8,507 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No game is more depressing than the TT Game of Thrones game. Every decision you could make in that series ended up being wrong in some way.
  • H1ggyLTD 28 Mar 2019 22:40:51 12,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    This season was a real return to form I thought, I didn't feel massively invested in the last couple after a really strong start all those years ago.
    I think season 2 was underrated.

Just finished 4. Not sure what i think yet.
  • Frogofdoom 28 Mar 2019 22:43:22 12,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh accurately portrays life then :D
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.