Sony wants a PS4 future without discs Page 8

Next Last
  • dominalien 19 Jun 2013 12:55:30 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Which one of those is an Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 1 port vizz?
    I can see why it might look confusing reading the technical specs, but don't worry your little head. When everyone else is network fine on PS4, we'll be along to help you with your inability to use your X1 Ethernet X1 port.
    Christ it didn't take you long to go from hoping Sony go bankrupt to running back to them like the masochist lapdog you are, did it?
    dm, don't, just don't pretend this actually surprises you.

It "I hate Sony" on breathe-in, "I love Sony" on breathe-out. That happens some thirty times per minute.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 23:44:17
    Except MS's reversal is really just PR fluff that doesn't affect their long-term plans. We'll come back to this one when they start releasing digital exclusives mid-gen.
  • Dirtbox 19 Jun 2013 23:45:51 91,187 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:00:02
    minimong wrote:
    @Dirtbox
    Yep, you truly are a fucking massive cunt.Stick that through babelfish.
    "Yes, it's really a great cock cunt.Stick by Babelfish."
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:06:05
    @PenguinJim
    I think you dominalien and darkmorgado all have a reading comprehension issues where I'm concerned.

I can call it a win for Ps4 based on normal discs policies like the ps3, and when I wrote

vizzini: When everyone else is networking fine on PS4, we'll be along to help you with your inability to use your X1 Ethernet X1 port.

it wasn't from the angle of me owning a PS4. Helping deckard1 with a fictitious X180 Ethernet X1 port doesn't require me to own anything at all.

I've repeatedly said I have a pre-order in place (because I expect PS4 stock shortages) and might be given a reason by Sony/publisher to want a PS4 after all. Currently there is no hardware backwards compatibility accessory solution and the free online multi-player has been put behind a paywall, so it is equally as shit as the improved X180 situation in my eyes.

At launch I want to try all the Ps4/X180 demos and in the event of nothing being worth a purchase, I don't want to turn off my new hardware and pickup an older joypad to play this generations excellent catalogue of games (I already own on disc). Why is that so difficult for the three of you comprehend?

Edited by vizzini at 00:08:55 20-06-2013
  • neilka 20 Jun 2013 00:09:24 22,658 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ooh, I know, I know! It's because NONE OF IT MAKES THE SLIGHTEST SHRED OF SENSE.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:11:21
    They have an issues with their hardware backwards compatibility accessory solution.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:16:21
    X180, ha

thats good
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:17:15
    What constants down in theatricals, cubbymoore?
  • neilka 20 Jun 2013 00:17:22 22,658 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The M$ X180 no less!
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:18:45
    A play I'm directing is about to open on Saturday. Pinter no less.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 00:19:55
    Not what is was predicted towards in place. Your comprehensible faculty goes into distant state.
  • danathjo 20 Jun 2013 00:36:44 8,201 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Where's your messiah now you fuckers!?
  • DrStrangelove 20 Jun 2013 00:44:53 14,498 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    Where's your messiah now you fuckers!?
    Nigel Farage? Showing around his bum in the EU parliament I guess
  • CybaRJ 20 Jun 2013 08:03:23 55 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wish people would read this before they start on the 'MS have shown their hand' finger pointing. It's the same hand as Sony's
  • JinTypeNoir 20 Jun 2013 10:35:57 4,368 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You wish would read what? Another poorly written Kotaku article which absolutely does not even come close to implying what you claimed in the statement that is the name of this thread? That, among many other comments at E3, Yoshida and Koller, were also positive about digital delivery on the PS4 is a big, fat, "No duh!" Neither of the quotes you gave, nor the ones or reasons given in the article point to anything, if you can think straight. You cannot extrapolate from that they are planning a PS4 without discs, period.

They are continuing to transition into an even more pervasive future, but until we're knee deep thick into the PS4's lifetime we have no idea what their plans are for physical media and right now, outside of some poor, one-sided, idiotically-researched vomit drivel from Stephen Tolito, it seems Sony is bullish on including both all the profit-rich options of retail (such as limited editions, PlayStation Best lines and merchandising) and all the possibilities of digital stuff.

There isn't much of a case that they are aiming for the same kind of future Microsoft is, at least not yet.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.