Following Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't Page 251

• thelzdking 20 Apr 2018 09:26:16 8,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'Homer Simpson' food. As in the idea that more tasty food equals a tastier combination.

A few weeks ago me and some friends went to Reds BBQ in Nottingham, one of those American-style meat places that smokes its own meat and all that jazz. One of my friends ordered a burger which was more or less everything that they did: beef, pulled pork, burger, chicken, bacon, cheeses and several different sauces. There's no mind to flavour combinations or anything, it's just "more must be better". It looked a mess, and sounded as if it would taste like a mess. What's the point in having amazing quality meat if you're going to put it into some Frankenstein kitchen-sink burger?

See also: things like candied bacon. It's pure Homer Simpson: meat = good, candy = good, so meat + candy = double good. No it doesn't, it's disgusting you fat fuck.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Apr 2018 09:35:17 18,141 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have that kind of reaction to pizzas with loads and loads of toppings on them. Keep it simple, thanks.
  • Dougs 20 Apr 2018 09:38:37 86,064 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    When you make plans for a simple takeaway only for it to escalate in to organising a proper restaurant night out complete with dietary requirements and picky friends.
    And then comes the painful splitting of the bill....
  • nickthegun 20 Apr 2018 09:40:18 74,456 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To continue with your Simpsons analogy, we went to Rub, an American style BBQ place in Birmingham and my mate quite pointedly described the whole menu as 'Skittlebrau'.

It was page after page of 'bring me your finest food stuffed with your second finest'.
  • Zomoniac 20 Apr 2018 09:50:30 9,714 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I have that kind of reaction to pizzas with loads and loads of toppings on them. Keep it simple, thanks.
    Then you'll love this:
    https://www.facebook.com/lovefood/videos/592894284422869/
  • thelzdking 20 Apr 2018 10:03:41 8,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Yep, pizzas are another one. Especially when it's deep pan and it turns into this horrible oily sludge as you eat it.
  • thelzdking 20 Apr 2018 10:07:47 8,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    To continue with your Simpsons analogy, we went to Rub, an American style BBQ place in Birmingham and my mate quite pointedly described the whole menu as 'Skittlebrau'.

It was page after page of 'bring me your finest food stuffed with your second finest'.
    It's dumb. Some of my friends - ones who, it has to be said, are a bit porkier than most - love it. They'll put five different sauces on a burger. I once saw my mate put a tonne of cheese on a hot dog, then tomato sauce, mustard, BBQ sauce and maple syrup. I felt queasy.
  • Deleted user 20 April 2018 10:36:34
    Flaming Grill pubs often have food on the menu that could have been designed by a child. There's one near me so it make sense to go but I always thing if their odd food that often isn't cooked that well. They had a burger where the bun was a doughnut for a while and another burger was topped with some sort of bacon crisps/Frazzles. Many of the normal burgers have things on like barbecue sauce as standard. Maybe I'm getting old but I don't like the flavour of that and find it a bit sweet.
  • thelzdking 20 Apr 2018 10:40:25 8,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, burgers with dough-nuts for buns, everything drenched in BBQ sauce. There is something childlike about it, as if the only things people want are sugary, salty and fried.
  • The_Goon 23 Apr 2018 20:22:23 896 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    People who stop on the spot and turn around without warning so they bump right into you or have a near miss. FFS, I swear we need to have a walking proficiency test in this country.
  • gamecat 23 Apr 2018 20:37:11 783 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Even worse, they resume walking right next to you at the same speed, so now you have a walking buddy you didn't want. Forcing you to either have something important to look at on your phone, or to perform a little hop skip run to get ahead of them, swines.
  • FauxyLea 23 Apr 2018 21:46:50 259 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The ones at gigs who push past you at a stupid speed so you assume they are going somewhere, only to have them stop in the non-existent gap in front of your face.
  • Psychotext 24 Apr 2018 00:56:15 63,347 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My missus has a habit of walking backwards before turning around. I've since noticed that a lot of women do it, but not many men.

Turn on the spot ffs, or at least look behind you before you move!
  • elstoof 24 Apr 2018 01:17:21 20,395 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Better to do a roll to turn 180 like in early 3rd person shooters
  • elstoof 24 Apr 2018 01:19:18 20,395 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think it might be a genetic trait from when women were expected to curtesy for the master as they back away
  • up_the_ante 28 Apr 2018 02:40:45 648 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Touch screen buttons that change their function a millisecond before you touch them
  • up_the_ante 28 Apr 2018 02:50:58 648 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    My missus has a habit of walking backwards before turning around. I've since noticed that a lot of women do it, but not many men.

