The New PlayStation 4 without Restrictions

• SolveigSjgreen 20 Jun 2013 13:59:39 1 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing PlaStation games since 1999, and today, I consider myself to be a hard-core gamer in the sense that I play 8-10 PS games a year right through to the end. I love playing games
    Ė canít live without it.

In Denmark, console games are fairly expensive: An equivalent to £56-57 per physical game is not an unusual price here. On top of this, my possibilities for fast internet connection are limited. Having no access to fiber-optics, I have to rely on mobile broadband and am currently preparing for an upgrade from 3 to 4G.

So, Iím grateful that Sony has decided to maintain access to games in physical form and that you donít have to be connected to the Internet to play single-player games on the PS4. Compared to fiber-optics, also 4G offers fairly modest speed rates as download speed depends on distance from the cell tower, number of users and environmental issues. In my home, downloading a full PS4 game would take forever, and streaming and playing online is still impossible with 4G, I think. 4G is not that fast as it is hyped to be.

If Sony had made connection to the Internet obligatory, I think they would loose a lot of their gamers simply because it would be too difficult for a lot of us to comply with such a demand. In Denmark we donít pre-install LAN ports in new buildings and a large portion of our rural areas are still without decent Internet coverage. In my case, in addition to buying a PS4, I would also have to buy a router which is a device, I know absolutely nothing about. And if you had to use an Internet connection, had to use a router Ė what ever happened to plug and play then?
  • Psychotext 20 Jun 2013 14:02:10 64,985 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This couldn't have been added to the existing thread, I agree.
  • robthehermit 20 Jun 2013 14:03:08 7,309 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    #dealwithit
  • cubbymoore 20 Jun 2013 14:06:02 36,709 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They didn't make internet connection compulsory AND they didn't give you an ethernet port either, wtf are they thinking???

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.