A Realm Reborn — Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 Page 47

• Deleted user 9 April 2014 19:09:45
    @Ror1984 My understanding is, if you created a character/account on PS3 then you can upgrade for free to PS4 regardless if you have time on your account.
  • Ror 9 Apr 2014 19:24:56 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @xXJippedXx Cheers. I'm still debating whether to hit that order button. I can afford it (and it is my birthday in a couple of weeks, so... ;) ), but I'm holding back because this is the only game I want on it. But then at least I know I'll put a lot of time into this. Plus I can use my Vita to level my WVR on the throne :D

/indecisive
  • Ror 9 Apr 2014 20:08:11 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, I just re-read that part about levelling my WVR on the throne. Ordered.
  • Agent_Llama 9 Apr 2014 22:58:48 3,691 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    According to a few guys on the Something Awful games sub-forum, FF14 for PS4 showed up free on PSN for a while about an hour ago with the caveat that it had a monthly fee.

This would fit into the idea that if you already have a PC or PS3 version and an active account you can download the PS4 client for free and just log in.
    Yup, if you have PS3 version, you can upgrade to PS4 for free. But your PS3 version won't work any more.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2014 05:00:36
    huh_what wrote:
    According to a few guys on the Something Awful games sub-forum, FF14 for PS4 showed up free on PSN for a while about an hour ago with the caveat that it had a monthly fee.

This would fit into the idea that if you already have a PC or PS3 version and an active account you can download the PS4 client for free and just log in.

Worth noting, that unless you're upgrading PS3 to PS4,you will need to buy a license. (30 days as part of)
    The game isn't free.

EDIT:

Stop! Glamour time!

Show me your glamours!

My 'goon.

Mt WHM.

Edited by Folant at 06:21:44 10-04-2014
  • Ror 11 Apr 2014 00:18:20 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Game time card (finally) added to my account. Tomorrow, I shall be sorting out the PS3-PS4 upgrade, and then I'll be back in Eorzea \o/
  • Ror 11 Apr 2014 14:17:11 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Downloading PS4 client now \o/

It's going to take a while /o\
  • mr_ruberfon 11 Apr 2014 14:53:37 72 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Switch from PS3 to PS4 successfully completed. Only started the game when the first PS4 beta began. Switch was easy, though thought something was wrong when the intro movie began. However, when it finished, my character was there. Looks fab on PS4...
  • Ror 11 Apr 2014 21:49:46 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Picture time!

Eggs-cellent (sorry)

Arrival at Gridania

Nophica's (might be my favourite of this batch)

Check out my 'awesome' egg hat.

Little Solace

And here's a bonus image of the game being remote played on my Vita
  • Deleted user 12 April 2014 03:02:10
    You need to redo your Vita hud, I think.
  • Ror 12 Apr 2014 12:32:00 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I know. The duty log goes off the screen! Last night was just about testing it out though really - seeing if I could play it in another room, checking out the controls etc. I just wandered around a bit and did some crafting for a couple of hours. I'll try and customise it later.

Speaking of things going off the screen, the bottom of the 'recommended' pane is off the screen on my PS4. I need to figure out how to sort that out, too.

I've got a long way to go to get used to the game again, but it's good to be back :)
  • ChiefGB 12 Apr 2014 22:13:20 12,557 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wah, lost out in my gold trophy for completing the last bunch of missions on the ps4. Beware of this. Therefore also I assume that the counters for some of the cumulative fates/crafting etc ones may be reset.
  • karlo87 13 Apr 2014 02:37:15 1,859 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How the fuck do you put materia in your gear?
  • Deleted user 13 April 2014 05:27:08
    Re trophies.
    When PS4 trophies go live, finish any quest or get any trophy, that should unlock that and any others you might be entitled to.

