Following Match.com and Online Dating v2 Page 730

  • JamboWayOh 26 Jan 2020 18:13:36 20,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I guess you'll never know you're ready unless you have a go so to speak. Good luck though man.
  • Graxlar_v3 26 Jan 2020 18:21:31 10,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    mangojoe wrote:
    OK guys, wonder if you can help. Been on Match. Com a couple of weeks, got a match, set up a date and also exchanged numbers. A few WhatsApp texts here and there.

    What has puzzled me is last night she came up on my Facebook friend suggestions?? We have no friends in common, we live in completely different areas and I'm pretty sure my number is blocked on facebook for any phone number search. All she is likely to know is my first name and area I live🤷‍♂️.

    I know Facebook suggestions can come up if someone has viewed your profile but I don't get how she would. There's a lot of Joe's in my area.
    Is this another creepy Facebook algorithm?
    I think Facebook mines your contact list. So if her number is there it offers the match.
    its almost as if Facebook own WhatsApp or something

    Should have read the previous page more, PES already said it.

    Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 18:22:35 26-01-2020
  • mangojoe 26 Jan 2020 18:21:58 2,478 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Well I guess you'll never know you're ready unless you have a go so to speak. Good luck though man.
    Cheers mate. Yeah I guess you're right there. Opted for one them crazy golf places called Swingers in London . I just hope I've booked the right thing!
  • JamboWayOh 26 Jan 2020 18:33:58 20,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mangojoe wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Well I guess you'll never know you're ready unless you have a go so to speak. Good luck though man.
    Cheers mate. Yeah I guess you're right there. Opted for one them crazy golf places called Swingers in London . I just hope I've booked the right thing!
    Gay sauna here you come.
  • Jono62 26 Jan 2020 19:45:01 25,378 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @mangojoe You should have booked Chariots in Streatham
  • JamboWayOh 26 Jan 2020 19:56:08 20,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    @mangojoe You should have booked Chariots in Streatham
    Hahahaha I was actually thinking of that particular location.
  • Salaman 28 Jan 2020 11:20:06 23,838 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    mangojoe wrote:
    OK guys, wonder if you can help. Been on Match. Com a couple of weeks, got a match, set up a date and also exchanged numbers. A few WhatsApp texts here and there.

    What has puzzled me is last night she came up on my Facebook friend suggestions?? We have no friends in common, we live in completely different areas and I'm pretty sure my number is blocked on facebook for any phone number search. All she is likely to know is my first name and area I live🤷‍♂️.

    I know Facebook suggestions can come up if someone has viewed your profile but I don't get how she would. There's a lot of Joe's in my area.
    Is this another creepy Facebook algorithm?
    It gives really weird suggestions sometimes. I once had Maxima, the queen of the Netherlands pop up as "people you may know".
    Come again!?

    I ignore it but there seems to be no shortage of idiots that see a "Friends you may know" and then hit 'friend request'.
  • sport 28 Jan 2020 11:24:25 16,120 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Have you traced your bloodline, Sal?
  • SnackPlissken 28 Jan 2020 13:26:08 1,960 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've had deleted dates come up on messenger. Just a bit creepy.
  • Salaman 28 Jan 2020 15:36:21 23,838 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Have you traced your bloodline, Sal?
    Nah. I wrote it off to Facebook being weird with it's 'people you may know' suggestions. :-)
  • sport 14 Feb 2020 09:42:57 16,120 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Today's the day! Get your game on lads, "they" have their guard down!
  • Load_2.0 14 Feb 2020 09:48:36 31,893 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Now who holds the cards? Yeah. Game on.

    Gonna get so much crying women action tonight. Gonna be siiiiiiick.
  • TechnoHippy 14 Feb 2020 09:51:47 17,516 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Dating.com can be a bit pricey apparently - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51463153
  • johnnyrocketfingers 14 Feb 2020 10:00:48 300 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Fourth(?) date netflix at my house. "No serious funny dirty moves, okay?" Okay. :x

    I've had deleted dates come up on messenger. Just a bit creepy.
    They haven't turned on phone privacy so they are discovered if people have their phone number linked. And of course with all the weird app connections, even if you've deleted the number the app will keep it for years.

