Do not buy PS4 either Page 3

Next Last
  • dominalien 13 Jun 2013 19:24:09 9,233 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    meme wrote:
    NO REFUNDS
    Said the great Mr. Grapes from high atop his pile of money and skulls of small animals.

And he used to be such a nice guy before he got famous.
  • Triggerhappytel 13 Jun 2013 20:03:58 2,696 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Why would Sony & friends' not unreasonable attempts to block The Pirate Bay have any impact on my decision to buy a PS4 though?!
  • ALiasEX 14 Jun 2013 14:45:43 72 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The reason this matters is because now websites like eurogamer are now in danger. Just look at all your copyrighted avatars.

The Pirate Bay does not even host any copyrighted material. It just links to it just like Google and any other search engine. Are they the next to go?
  • ALiasEX 14 Jun 2013 14:47:16 72 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And anyone who has a vendetta against a website like eurogamer (because they were banned or something) just now has to spam link to copyrighted material and for a company to take notice and decide to sue.

lol, i dare you to ban me ;)

Edited by ALiasEX at 14:48:33 14-06-2013
  • Zomoniac 14 Jun 2013 14:51:43 10,035 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Did you land on your head? If not I suggest trying it, it might put you right.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 14 Jun 2013 14:54:18 47,497 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ALiasEX wrote:
    And anyone who has a vendetta against a website like eurogamer (because they were banned or something) just now has to spam link to copyrighted material and for a company to take notice and decide to sue.

Ummmmm I don't think that works like you think it works.

Also, that's not a dare to make on a Friday. We call them "Ban Fridays" around here.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 14:54:58
    ALiasEX wrote:
    The reason this matters is because now websites like eurogamer are now in danger. Just look at all your copyrighted avatars.

The Pirate Bay does not even host any copyrighted material. It just links to it just like Google and any other search engine. Are they the next to go?
    You don't seem to understand the relatively simple ideas of Fair Usage and Intent.
  • AlexW-29 14 Jun 2013 14:58:30 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey guys, no one should by the PS4 because Sony want money for there products! How absurd is that?

..Nah, I'll get the PS4 because it looks like it will be a pretty good console.
  • Forrestfield 14 Jun 2013 14:59:45 8 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ALiasEX Oranges and Apples.

On an unrelated note: I'd not object to Google Search disappearing, its monopoly doesn't do internet search development any favors.
  • Moot_Point 14 Jun 2013 15:24:51 5,530 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thread needs more vizz.
  • Kafeen 14 Jun 2013 15:46:07 565 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ALiasEX wrote:

No but they will remove said links if asked, just like they remove copyrighted material from YouTube when asked to.
  • Lethally-Obese 14 Jun 2013 15:48:51 69 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Like I give a shit about the pirate bay, that's for poor people. I'll get a PS4 anyway.
  • Psiloc 16 Jun 2013 09:16:41 5,159 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Love how 'not being able to steal stuff anonymously' = 'censorship' to these people.

BTW, if you pirate everything under the sun, I think Sony would prefer you not buy a PS4 anyway. If you don't buy any games but have just bought the console YOU have cost THEM money.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2013 09:44:48
    ALiasEX wrote:

I admire your passion and fire
  • SomaticSense 16 Jun 2013 13:58:44 15,062 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ALiasEX wrote:

What the fuck are you even on about? Eurogamer at risk? Google the same as Pirate Bay?

I fucking hated scum like you already, because you and your cretinous legions are the reason for all the DRM shit I have to put up with in every aspect of my leisure time. I work fucking hard to be able to afford that leisure time, during which I am now being treated as a criminal by being monitored and restricted in what I can do AFTER PAYING FOR IT, because of you. You massive cunt.

So you, of all scumfucks, can fuck off from telling us what we should do with our own money.

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:01:16 16-06-2013
  • Deleted user 17 June 2013 11:19:14
    You a bit angry there, Som? :D
  • Psiloc 17 Jun 2013 12:01:36 5,159 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Accurate and well focused anger; the best kind.

What pisses me off about people like the OP is the way they present it as a war on evil corporations, who - unless we fight back by pirating their stuff - will do everything in their power to take down our favourite sites like Eurogamer and Google. They will do this because piracy is free speech, so if they stop piracy, they stop free speech, so we should all fight back by downloading every season of Family Guy.

What makes it so tragic is that this isn't any kind of 'front', they believe this shit. They are warriors in a war against 'THE CORPORATIONS'. Spotty, entitled, cosseted, friendless, virgin warriors.
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Jun 2013 12:15:48 14,649 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @SomaticSense

Well said!
  • dominalien 17 Jun 2013 12:32:46 9,233 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They've become evil corporations only because we gave them the power to become so by craving their stuff.

It's like the coke cartels in Colombia, only legal.
  • Psiloc 17 Jun 2013 12:51:19 5,159 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There truly is no evil like creating a product that people want to buy for a price they are willing to pay and then allowing a transaction to take place. I feel sick just thinking about it.
  • mal 17 Jun 2013 12:55:38 29,326 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    What the fuck are you even on about? Google the same as Pirate Bay?
    To be fair, we only needed to go to PB once googling for 'hit US TV show +torrent' stopped working.
  • dominalien 17 Jun 2013 12:56:17 9,233 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really? I stand and revel in the evilness of it all.

Edit: @Psiloc

Edited by dominalien at 12:56:34 17-06-2013
  • THFourteen 17 Jun 2013 12:57:51 52,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm always amused by people who defend the pirate bay.

"But its a legitimate site blah blah blah"

its called the PIRATE bay ffs

Edited by THFourteen at 12:58:24 17-06-2013
  • SomaticSense 18 Jun 2013 12:43:40 15,062 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    You a bit angry there, Som? :D
    Tried the joke post earlier :)
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.