Netflix Recommendations Thread Page 218

• Bichii 15 Apr 2019 00:11:05 1,694 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @arty because they kicked out the creative director? I liked him a lot.

Edited by Bichii at 00:11:27 15-04-2019
  • arty 15 Apr 2019 11:29:53 544 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I wasn't that keen on Lemmy either tbh.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 15 Apr 2019 12:32:18 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If I like Sabrina will I like Riverdale ?
  • RawShark 15 Apr 2019 16:32:23 573 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Love Death + Robots

Balls from start to finish.

Balls out of ten.
  • The-Bodybuilder 15 Apr 2019 19:16:19 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Watched Black Summer. I hope it sticks to being an anthology, because though it has all the entertainment value that all Zombie shows do, it would inevitably suffer the same fate they all do if they try and follow the same group over the show. Would prefer each season being a self-contained arc, whereby it can focus on what this season essentially focused on; did away with character development, treat everyone almost as fodder (but with more interest), but most of all, focused on different setpieces, they likes of which tend to be the best bits of most zombie shows.

Because to do anything else would be to confine it to all zombie shows.

Last episode was full of great setpieces, hampered by budget restraints.
    If it's an anthology that actually might interest me. I am pretty tired of the whole zombie thing though.
    Without spoilers, it kinda seems like a new season will focus on new characters, and I agree that's probably the only way I can ever enjoy a new zombie show, because anything else is doomed to the same outcome. Allows us to just enjoy zombie shows for it's best bits, the setpieces and zombie-situations.
  • Deleted user 16 April 2019 00:54:29
    Bichii wrote:
    The silence.

I watched it so you don't have to.

I can't remember the last even okay Netflix film I've seen.

1/10
    Agreed. That was shit

Edited by LifeIsStrange at 00:54:47 16-04-2019
  • JoeBlade 16 Apr 2019 06:54:43 4,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    The silence.

1/10
    Netflix has produced a couple of awesome series (Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, The Punisher, Disenchantment, to name but a few I enjoyed) but their films have generally been pretty bad, can't argue with that.

I did like The Highwaymen, for what it's worth.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Apr 2019 07:07:35 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is The Silence as much of a TV movie copycat of that movie Jim from The Office made as it looks?
  • The-Bodybuilder 16 Apr 2019 10:01:34 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    The silence.

1/10
    Netflix has produced a couple of awesome series (Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, The Punisher, Disenchantment, to name but a few I enjoyed) but their films have generally been pretty bad, can't argue with that.

I did like The Highwaymen, for what it's worth.
    It's odd that for me, their best movie is still their first; Beasts of No Nation.
  • damagedinc 16 Apr 2019 12:14:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @The-Bodybuilder

Roma and annihilation say hello
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Apr 2019 12:25:41 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @damagedinc they didn't make Annihilation, distribution only
  • wobbly_Bob 16 Apr 2019 13:53:58 5,086 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know a lot of people didn't enjoy it but I really liked Mute. Can we count I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore as a Netflix original since although they didn't commission it they have exclusive world wide rights to it. What about Bright? Same as Mute in that I know a lot of people didn't get on with it but I also really enjoy that; It's not a perfect movie but a fun ride, I think.

Edit! Just remembered. What about the Ballad of Buster Scrubs and Okja? Another 2 good movies.

I don't think Netlix original movies really deserve the bad rap they get. It's because the TV show originals have set such a high bar it seems like people expect more. They have produced some proper shite but most of them are actually just average with a few stand out hits.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 13:57:19 16-04-2019
  • nickthegun 16 Apr 2019 14:47:01 77,813 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gerald's Game and Velvet Buzzsaw were good and Apostle was superb.

Crouching Tiger 2 wasn't bad and Cargo was ok.

And that one with The Raid guy was pretty cool.