    Edited by johnnyrocketfingers at 10:03:39 14-02-2020
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 10:07:30 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was chatting to a woman on tinder yesterday. No bio on her part so I just asked her what 3 random things she likes.

    Travelling.
    Walking.
    Camping.

    So I followed up with my 3 which is making music, gigs, fun times.

    Followed up by "well, I guess that's that then"

    There's hardly any effort online. Everyone is just too materialistic and/or have the most unrealistic expectations.
  • sport 14 Feb 2020 10:22:41 16,120 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    She sounded to down to earth for that madlad quaddy.
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 10:29:23 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was like wrestling a glacier getting anything out of her

    Thinking about it, I might go out tonight into town. If people are out, theoretically they might be single.
  • JamboWayOh 14 Feb 2020 10:31:53 20,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quaddy on tour!
  • Vortex808 14 Feb 2020 10:36:43 13,867 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Quaddy on tour!
    Ladies, get padding for your headboards! 😃
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 10:40:55 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hey, I'm not a monster
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 10:41:23 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just makes it a bit easier to identify / less time wasted
  • JamboWayOh 14 Feb 2020 10:43:11 20,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Just makes it a bit easier to identify / less time wasted
    RoboQuad
  • X201 14 Feb 2020 10:48:54 20,702 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

    There's hardly any effort online. Everyone is just too materialistic and/or have the most unrealistic expectations.
    Or only want a jigsaw piece to fit into their perfect life.


    It's good for people watching though...

    Saw a profile the other day that said "I'm looking for an equal, someone who will share the load because I don't like spongers" then at the end of her profile... "You'll have to send me a message, because I haven't got 'Meet Me', I'm not paying to be on here".

    :D
  • Bichii 14 Feb 2020 10:49:48 3,178 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did she maybe take fun times to mean you are a slut looking for some easy sex off tinder? How could someone not like music and gigs?
  • sport 14 Feb 2020 10:53:57 16,120 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I love music but hate gigs. Crowds annoy the everliving fuck out of me.
  • Bichii 14 Feb 2020 10:57:03 3,178 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fair point. I hate it when it's too busy. I was at a gig the other day and tall people kept just stopping in front of me when I thought they were just passing.
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 11:01:47 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Did she maybe take fun times to mean you are a slut looking for some easy sex off tinder? How could someone not like music and gigs?
    Possibly. But this is one of my points - if it doesn't fit exactly into their life (however they've taken the wording) then it's a no. There's zero flexibility with a lot of them. Far too rigid. Humans aren't like that. Hence the unrealistic.

    I say things like I do because it cuts through the crap straight away and gets down to it. Ruthless maybe, but if people can't take honesty, then I'd rather know in advance so we're not just wasting each others time.
  • Bichii 14 Feb 2020 11:06:39 3,178 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah it's best to be open from the off so they know what they're getting.

    "I'm quadfather, it's because I have a four pack and kids. I love music, gigs and falling off cliffs in video games."
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 11:17:06 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Yeah it's best to be open from the off so they know what they're getting.

    "I'm quadfather, it's because I have a four pack and kids. I love music, gigs and falling off cliffs in video games."
    Exactly, and it has to be right on both sides.

    Apart from the kids bit, you're spot on :)
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2020 11:17:38 36,741 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And here's a perfect example of a bio that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole -

    Ok photos added, still not sure about this as yet. But here goes, Iím a fun loving gal whoís looking for someone whoís not controlling or has insecurities, I need someone in my life who can make me smile and for me to breath. someone who knows what they want out of life, Iím a very fussy person when it comes to men, Iím not getting any younger so you have to be right. If we match then please come say hello donít just sit there waiting for me to say hello as itíll never happen.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.