Netflix Recommendations Thread Page 205

• simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Feb 2019 12:29:34 9,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They were so chill in the phone calls too

Like what the fuck are you doing he ran off and took her to get married in Mexico for a month last year

Also the nuns who he told he was a secret agent

Fuck me

The wanking was insane and miles from being the worst thing but come on ... who would do that?!

I like my friends plenty but at absolute most they're getting the wifi password
  • Deleted user 5 February 2019 12:32:48
    Forgot about the CIA nun shit.

Was interesting to watch and I really felt for the family having this guy come and basically ruin their lives.

But come on...
  • nickthegun 5 Feb 2019 14:59:07 77,113 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    or that they put the daughter on a plane to see the nonce
    I honestly would have clapped her like an angry pimp if she had come back and told me that.

They were both so ineffectual its almost comical. The bit where the daughters were saying 'we didn't talk about it, they didn't want to hear it' made me think that they might actually be retarded. They may as well have dressed her in a French maids outfit and shoved her through his front door.

That the kids don't seem to blame them is absolutely extraordinary.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Feb 2019 17:30:51 9,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd love to know what relationship the family has now. It seems like a perfect recipe for estrangement but I get the feeling they're carrying on like nothing happened
  • Fab4 5 Feb 2019 18:05:21 8,801 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The 'wee girl' went on to be an actress, in, I guess, Hollywood.

Talk about out of the frying pan...
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Feb 2019 19:14:50 9,654 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The threat of having the wanking exposed was why they signed the papers to let the pedo off after the first abduction, wasn't it?
  • Fab4 5 Feb 2019 20:49:48 8,801 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    +1 for Kingdom

Excellent first episode and top quality hattage too.
  • superdelphinus 6 Feb 2019 08:54:31 10,003 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I canít remember if it was on Netflix or amazon but ĎForeverí is quite good. It has the feeling of an extended black Mirror episode - that san Pasadena one or whatever it was called. Got the actress out of bridesmaids I think, and the other woman who was the main woman in the original podcast version of homecoming. The subtext isnít that original (itís about being bored and not fulfilling your life basically), but some funny bits and a compelling story.

You donít get reviews like that in the magazines.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Feb 2019 09:02:17 19,508 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Kingdom is great. Though the way the virus spread in the first episode was slightly dumb. Unless further episodes reveal that there was more to it.
  • Fab4 6 Feb 2019 12:46:02 8,801 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    I canít remember if it was on Netflix or amazon but ĎForeverí is quite good. It has the feeling of an extended black Mirror episode - that san Pasadena one or whatever it was called. Got the actress out of bridesmaids I think, and the other woman who was the main woman in the original podcast version of homecoming. The subtext isnít that original (itís about being bored and not fulfilling your life basically), but some funny bits and a compelling story.

I enjoyed Forever too (It is on Amazon btw), and I usually hate Fred Armisen.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Feb 2019 12:48:51 26,726 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Russian Doll is possibly classic peak TV. It's very bloody funny, but also tragic and pretty traumatic, taking some savage twists.

ESSETAIL
  • McGeeza 6 Feb 2019 13:16:23 1,963 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Not sure I get you. Why?
  • Mola_Ram 6 Feb 2019 13:27:20 19,508 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @McGeeza Well, assuming that the doctor (who appears to know something about the whole thing, which is why the royals sent for him in the first place) isn't intentionally trying to spread the virus, he might have done well to

a) not bring back a vampire corpse in the first instance, or
    b) encourage his followers to not, you know, mess with it or eat it

At the very least he's a terrible doctor. Bad communication skills.

Anyway, I still really like the show! It looks ever so expensive.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:38:02 06-02-2019
  • Kay 6 Feb 2019 13:30:08 19,958 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    superdelphinus wrote:

I enjoyed Forever too (It is on Amazon btw), and I usually hate Fred Armisen.
    I think Fred Armisen is great, which is conflicting as he's also apparently a bit of a sex pest. Anyway, Forever seems intriguing and definitely on my list.
  • McGeeza 6 Feb 2019 14:11:41 1,963 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I think it does work although they have made up rules to fit the story.

1) The physician is shocked when his assistant is grabbed by the king
    2) he says at some point about the disease mutating (a zombie bite used to kill instead of turning the victim)

So he didn't realise the corpse was infected. But yeah - after seeing what he had seen you'd think he would have been a bit more cautious. :)
  • JoelStinty 7 Feb 2019 13:16:59 7,601 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Russian Doll is possibly classic peak TV. It's very bloody funny, but also tragic and pretty traumatic, taking some savage twists.

ESSETAIL
    Yeah i watched two episodes so far and i'm really enjoying it. I do feel like i live in a completely different world though, the parties i go to aren't like that. Actually i can't remember the last time i went to a party.
  • robthehermit 7 Feb 2019 15:19:56 7,201 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Arriving on the 15th, looks pretty interesting in a Misfits meets X-Men kind of way.

• Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Feb 2019 16:58:47 19,022 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah that looks surprisingly good.
  • Blakester 7 Feb 2019 17:14:37 4,688 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

ESSETAIL
    I really wasn't sure about this at first - but it grew and grew on me.

It's very well made and has a cast of interesting characters that don't always react in the way you expect.

Another in the long list of dramas about rich New Yorkers though.

Incidently, am I the only one that finds it odd seeing TV characters chain-smoking their way through scenes? Nadia can barely make it 5 seconds without lighting up. You see it so little in movies nowadays that it's jarring.
  • BinaryBob101 7 Feb 2019 17:24:56 26,726 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I have a feeling that will become a thing in the future. Or past.

I've been thinking about New York and Netflix, it's a location is so many of their shows now - the city has practically become their Little Hollywood.

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 17:54:29 07-02-2019
  • Mark1412 7 Feb 2019 18:59:58 1,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also really liked Russian Doll but very nearly didn't watch the second episode as I really didn't like the characters initially.
  • Lotos8ter 7 Feb 2019 20:23:44 2,727 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another thumbs-up for Russian Doll. I didnít like the first 1/2 episodes but stuck with it, it builds beautifully. I really miss it now and glad it had a proper conclusion.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Feb 2019 21:37:00 19,022 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished Sex Education, took a while to click but ended up being a very good show by the end of it. Great soundtrack as well.
  • TheSaint 8 Feb 2019 21:39:21 18,467 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Valentines special of big mouth is up.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Feb 2019 21:48:36 19,022 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also 47 Metres Down is worth a watch if you like your schlocky great white shark films. I enjoyed it a lot more than that Blake Lively shite.
  • IronGiant 9 Feb 2019 10:55:25 5,868 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Yeah, Kingdom is great. Though the way the virus spread in the first episode was slightly dumb. Unless further episodes reveal that there was more to it.
    Donít really get the love for this, thought the script was poor and so was the acting. Costumes and the look of it is good but after the 1st episode Iíve no desire to see what happens next. Itís the first Korean series/movie Iíve watched so maybe Iím being overly critical :)
  • ChiefGB 9 Feb 2019 10:59:41 10,292 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The trailer didnít make it look all that appealing tbh, so itís hard to see the enthusiasm in here.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Feb 2019 11:25:44 19,508 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So far (3 episodes in) it's just a really lavishly-produced period drama with zombies in it. It's a bit like Train to Busan - there's nothing complicated or ground breaking in there, but it's tremendously fun to watch.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.