Who do you chase after a car accident (not at fault) Page 2

Next Last
  • You-can-call-me-kal 1 Feb 2019 07:08:37 16,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    So if your premium is over £2k, it's a no brainer
    Not entirely sure, but I think also if your insurance gets invalidated by not having those other things, itís unlimited fine and points/prison.
  • fontgeeksogood 1 Feb 2019 07:14:22 6,519 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    But that's a white collar prison, not a fuck-me-in-the-ass prison
  • AaronTurner 1 Feb 2019 07:39:28 11,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I phoned both my insurance and the insurance of the guy who crashed into me. Then I basically just kept in touch with his insurance until it was sorted.

Edited by AaronTurner at 07:39:47 01-02-2019
  • You-can-call-me-kal 1 Feb 2019 07:41:28 16,324 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    But that's a white collar prison, not a fuck-me-in-the-ass prison
    Assuming the person without insurance is white yes.
  • Dougs 1 Feb 2019 11:25:36 89,892 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Discovered this week that my 80 year old mum has been driving without an MOT since October. She forgot to book it in when her garage reminded her. I guess this is how it begins, she used to be so on top of all this shit.
  • Pierre2k 1 Feb 2019 12:55:13 1,130 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Regarding charges for driving without an MOT, I unfortunately feel foul of this about 6 years ago. Genuine error, rather than a deliberate act.

Was driving my wife's car back from Glasgow city centre when the lights came on behind me. Had seat belts on, kids were buckled up, not speeding, no erratic manoeuvres. I was thinking "wtf am I being pulled for"? Turns out my wife had had the MOT done a month earlier than usual the previous year which changed when the following one was due. We actually had it booked for an MOT a week later, oblivious to the issue.

Anyway, got a £100 on the spot fine. No idea if that's typical or not, but obviously no where near the £1000 territory.
  • Dougs 1 Feb 2019 15:37:31 89,892 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Useful to know, ta. She's laid up at the moment anyway and can't drive it. It was meant to be done today but their network went down and they cancelled. Will make sure she doesn't drive again until it's done...
  • BurnoutJunkie 1 Feb 2019 15:59:31 1,124 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    elstoof wrote:You will however have an increased premium next year simply because you've been in an accident, even though its not your fault.
    This isnít always the case. I was told the same by friends when my car got hit a few years ago and the other driver admitted liability. My renewal, with the same company, was lower than the previous year...Iíd even declared this accident.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.