The Walking Dead: Season Two Page 2

• Syrette 18 Dec 2013 21:51:34 50,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So much slowdown...
  • Deleted user 18 December 2013 22:32:52
    Which version you playing? It's the same engine etc.
  • MatMan562 18 Dec 2013 23:06:21 3,467 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not sure what to do about this game. On the one hand I absolutely loved the first series which I played on 360 and am eager to start the second, but on the other I'd prefer to play it on PS4 where it should run better and, if there is a series 3, will definitely let me carry my saves over.

What to do...? :confused:
  • imamazed 18 Dec 2013 23:20:28 6,389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not 100% sure it will run any better tbh! I was in the same situation as you actually and earlier plumped for 360 (admittedly I already had credit with ms). I doubt the benefit will be considerable next gen, plus, y'know, save games continuing.

Slightly miffed it's 3.99 on xbl. It used to be 400 points - which worked out at like 3 or cheaper if you got a good deal on points. Puts it level with other formats I suppose.
  • imamazed 18 Dec 2013 23:21:31 6,389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Having said that, new episode is amazing and, like episodes before it, well worth the money at full price
  • Roddy100 18 Dec 2013 23:42:50 1,005 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why on earth is this not available on the New Zealand PlayStation Store?!

The entire first season is there. AND 400 Days. AND The Wolf Among Us.

Confused and mildly annoyed.
  • Syrette 18 Dec 2013 23:59:12 50,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Anyway, just finished.

I saved Pete. I'm an idiot though and I couldn't help myself but look on YouTube as to what saving Nick would entail. Shouldn't do that as it spoils the organic feel of the experience.

Really intrigued to see who the "I thought you were dead" character is in the next episode.
  • joeymoto108 19 Dec 2013 02:28:00 686 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, had the time to play this tonight. To be honest, I'm not particularly impressed. None of the new characters seem very interesting, nothing really happened all episode and the ending felt rushed. I suppose this episode is all about the exposition but it could have been a bit more exciting.

Also, I'm getting pissed off at the number of times in this series that a character checks a supposedly dead body and *gasp* it lunges at said character because its actually a zombie. Stop doing that Telltale!
  • damagedinc 19 Dec 2013 04:14:18 2,672 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I deleted my episode one game from the ipad a while back. Does this mean i have lost my save file to carry over?
  • MrSensible 19 Dec 2013 07:52:33 26,517 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure if I should buy this or wait for the whole lot to come out. I loved blitzing my way through the last one.

Dilemmas!
  • askew 19 Dec 2013 08:52:03 18,797 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    I deleted my episode one game from the ipad a while back. Does this mean i have lost my save file to carry over?
    Yes. I was bemoaning this too: surely the ideal use of Game Center or iCloud!
  • HoriZon 19 Dec 2013 23:46:59 14,211 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Great to have it back not so great have to wait now!

Save import on X360 went OK too.

Went for Nick he's a shit but the old man was doomed anyway!

As for "I thought you were dead" character on the next part, it wont be Christa too easy - come on Kenny!!!!!!! Also where is the baby????

Love the end credits song.

Edited by HoriZon at 23:53:30 19-12-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 20 Dec 2013 08:15:09 5,812 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seeing as each episode is 4, it is a bit of a no brainier to buy the season pass for 16 thus you are essentially getting one episode for nothing so, this is what I chose to do!

... I want to get through 400 Days first and if the first three stories are anything to go by, it shall only take me another thirty minutes to finish the last two. I can't say they were particularly memorable though other than warming you up for season two.

Oh, the Russell chap wasn't too bad; felt like there are multi-choices with his story.

Looking forward to playing this this weekend.

: )
  • Tuffty 20 Dec 2013 23:44:35 4,314 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great episode, good to have it back again. If you notice though I think the Season Pass says something about it lasting for content until Fall 2014. Could be a while yet until we see this whole season pan out. I mean, look at The Wolf Among Us...

I saved Nick. Older guy was nicer but he was never gonna make it.

I think people are reaching too far with Kenny, as much as I want him to be alive. I think it will be Lily.
  • CharlieStCloud 21 Dec 2013 15:05:09 5,812 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The opening ten minutes is the best thing about the first episode as it pulls no punches.

I'd better spoil this next part:

I was nice to everyone throughout the ordeal, even if some of them were unkind towards Clementine; I happily fed the dog (yet no sooner killed it), accepted Nick's apology and gave the water to the dying man.

Oh, goodness me ... I don't know about you folks, but I felt nauseous when you had to stitch up Clementine's wound. I am glad I was able to avert my attention elsewhere for a momentary period of time.

