Netflix Recommendations Thread Page 204

• challenge_hanukkah 3 Feb 2019 16:39:07 10,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't believe a word of it.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Feb 2019 16:40:39 9,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "A guy who made me wank him off in the car disappeared with my daughter but I assumed it was probably fine"

Geez
  • Bichii 3 Feb 2019 16:54:20 1,438 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just finished kingdom, best series I've seen on Netflix.
  • Tomo 3 Feb 2019 19:03:11 16,471 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Over halfway through Sex Education now. It's really fucking good. Funny, surprisingly touching, lots of good characters. Recomnnedddedd
    Finished now, without realising I was actually watching final episode. Sad it's ended - was looking forward to another tonight! 9/10.
  • MysteryLamb 4 Feb 2019 08:21:10 555 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Russian Doll - excellent. Watch it!
  • nickthegun 4 Feb 2019 08:41:34 77,113 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Is it me or is Nightflyers a bit rubbish?
    Two episodes in and.....yes, it's wank so far.

It spent no time setting up any characters or even the setting, so going event horizon straight off the bat means absolutely nothing. It's just one 'creepy' set piece after another which is really boring.
  • Dougs 4 Feb 2019 09:20:42 88,524 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    MysteryLamb wrote:
    Russian Doll - excellent. Watch it!
    Next on the list after Sex Education. Which is slowly starting to live up to the reviews here - first episode or two were misleading, it's got much more depth than initially shown. Good stuff
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 09:29:48 19,022 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I watched the first one of Sex Education and was kind of mixed with it. Does it ever get passed the EVERYTHING IS ABOUT SEX. SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX. EVERYONE IS TOTALLY DOING SEX. SEX SEX SEX stage?
  • Dougs 4 Feb 2019 09:33:00 88,524 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Doesn't really get past the SEX SEX SEX thing, as that's the central hook that everything hangs on, but what it does have is some great characters who you quickly care about. It's a character piece really, despite being dressed up as a teen high school thing, with a whole load of high school tropes. I wasn't that impressed to start with but by the end of the 2nd episode I was engaged and by the end of the 4th, pretty hooked.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 09:45:51 19,022 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Do you get to see those magnificent boobs from the start of the first episode again?
  • Deleted user 4 February 2019 09:52:45
    Velvet Buzzsaw - Boring

Polar - Part Tarrantino, part John Wick, part Bond, part Jason Bourne. Had to watch it after reading a 1 star review. It's not that bad. Pretty bad but in a good way. It's very weird seeing "What are the scores" George Dawes as a Hollywood villain. One of the worst performances I've ever seen. Well worth a watch.
  • askew 4 Feb 2019 09:55:32 18,805 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Do you get to see those magnificent boobs from the start of the first episode again?
    Negative.

Real or fake?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 10:00:02 19,022 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd have to watch the scene again but from mammary they did jiggle in a realistic manner. I'm going with real.
  • Blakester 4 Feb 2019 12:24:00 4,688 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    the-cozen-show wrote:
    abducted is incredibly fucked up
    Just watched it this afternoon ... fucking hell
    We watched this last night.

I'm filing it under: yet another great reason to never visit the good old US of A.

A few burning questions though.

1. Who the fuck calls the FBI before they call the police?
    2. Who the fuck speaks so politely on the phone to the man that has abducted and serially raped your daughter?

People be crazy.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Feb 2019 12:28:59 9,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Blakestera I can't believe that the family weren't more complicit than they let on
  • anephric 4 Feb 2019 14:27:19 3,151 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I made it four episodes in to Nightflyers before giving up.

Life's too short. It's wank. Characters acting in totally preposterous ways and no-one remembering from one scene to the next.

I seem to remember watching the previous film version on VHS recordings in the 80s but have mercifully blanked that from my memory banks.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Feb 2019 15:21:19 9,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sooooo.... get my Event Horizon DVD from the bookcase in the spare room instead?
  • Lankysi 4 Feb 2019 15:36:02 23 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Mrs and I loved You and both series of The Sinner. Thoroughly gripped throughout both.