And...uhm...
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 16 Apr 2019 14:48:48 19,735 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apostle was superb was it? Still haven't got round to watching it.
  • nickthegun 16 Apr 2019 14:49:44 77,813 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I loved it.

And, speaking of The Raid, It's directed by the guy who directed The Raid.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Apr 2019 14:57:59 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apostle was dead good.

Mute was a confused mess.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Apr 2019 14:58:30 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okja is one of Netflix best
  • The-Bodybuilder 16 Apr 2019 15:53:54 17,704 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @damagedinc

1. Haven't seen Roma
    2. Annihilation not a Netflix production.
  • millerlfc 16 Apr 2019 16:45:38 602 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Black Summer is not a prequel to Z Nation it comes from the same people but they are not connected.

As for Z Nation been a Netflix show thatís wrong to they just aired it here.
    Are you sure? As you say it's made by the same team and Z Nation had loads of references to the early period of the zombie outbreak as 'the Black Summer' throughout its run, so a bit odd for the same creators to choose that name as their next show if it wasn't a prequel.

All the media outlets have reported it as a prequel/spin-off and even the creator Karl Schaefer described Black Summer as "...it is earlier in the same apocalypse. Things haven't got weird yet."
  • damagedinc 16 Apr 2019 19:26:54 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Oops my bad
  • HoriZon 16 Apr 2019 22:44:24 14,224 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    millerlfc wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    Black Summer is not a prequel to Z Nation it comes from the same people but they are not connected.

Are you sure? As you say it's made by the same team and Z Nation had loads of references to the early period of the zombie outbreak as 'the Black Summer' throughout its run, so a bit odd for the same creators to choose that name as their next show if it wasn't a prequel.

All the media outlets have reported it as a prequel/spin-off and even the creator Karl Schaefer described Black Summer as "...it is earlier in the same apocalypse. Things haven't got weird yet."
    https://screenrant.com/black-summer-not-z-nation-prequel-series-jaime-king-netflix/

To me its a different kettle of fish they dont call them Zombies and the whole tone is much darker in Black Summer.

Maybe is maybe isnt lol
  • HoriZon 16 Apr 2019 22:44:25 14,224 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    millerlfc wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:

https://screenrant.com/black-summer-not-z-nation-prequel-series-jaime-king-netflix/

To me its a different kettle of fish they dont call them Zombies and the whole tone is much darker in Black Summer.

Maybe is maybe isnt lol
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Apr 2019 23:42:27 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Oops my bad
    I think the general rule is that if a film is good they almost certainly didn't make it
  • askew 17 Apr 2019 22:08:30 19,093 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jurassic Park is now on Netflix.

I can confirm it's still a fucking awesome film. Every time the T-Rex vanquishes the raptors in the visitor centre as the score swells is perfect.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 17 Apr 2019 23:16:10 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Robocop, Jurassic Park.... re-upload Bill & Ted and I've got a childhood nostalgia binge lined straight up
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Apr 2019 20:24:08 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new Chris Lilley series - Lunatics- is not good.

There's always been problematic stuff in his shows but this one just doesn't have the heart or good will that something like Summer Heights High did. Basically it's a lot of "lol look at the mentals" scenes this time around.
  • TheSaint 19 Apr 2019 20:25:09 18,574 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Judging from the trailer he has finally decided to stop blacking up.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Apr 2019 20:33:00 10,242 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is that I suppose.

Half the characters are just rehashes of older ones too.
  • JonFE 20 Apr 2019 11:38:46 1,930 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    This might seem a bit strange, but I'm sure there was a new-ish comedy-like suggestion that greeted me yesterday evening when I logged on Netflix, but I jumped straight to the latest Star Trek episode.

Afterwards, when I looked for it, I couldn't find anything related. I did not catch a name and cannot remember anything specific about it , but does anyone know which one I'm talking about?

/stupid, I know...
  • CompetitiveDad 20 Apr 2019 13:05:32 8,150 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JonFE was it Lunatics?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.