DriveClub Page 239

• Gazza 1 Mar 2017 19:38:25 45 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is anyone still playing this? Just re downloaded it on my stuffed hard drive and questioning why i ever deleted it, the weather effects in this game have yet to be bettered.

Got a custom chemical bro's, orbital and deadmau5 playlist set as well, absolutely amazing stuff for a 3 year old game.
  • ModoX 1 Mar 2017 20:50:24 3,470 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I only got my PS4 at Christmas so yeah I'm still on it :) As I continue to play it and get better, challenging myself on it more, it's become my favourite racer of this gen, fairly comfortably.
  • JamesUK 1 Mar 2017 23:38:23 785 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't help thinking that Sony made a mistake closing Evolution. I love DriveClub but we could do with a new racer this year and Sony are having to rely on third party studios (Polyphony don't count because they don't like releasing games). Arcade racers have always been a staple of a consoles games lineup but they appear to have been sidelined by Sony.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2017 00:16:07
    Is it me or are the cars really twitchy? Can't do the 2nd race in the semi Pro cup always finish 3rd :(
  • Gazza 2 Mar 2017 01:16:46 45 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    i keep thinking about what the sequel could have been, open world Horizon like structure with the amazing graphics. Ugh, we will never know i guess. :(
  • ModoX 2 Mar 2017 08:18:03 3,470 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Hairy-Gorilla the faster ones can be yeah, just make sure you feather the throttle, very very carefully. It takes quite a while to really get a handle on them. I'd recommend continuing on through the events so you don't get frustrated, there's bags of content and you can always go back to do it later. Funnily enough semi-pro was the only trophy I didn't win as I went through the main tour, when I went back to do it after it was quite easy.
  • chrisp 2 Mar 2017 09:50:45 1,141 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I come back to this game pretty frequently; it's amazing, and I still have a lot of events to complete. Outside the "main" tour, I'm finding it very difficult to get three stars on most of the time trials. I can normally get 2 stars - either comfortably or at a push - but the third star is very difficult! Drift events I can nearly always get three stars, although I only rarely use drift in races because when it goes wrong it generally goes really wrong and I spin all over the place.

I only recently became conscious of the fact that there's no in-game music. I googled it and apparently the devs have it turned off by default. I turned it up in the options menu but it didn't feel right, so I'm back playing without music.
  • DizzyMan66 2 Mar 2017 10:23:54 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah this game is great and v heavy on content. I recommend the bikes expansion aswell, even though I'm shockingly bad at it! It's a shame really because I've been trying to convince my wife for years to let me buy a real motorbike and my ineptitude at the game isn't helping. Still practice makes perfect :-D
  • chrisp 2 Mar 2017 10:29:47 1,141 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Actually, I have the bikes expansion! I played the first few events, though it was great, but have decided to focus on the cars for now. I will return to the bikes, though.
  • DizzyMan66 2 Mar 2017 10:39:53 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I prefer the cars. But for pure driving pleasure u can't beat dirt rally with all assists off and DualShock control. Would love to try the VR version with wheel setup one day :-)
  • Deleted user 2 March 2017 13:47:00
    @ModoX Thanks for the tip.
  • Gazza 2 Mar 2017 17:34:21 45 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The PS4 is crying out for some more fun racing games, Horizon is one franchise on xbox (one of the few) that I'm jealous off and Evolution defiantly were up to the challenge i reckon.

We only really have Gran Turismo to look forward to and that hasn't been any fun since arguably installment 3.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2017 20:33:58
    Gazza wrote:
    The PS4 is crying out for some more fun racing games, Horizon is one franchise on xbox (one of the few) that I'm jealous off and Evolution defiantly were up to the challenge i reckon.

We only really have Gran Turismo to look forward to and that hasn't been any fun since arguably installment 3.
    Does GT even do car damage yet?
  • ChrisOTR 2 Apr 2017 09:46:01 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm still racking up points for the club! I finally completed Venom Hot Lap 2, the whole of Elements is ROCK HARD. Venom Hot Lap 2 is insane though, it makes the first one seem manageable.
  • ModoX 2 Apr 2017 09:56:58 3,470 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah Elements is a tough one, and that event in particular is mental. Congrats for clearing it! Did you get all 3 stars?
  • ChrisOTR 2 Apr 2017 10:00:47 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Thanks, and yup! I always 3 star everything before I move on to the next thing.
  • ModoX 2 Apr 2017 10:29:28 3,470 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus, you're more of a man than I am 😀
  • Deleted user 2 April 2017 10:38:38
    I noticed lots of add-on's in the sale. I'm tempted to reinstall. Is the bikes add on any good?
  • ChrisOTR 2 Apr 2017 13:12:32 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yep, I loved it. The handling is very different from the cars, in a good way.
  • ChrisOTR 2 Apr 2017 13:13:39 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @ModoX Haha no, I just keep on lapping until I crack it!
  • Deleted user 2 April 2017 13:33:18
    Cheers. It was only 3.29 so what the hell.
  • ModoX 2 Apr 2017 13:45:42 3,470 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    3.29? I bought it just after Christmas for a lot more than that and haven't gotten around to doing more than 2 events on it, doh!
  • Deleted user 2 April 2017 13:49:31
    Yeah i noticed quite a few add ons were for sale when i bought tlou remastered. I've not played DC for ages. I played it for a couple of months solid when it first came out and then didn't bother again.
  • ChrisOTR 2 Apr 2017 16:22:34 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Enjoy! Driveclub (normal, VR, and bikes) between all 3 have been in my most played games this gen.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2017 16:26:54
    Unfortunately i get motion sickness off the VR version. I did enjoy the base game until i got to a point of not progressing due to me not having the skillz lol.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2017 19:28:25
    I'll have to check if i have to redownload dc. Wouldn't mind trying bikes later.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.