Match.com and Online Dating v2 Page 702

• mrpon 13 Sep 2018 16:14:58 34,621 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    "And she waits until now to say she is transsexual and well hung"
  • AddieB 13 Sep 2018 16:16:07 559 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Tell her you like the game Ms Splosion man just as you pull out over her tits.
  • RyanDS 13 Sep 2018 16:16:20 12,004 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    So you get to explore some new food choices and get a designated driver.

Sounds good to me.
    I like beer. Especially on a date when I am nervous. :-(
    Sorry I missed the bit where you couldn't drink.
    Etiquette innit. I will have one beer, maybe 2, but it feels rude otherwise. Mind you, one of my pictures is me at Oktoberfest holding 7 steins of beer so she can't be anti drinking in others.

It's more in general. I am a typical south African when it comes to diet. Red meat, bbqs and beer are my staples.

I just don't get how such defining traits can be left out of profiles, I tend to think to more you know about the person getting into the date the better. Honestly there are things that mean I could never seriously date someone. If they are very religious, voted Brexit, have short hair etc. (Hey, my kink is long dark hair, sue me.) Best to know these things up front that waste an awkward date where 10 seconds in you both know it is not going anywhere.

Saying that both the vegan and the tee total thing don't bother me, but I WILL be eating meat and drinking on a regular basis, and if she is looking for something more than fun and see me again that will happen.

(I mean that in my daily life I will do those things, I am not the sort of dick who would eat meat on a date.)
  • dominalien 13 Sep 2018 16:16:57 8,784 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JanetSnakehole wrote:
    Order a rare steak and make lots of amusing jokes about it. She'll like that.
    Like make a slice through the middle, spread it (with his fingers for added effect) and ask her what it reminds her of?
  • SnackPlissken 13 Sep 2018 16:18:39 325 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @RyanDS That's why you go through about 30 dates before you find someone you like. That's dating bro.
  • RyanDS 13 Sep 2018 16:18:55 12,004 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyway, was just a random rant. She may turn out to be lovely, and she is not looking for anything serious. So still have hopes for tonight.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2018 16:19:22 9,197 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    @RyanDS That's why you go through about 30 dates before you find someone you like. That's dating bro.
    No, that's called being a serial killer. Bro.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 16:19:34 13-09-2018
  • RyanDS 13 Sep 2018 16:21:01 12,004 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    One of the good things about tinder is you can whittle 25 of those dates away before you even meet. "I love Jesus and go to church, and I am so glad he saw fir to bless America with President Trump" "Sorry, I am atheist and find religion off putting. I wish you the best of luck but I don't think we will match."
  • dominalien 13 Sep 2018 16:21:50 8,784 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @JamboWayOh

I knew I should have quoted you before!
  • JanetSnakehole 13 Sep 2018 16:23:51 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    "I am atheist and find religion off putting. I wish you the best of luck but I don't think we will match."

SpaceMonkey?
  • Load_2.0 13 Sep 2018 16:26:54 27,698 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Anyway, was just a random rant. She may turn out to be lovely, and she is not looking for anything serious. So still have hopes for tonight.
    You are going to have sex with a stranger completely sober. In the current climate It's important you keep a cool head and articulate every action.

"I am preparing to enter you, please acknowledge your consent"

"I would like to twist you nipple. Is this agreeable?"

Etc.
  • RyanDS 13 Sep 2018 16:27:24 12,004 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JanetSnakehole wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    "I am atheist and find religion off putting. I wish you the best of luck but I don't think we will match."

SpaceMonkey?
    Oh no, my date with him was amazing & awesome. Much love.
  • dominalien 13 Sep 2018 16:27:45 8,784 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Edit: @Load

This, but all in writing.

Edited by dominalien at 16:28:08 13-09-2018

Edited by dominalien at 16:28:19 13-09-2018
  • SnackPlissken 13 Sep 2018 16:27:54 325 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @RyanDS In some ways yes. People are completely different in person. I had many disappointing dates where the person I met was completely different.. one where she told me she was a marathon runner, also into hockey, and then when I was in the bar I was looking around, and this larger lady pops up. It was one of those where she had older pictures on her profile. Not that I'm a shallow bastard, but it did make me feel like she was being a bit dishonest.. plus she ordered a massive plate of chips and scoffed them in front of me lol.