Turn on the spot ffs, or at least look behind you before you move!
    I've noticed this too. I was walking down a supermarket aisle today and there's one woman transfixed with looking at something on the shelf. Plenty of room to walk behind her. What does she do the second I'm about to walk behind her? She steps back right in to my path. I mean I'm the only other fucking person in the whole lane and I've only been walking on the same trajectory for the last 20m, and she still manages to get in my way.
  • Stuz359 28 Apr 2018 04:23:40 116 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This thread has turned into things that annoy you but should. Anyway, first, me pointing that out.

Second, why do people stop in doorways or the narrowest part of an aisle or something? Is it a genetic response to earthquakes? But you can guarantee of I am trying to leave a shop and I am behind someone, they will stop, blocking the exit looking on their phone or in their purse.

Also, old people.
  • DrStrangelove 28 Apr 2018 07:21:35 12,857 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Touch screen buttons that change their function a millisecond before you touch them
    It's also a technological marvel, how they manage to program the things so that they reliably recognise the exact millisecond when your finger will touch the screen, to rearrange content in just the right moment.

I was walking down a supermarket aisle today and there's one woman transfixed with looking at something on the shelf. Plenty of room to walk behind her. What does she do the second I'm about to walk behind her? She steps back right in to my path. I mean I'm the only other fucking person in the whole lane and I've only been walking on the same trajectory for the last 20m, and she still manages to get in my way.
    That what you told her after "accidentally" bumping into her bum in an empty supermarket?
  • DasBooter 28 Apr 2018 07:35:10 357 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stuz359 wrote:
    why do people stop in doorways or the narrowest part of an aisle or something? Is it a genetic response to earthquakes? But you can guarantee of I am trying to leave a shop and I am behind someone, they will stop, blocking the exit looking on their phone or in their purse.
    Oh my God yes 😑 I've noticed this phenomenon many times. Talk about no situational awareness at all.
  • Salaman 28 Apr 2018 07:52:35 23,139 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Seeing someone ride an ill fitted bicycle most noticeable when the saddle is too low.
  • challenge_hanukkah 28 Apr 2018 07:54:51 7,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With the knees bending outwards. Yeah. I'm with you.
  • thelzdking 28 Apr 2018 08:01:25 8,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Benedict Cumberbatch, he looks like a weasel. He should move into a burrow with Rory McIlroy.
  • superdelphinus 28 Apr 2018 09:11:01 9,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What annoys me at the moment? When people ask themselves questions and reply to them on forum posts/ articles. If you have to ask yourself the question, chances are people don’t care what you think.

The proliferation of the word ‘hell’ at the beginning of sentences.
  • superdelphinus 28 Apr 2018 09:11:25 9,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Benedict Cumberbatch, he looks like a weasel. He should move into a burrow with Rory McIlroy.
    Agreed. Most overrated sex symbol of all time
  • DrStrangelove 28 Apr 2018 09:12:33 12,857 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Twonny" for 20... hrrgn

Edited by DrStrangelove at 09:53:29 28-04-2018
  • JamboWayOh 28 Apr 2018 10:33:46 8,498 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    What annoys me at the moment? When people ask themselves questions and reply to them on forum posts/ articles. If you have to ask yourself the question, chances are people don’t care what you think.

The proliferation of the word ‘hell’ at the beginning of sentences.
    Why can't I find Tizer anywhere anymore? Maybe it's being discontinued, you know what I think it's been discontinued. Hell if I know.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2018 10:43:36
    Why do I keep taking tramadol?

Because they are bloody AWESOME!!!!
  • Salaman 28 Apr 2018 17:53:38 23,139 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    With the knees bending outwards. Yeah. I'm with you.
    Not even. I pass a huge school and close by the station of a student town when I drop my daughter off for school. There's just loads of kids and students with a bike where the saddle is a tad too low and their knees come up a little too high as they peddle. They don't even have to bend them outwards, it's incredibly noticeable and it annoys me even though it shouldn't.
  • thelzdking 29 Apr 2018 06:17:17 8,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Agreed. Most overrated sex symbol of all time
    And he can't say "penguin".

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.