Although Pete was 'doomed', I still ran into his direction instead. I guess we shall be saying hello to Mr. Hacksaw again in the next episode!

Not a bad start at all.
  • Humperfunk 21 Dec 2013 15:43:57 7,941 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Oh, goodness me ... I don't know about you folks, but I felt nauseous when you had to stitch up Clementine's wound. I am glad I was able to avert my attention elsewhere for a momentary period of time.
    Certainly not just you, I really struggled throughout that whole bit, really was hard to get through!

The section with the dog too - I was really happy when I thought I would have a canine companion for the rest of the season, and was expecting it to be the Shadow of the Colossus style tear jerker at the end when he ultimately perishes, just for the rug to be pulled out from under me within five minutes. Brilliantly done.

Thought overall it was superb and very much looking forward to the next episode.

Edited by Humperfunk at 15:44:24 21-12-2013
  • Syrette 21 Dec 2013 15:50:24 50,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Certainly not just you, I really struggled throughout that whole bit, really was hard to get through!

The section with the dog too - I was really happy when I thought I would have a canine companion for the rest of the season, and was expecting it to be the Shadow of the Colossus style tear jerker at the end when he ultimately perishes, just for the rug to be pulled out from under me within five minutes. Brilliantly done.

Thought overall it was superb and very much looking forward to the next episode.
    Agreed with all of this.

The dog turning on Clem genuinely shocked me. The stitching was disgusting and made worse by the fact that it's a 11 year old girl doing it to herself.

I actually think having Clem be the protagonist has worked supremely well.
  • imamazed 21 Dec 2013 16:33:29 6,389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The thing I think none of you appreciate is:

Dogs are cunts. I was glad to kill the bastard.
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Jan 2014 19:50:36 5,875 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having immensely enjoyed playing through season 1 on my Vita, whats the latest with Season 2 coming to it?.

its on the PS3, 360...even iOS!, wheres the Vita version at????
  • Tuffty 4 Mar 2014 20:36:44 4,314 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Episode 2 comes out as early as tomorrow. European PS3 version to be announced.

There's reason to be excited about it too, IGN's review claims it's one of the best episode of the series.

Edited by Tuffty at 20:37:12 04-03-2014
  • TheSaint 4 Mar 2014 21:18:12 18,464 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a steam midweek deal as well.
  • Syrette 4 Mar 2014 22:40:17 50,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Can't wait.

Actually prefer The Wolf Among Us so far, with that said.
  • Syrette 4 Mar 2014 22:43:56 50,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    There's reason to be excited about it too, IGN's review claims it's one of the best episode of the series.
    Woah!

I'm actually a bit nervous after reading that. I really struggle with the decisions in The Walking Dead. Which is testament to the emotional pull they have on the player.
  • SolidSCB 5 Mar 2014 18:04:21 10,780 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, when should us European PS3 users be seeing this pop up on the store? The TBA stuff has got me a bit worried. If previous form is anything to go by, we should be seeing this today, right?

Right!?
  • Tuffty 5 Mar 2014 21:45:03 4,314 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This episode had some really great moments in it, a lot of difficult choices to make. I wouldn't exactly go out of my way and say it's one of the best ever, but it did more than enough to hold my interest for the full 2 hrs, which is more than what Episode 1 did at least. What's interesting about this episode, without having me delve into it in any great detail, is that there seems to be a lot of ways certain scenes will play out and could have a lot of different impacts on the story. So to that end, I'm really interested to either replay it with different choices or to at least see or read how much people's stories vary, if any, based on the choices they make.

So another 2 and a bit months until the next episode then?

* MAJOR EPISODE 2 SPOILERS*

Won't lie, got a little emotional at seeing Kenny again. Even more so as Clem took the blame for Lee's death.

Edited by Tuffty at 21:45:46 05-03-2014
  • Syrette 6 Mar 2014 21:29:44 50,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well that was depressing.

Nice length this, not too long but not over as overly quickly as the latest Wolf Among Us ep.
  • BryanAKADJ 7 Mar 2014 01:38:30 284 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whhhhyyyyyyyy.

I can't even launch this game anymore, I did all the options Steam gave me, including deleting and re-downloading it twice!! All I keep getting is this:

Edit: Got it working now!

Edited by BryanAKADJ at 03:29:48 07-03-2014
  • HoriZon 7 Mar 2014 15:08:42 14,211 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Michael fucking Madsen that is all lol :)

Enjoyed that felt a bit flat the ending minds.

Edited by HoriZon at 15:09:21 07-03-2014

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.