Re materia.
    Via Disciple of the Hand. Just level your desired Disciple and you'll get a quest for it.
    You'll also need to be on the required Disciple at the sufficient leve to be able to attach the materia.
  • Ror 13 Apr 2014 15:53:26 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oooh, Limsa looks lovely on PS4.
  • ChiefGB 13 Apr 2014 18:34:57 12,557 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Folant I cording to the trophies list it is now shared ps3/ps4 list but yeah I can only assume it's not fully live and as such I've probably missed it.
  • ilmaestro 13 Apr 2014 22:05:48 32,932 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    Re materia.
    Via Disciple of the Hand. Just level your desired Disciple and you'll get a quest for it.
    You'll also need to be on the required Disciple at the sufficient leve to be able to attach the materia.
    Or the simpler answer, you get someone else who is already a high enough level crafter to meld the materia for you!

ChiefGB wrote:
    Only for the area you are in though, doesn't it?
    I'm guessing you've sorted this now since you posted about it a week or so ago, but generally speaking you don't need to go searching around for quests as they tend to unlock in certain areas once you've passed a story mission that concludes in that area, so you should always just notice the new ones pop up on your map. The main exception is the lower level quests which you shouldn't really try to do all of anyway, just do enough to keep leveling you up so you can progress with the story quest.
  • Deleted user 13 April 2014 22:59:07
    People charge for that.
    And it's more fun to be self sufficient.
    (Or rely on someone you know to do crafting things for free. -_-)
  • ilmaestro 18 Apr 2014 00:02:05 32,932 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    People don't charge for materia melds any more. Well, not *nice* people, anyway.

And yes, free is always best. :p
  • YenRug 22 Apr 2014 12:47:40 4,553 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone interested in getting this, the PS3 version (allowing the free upgrade to PS4 version after initial set-up/patching/character creation on the PS3) is now down to £4.99 at Gameseek:

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/videogames82wf0czh4h/ps3-final-fantasy-14-xiv-a-realm-reborn

They do charge S&H on top, but if you go through Quidco there are a couple of options to save further, i.e. £2 off a £10 spend or free S&H on a £30 spend on videogames.

They're also the cheapest source for the Sony Wireless Keyboard at present, £13.85, which I have now had confirmed works with the PS4 and FFXIV (though the controller buttons don't work at present):

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames7xg35y3y1e

Edited by YenRug at 12:47:49 22-04-2014
  • Ror 7 Jun 2014 22:35:48 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I remember correctly, you register the game itself and that adds 30 days to your account. So I don't think that would work.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2014 00:04:25 12,557 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    £3.79 for 30days is beyond a bargain if u ask me, and yes the above post sounds about right I don't think it will work.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2014 01:46:33 12,557 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes good idea ;)
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Feb 2019 12:33:21 10,218 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So... with the announcement of the release date of the new expansion (and the introduction of the gunbreaker tank class - gunblade weapon users).

Anyone other than me still playing this?

Yoko Taro has been announced as the guest creator for the alliance raids which will be set in the nier world so I am super excited.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 12:33:47 02-02-2019
  • JoelStinty 3 May 2020 18:07:45 8,924 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just started this. Had the whole thing in a sale recently for 20 quid and thought why not. Spent an hour with it and its very confusing, but sure I will attune to it all over time. Also can't wait to get out of these knee length boots I've been given at the start. Hopefully I can find a hair dresser that makes a proper beard. Not one of these pencil line things I had to go for.
  • Graxlar_v3 3 May 2020 18:26:07 10,218 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @JoelStinty what class have you chosen to start with?

There are three main roles, tank healer and dps.

Tanks have the hardest job -staying alive, keeping the enemies attention on themselves, dictating the speed on play

Healers have the most resource oriantsted job and they have to focus on keeping the tanks alive and avoiding AOE’s. You don’t have a great amount of things to remember but it is about making sure your heals are constantly ready and you have basic attacks to do in downtime’s. If a healer fucks up, it’s a wipe - so although it is not the hardest it is the most important.

DPS have probably got the easiest job - keeping their attack chains going and not getting hit by mechanics.

You are not locked into any class/job so if you don’t like one, try out another.

What level are you?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.