Anyway found my current girlfriend online dating. So good luck. All a numbers game.
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Sep 2018 17:05:27 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    A Brazilian vegan? This sounds beyond unlikely, I think you're going to get bummed
  • quadfather 13 Sep 2018 18:26:50 32,883 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha

Fun replies :)

Hey man, think yourself lucky - I get absolute psychos that could give Mussolini a run for his money.

She might be top human and it all goes fantastic.

/Headboard on standby
  • HairyArse 13 Sep 2018 18:54:09 1,146 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    People can be vegan and tee-total without forcing it on other people. Maybe she doesn’t give a shit what you put in your mouth? \cumberland
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Sep 2018 19:00:55 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Don't listen to Hairy, he's a handsome Chad. You should definitely assume the worst
  • mrpon 13 Sep 2018 19:05:03 34,621 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wurst.

C'mon PES, standards are slipping.
  • HairyArse 13 Sep 2018 19:06:14 1,146 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    WHO IS CHAD?
  • AaronTurner 13 Sep 2018 19:15:32 9,927 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    You are going to have sex with a stranger completely sober. In the current climate It's important you keep a cool head and articulate every action.

"I am preparing to enter you, please acknowledge your consent"

"I would like to twist you nipple. Is this agreeable?"

Etc.
  • AaronTurner 13 Sep 2018 19:16:12 9,927 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Weird. My post doesn't show up.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 13 Sep 2018 19:18:43 68 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Fwiw, I found out on my first date with my wife that she's a veggie. I found out a bit later that she hardly ever drunk. Obviously it didn't get in the way of me proposing to her even though my ideal world have been a carnivorous alcoholic.

I quit drinking a few years ago myself but I'm still eating steaks and doing barbecues. I'm getting nifty at making quorn taste (almost) edible too.

Tldr See what she's like and how it goes. You never know where it might lead.
  • RyanDS 13 Sep 2018 22:58:07 12,004 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She was lovely. But also everything I hate dating at 40. (Well I am 39)

Used to be wild but has calmed down the last couple of years.

I was married and got divorced a couple of years back. I am living life, backpacking, partying and want someone to come with me to random places, backpack, try new experiences. Every one I meet is the opposite.

This is when o am experimenting, trying drugs for first time, doing new things.
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Sep 2018 23:03:34 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Backpacking? You'll do a hip at your age
  • RyanDS 13 Sep 2018 23:20:56 12,004 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Backpacking? You'll do a hip at your age
    You joke. But that is the genuine impression I get from most dates. No one wants the mosh pit anymore. Everyone is so sensible.

Trying to find a person with shared interests is nigh on impossible.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Sep 2018 23:25:51 15,865 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You best off looking for someone with daddy issues. You'll struggle to find some who isn't completely strung out that wants to do that shit at your age. I can manage one major blowout every six weeks or so and I feel like I want to die for about a week afterwards.
  • Jono62 13 Sep 2018 23:27:11 20,707 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RyanDS Do what Zizou did and go out with a mates 18 year old sister. They'll go backpacking for sure.
  • AaronTurner 13 Sep 2018 23:30:43 9,927 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    She was lovely. But also everything I hate dating at 40. (Well I am 39)

Used to be wild but has calmed down the last couple of years.

I was married and got divorced a couple of years back. I am living life, backpacking, partying and want someone to come with me to random places, backpack, try new experiences. Every one I meet is the opposite.

This is when o am experimenting, trying drugs for first time, doing new things.
    The reason why no one your age is wanting to do that stuff is because they've already done it. Perhaps you're after someone like Keith Richards?
  • Bichii 13 Sep 2018 23:56:49 709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah expecting that at 40 you are very limiting your options. Most people at 40 want to chill out and do fun stuff every now and again. You need to date a woman about 15 years younger than you but then you'd moan that she was too annoying and liked modern pop music.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.