Next Last
  • chopsen 1 Nov 2013 17:32:10 20,926 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Possibly because she has worn both.
  • HairyArse 15 Jan 2020 16:25:26 1,405 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure if this is the right fred or not but I watched this Martin Lewis video at lunchtime and thought I'd give it a go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p080c15h

I switched suppliers from British Gas to British Gas (yeah) and saved £461 a year, plus it turns out I'm £388 in credit.

Definitely worth having a look at the uswitch website and checking to see if you can save anything.

Edited by HairyArse at 16:25:45 15-01-2020
  • Lukus 15 Jan 2020 17:30:56 23,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's worth knowing those comparisons are often misleading as they will compare your current tariff
    to a new one on the assumption that your current one defaults to the standard variable at the end of its term for the rest of the year. So it's not a true like for like comparison and it's definitely not your supplier's best tariff versus another supplier's best tariff in that scenario. Also, unless you know your actual usage they'll base it on national averages, which isn't particularly helpful.

Definitely worth shopping around though. And submitting up to date readings.

/Used to work in the industry
  • SnackPlissken 15 Jan 2020 17:44:57 1,788 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Iím getting a great deal at the moment. Not paying for gas. They emailed me a few months ago saying theyíve noticed the smart gas meter is broke and an engineer needs to come out. I donít have a smart meter. They tried to fit one 6 months back and the engineer said he couldnít touch it because of a clip that needed to be removed. So they must have updated their system to say I have a smart meter but itís not reading anything... and they owe me £200.

Well done Ovo.
  • Nitrous 15 Jan 2020 23:37:59 1,995 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My wife is having difficulty trying to get her parents to do something with gas and electric. I believe they are with British Gas and on the SVR.

As for us I went with Scottish Power when we moved in on a fixed deal for 2 years. Not a bad price in fairness and switched last year to Green Network Energy who unlike SP are not pushing for a smart meter although I'd have one if they didn't go dumb after a switch.

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

£25 cash back, easy to use and shows everything on the market along with customer service rating ect. I'll switch again come June/July
  • Deleted user 16 January 2020 07:15:44
    I used to switch loads, but I'm now with bulb who I've been with three or four years and never had a complaint.
  • SweetMrGibs 16 Jan 2020 12:35:39 1,428 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Comes into forum to read about games, leaves having switched from NPower to British Gas.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.