Not sure what to try next. Sex Education is getting a lot of hype on here, might go for that
  • BinaryBob101 4 Feb 2019 17:08:07 26,726 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah Russian Doll is pretty good. Pretty funny. She reminds me a bit of a good mate, which is disturbing on the same levels.
  • richardiox 4 Feb 2019 21:43:07 7,613 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was not expecting THAT!

/Kingdom episode one.

Will definitely keep watching this one.
  • ChiefGB 4 Feb 2019 21:54:32 10,292 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    /adds to list
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Feb 2019 23:34:15 32,585 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Two episodes into You, and it's fine but the woman is really annoying. As is the guy, tbh. I get that it's all about her for him, but it's so fawning. I know that's the point but I dunno, not really loving it so far.
  • ChiefGB 4 Feb 2019 23:52:31 10,292 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "A guy who made me wank him off in the car disappeared with my daughter but I assumed it was probably fine"

Geez
    /adds to everyone’s lists
  • Tomo 5 Feb 2019 00:17:11 16,471 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Two episodes into You, and it's fine but the woman is really annoying. As is the guy, tbh. I get that it's all about her for him, but it's so fawning. I know that's the point but I dunno, not really loving it so far.
    I'm watching this with my GF. She was a Gossip Girl obsessive and this is basically Gossip Girl: Psycho Edition from what I can tell.

It's alright. Filled with highly irritating beautiful people. Some surprisingly weird/sudden bits, which make it interesting. The storyline veers all over the place as it goes on (a trip to an American Charles Dickens festival is particularly bizarre), but don't think too much about it all and it's alright.
  • Lankysi 5 Feb 2019 09:34:39 23 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Tomo Yeah I agree with this. There was enough in it to keep us captivated and wanting to watch more though.

One of my biggest gripes with it was that the bloke was continuously "lucky". He's standing outside her house, with massive windows and no curtains and she NEVER sees him! He's always in the same bars and she never sees him. It was a bit convenient at times!

Edited by Lankysi at 09:34:57 05-02-2019
  • Tomo 5 Feb 2019 10:30:38 16,471 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Lankysi

Yeah totally agree - he murders various people, the authorities barely bat an eyelid and everyone concerned instantly gets through the grieving process.

I found the bits with him wanking behind a plant pot in the street pretty hilarious. It's so weird at times, for what almost feels like young adult fiction.
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Feb 2019 11:21:10 5,955 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I'm watching this with my GF. She was a Gossip Girl obsessive and this is basically Gossip Girl: Psycho Edition from what I can tell.

It's alright. Filled with highly irritating beautiful people. Some surprisingly weird/sudden bits, which make it interesting. The storyline veers all over the place as it goes on (a trip to an American Charles Dickens festival is particularly bizarre), but don't think too much about it all and it's alright.
    Isn't Gossip girl, Gossip girl: Psycho Edition?
  • nickthegun 5 Feb 2019 11:41:56 77,113 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago

Geez
    Honestly, I cant remember seeing anything so infuriating. I was wishing I could reach into the TV and slap the stupid out of the mother.

But, yeah, it was a perfect storm. A family of prideful, church going idiots who had absolutely no concept of what a pedo is must have been the easiest marks. Jesus... its just mind blowing.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Feb 2019 12:17:48 9,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @nickthegun she still sounded a bit in love with him when she was reminiscing about their affair

The pedo couldn't have found a more perfect family for his horrible plot
  • Deleted user 5 February 2019 12:20:26
    Can't believe the dad wanked him off, or that they put the daughter on a plane to see the nonce, or that they didn't try to put him away when the FEDS had him, or that they let the daughter sleep with him as part of his nonce therapy, or that the mom banged him.

Annoyed me that he only served 1 year and took the cowards way out.

Absolute scum

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 12:20:53 05-02-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.