Match.com and Online Dating v2 Page 704

• Trafford 14 Sep 2018 13:21:25 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post divorce I spent my early 40s living it up, traveling, womanising and generaly enjoying the city I had been a suburbanite in for the previous 15 years.
    I'm now 46 and had some sort of breakdown. Living on Morecambe seafront in my mother's basement and attending AA meetings every night.
    It's not all bad though I'm doing a lot of cycling during the day and have a conjugal visit from my girlfriend this weekend.
  • FuzzyDucky 14 Sep 2018 13:22:13 3,378 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    I look back on my 20s and honestly wonder whether I really enjoyed it all then
    Sounds like you couldn't afford lubricant.
  • Dougs 14 Sep 2018 13:32:52 86,475 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Good luck Traff.
  • Psiloc 14 Sep 2018 13:45:12 4,767 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:
    I look back on my 20s and honestly wonder whether I really enjoyed it all then
    Sounds like you couldn't afford lubricant.
    There was a credit crunch on
  • Trafford 14 Sep 2018 13:48:40 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks Dougs, having a bit of time to evaluate the crossroads in life is a good thing.
  • HairyArse 14 Sep 2018 13:59:48 1,145 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    You need to date a woman about 15 years younger than you but then you'd moan that she was too annoying and liked modern pop music.
    I got sacked off by a girl because she said we had different tastes in music.

This was bullshit. Partly because I had actual *taste* in music whereas she liked Ed Sheerhan and Jessie Ware whoever the fuck she is. But also because that's a bullshit reason to sack someone off.

:D
  • Vortex808 14 Sep 2018 14:05:45 12,602 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Good luck Traff.
    This. All the best man.
  • wuntyphyve 14 Sep 2018 14:11:26 10,719 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Ha, yes. That's a pretty poor reason. My wife and I have polar opposite interests in music. One of many things in fact that we don't agree on at all.

Erm. Not sure what we actually do have in common. Not much. But there you go. Relationships work different to how you expect sometimes.
  • Tomo 14 Sep 2018 14:14:16 16,082 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    You need to date a woman about 15 years younger than you but then you'd moan that she was too annoying and liked modern pop music.

*snip*

But also because that's a bullshit reason to sack someone off.

Classic gentle letdown tactics.
  • Vortex808 14 Sep 2018 14:16:12 12,602 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:

*snip*

Do you think a back, sack 'n' crack could've saved the day? ;-)
  • quadfather 14 Sep 2018 14:37:24 32,878 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Good luck Traff.
    This. All the best man.
    Thirded
  • HairyArse 14 Sep 2018 14:44:27 1,145 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Totally. Shame, too, as she was easily the best of the girls I've dated since becoming single.
  • mrpon 14 Sep 2018 17:22:58 34,616 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    Bichii wrote:

*snip*

Vasectomy was a tad hasty!
  • FuzzyDucky 14 Sep 2018 17:49:06 3,378 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Bichii wrote:

This was bullshit. Partly because I had actual *taste* in music whereas she liked Ed Sheerhan and Jessie Ware whoever the fuck she is. But also because that's a bullshit reason to sack someone off.

:D
    Honestly Hairy, I'll go out on a date with ya, people that are into Ed Sheeran etc. are clearly mentally deficient and you deserve way better.
  • RyanDS 15 Sep 2018 23:19:59 12,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that is (fake) egg on my face.

Vegan girl messaged me how much she liked first date and invited me for lunch today. I went on my motorbike and had first ever sober date. Like genuinely a whole afternoon just lunch, coffee and a long walk. To my utmost surprise is had great fun Who knew you could have a date sober?

Wish I was joking in that every date I ever had was involving beer but serious. I actually had great fun and meeting again next week.

Who knows. Life may be not as shit as I thought.

Edited by RyanDS at 23:21:33 15-09-2018
  • askew 15 Sep 2018 23:26:20 17,342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hooray
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2018 23:30:42 15,834 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fuck. We're going to have to watch him grow out of this midlife crisis aren't we. I guarantee in 6 weeks time he'll be trying to force quinoa recipes on us.
  • dominalien 15 Sep 2018 23:31:35 8,781 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Insanity.
  • RyanDS 15 Sep 2018 23:32:43 12,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Fuck. We're going to have to watch him grow out of this midlife crisis aren't we. I guarantee in 6 weeks time he'll be trying to force quinoa recipes on us.
  • RyanDS 15 Sep 2018 23:36:16 12,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Genuine lol on that. But fuck I would ever give up biltong
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2018 23:42:42 15,834 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Genuine lol on that. But fuck I would ever give up biltong
    There you go. I put a little arrow thing at the end to hide the shame of editing. That's why your reply doesn't show up. I'll be honest I'm so bad at spelling guarantee the auto correct on my phone has just went "fuck it, I'll just spell it like you write. Show all these fuckers what I'm dealing with here". But I digress, good luck and gods speed, meeting someone who isn't a fucking drugged up bum like yourself is a hell of a drug, I'm getting married to mine next year.
  • Vortex808 15 Sep 2018 23:42:49 12,602 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    😆 Glad all went well!
  • fontgeeksogood 15 Sep 2018 23:48:26 2,164 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I can't believe notorious wild child Decks is going to settle down
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2018 23:50:22 15,834 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was literally like Liv Tyler out of those old Aerosmith videos.
  • fontgeeksogood 15 Sep 2018 23:52:01 2,164 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    See that's another one for that "wow, that was fucked up wasn't it" threads
  • dominalien 15 Sep 2018 23:58:04 8,781 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, Alicia Silverstone was the really hot one, you can really tell Liv Tyler was there just because she's the daughter of the dude.
  • solidsneek 16 Sep 2018 00:18:14 762 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So got back on tinder today had some luck on there before couple of girls that I could of moved on with but wasn’t in the right headspace. See how it goes! Can’t get on with POF at all and don’t know any other sites really that work well.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 16 Sep 2018 07:18:33 67 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    @solidsneek I assume you tried match, it worked for me (admittedly as I was about to give up on it). Or meetup just to take a break from dating and just see people.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 16 Sep 2018 07:28:21 67 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Congrats Ryan. I've got some good qourn recipes for when you need them ;)

Sober dates were new to me too. My wife to be had a coffee on our first date and I had a cider...or two. I've learnt that cafés really aren't as terrible as I always thought they were since then. Who knew? I've also found meeting someone different opened my eyes to new vhings which turned out to be good.

End of the day though, it's how nice the person is that matters and not what they eat and drink. I do miss going to steak houses though. She'd go, but seems a bit off when all she could eat is the garish :)

Glad things went welll.
  • GoatApocalypse 16 Sep 2018 07:38:17 4,371 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Well that is (fake) egg on my face.

Vegan girl messaged me how much she liked first date and invited me for lunch today. I went on my motorbike and had first ever sober date. Like genuinely a whole afternoon just lunch, coffee and a long walk. To my utmost surprise is had great fun Who knew you could have a date sober?

Wish I was joking in that every date I ever had was involving beer but serious. I actually had great fun and meeting again next week.

Who knows. Life may be not as shit as I thought.
    FYI, straight edgers know how to fuck.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.