Following Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't Page 252

  • KRadiation 29 Apr 2018 08:47:34 1,348 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    When you make plans for a simple takeaway only for it to escalate in to organising a proper restaurant night out complete with dietary requirements and picky friends.
    And then comes the painful splitting of the bill....
    I should be at a family get together today but have dodged it saying I'm in work just to avoid that very scenario.

    I'm not paying for Dave and his 4 kids and their 4 puddings and 2 bottles of wine and 4 starters!! :◊
  • DrStrangelove 4 May 2018 12:28:17 12,857 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Colleague's got a picture of a car as desktop background. However that pic's height and width are only 40% of the desktop, and the background is set on tiles mode so that there's 4 times the pic in full, 4 times in half and 1 time a quarter.

    What the fuck are you doing you useless twat
  • Nanocrystal 4 May 2018 12:52:47 1,705 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it a Tessella?
  • mrpon 4 May 2018 13:53:25 34,503 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spaz Chariot?

    80s child, forgive me.
  • DrStrangelove 20 May 2018 11:13:38 12,857 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How EG's profile page says "last seen 1 second ago ago". This is unacceptable.

    edit: did they just fix it seconds after I wrote this?

    Edited by DrStrangelove at 11:18:24 20-05-2018
  • fontgeeksogood 20 May 2018 16:07:10 1,163 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Is it a Tessella?
    Underrated comment.
  • crashVoodoo 20 May 2018 17:22:25 5,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Touch screen buttons that change their function a millisecond before you touch them
    It's also a technological marvel, how they manage to program the things so that they reliably recognise the exact millisecond when your finger will touch the screen, to rearrange content in just the right moment.
    I've noticed this a lot on websites lately with adverts. Most of the content has loaded so you're about to click on the link you want only for some poxy fucking advert to appear forcing all the content down causing a mis-tap. Super fucking annoying!
  • FuzzyDucky 20 May 2018 19:09:27 3,252 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Is it a Tessella?
    Underrated comment.
    +1
  • Nitrous 20 May 2018 22:32:19 1,698 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got back from holiday a few days ago and unlike last year nobody was clapping on landing. This year it was carry on bags and feeling the need to hold everyone else up just because they couldn't sit down and wait to get books out from the overhead lockers.

    Just sit down and wait ffs.
  • neilka 20 May 2018 22:49:46 21,558 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    How EG's profile page says "last seen 1 second ago ago". This is unacceptable.

    edit: did they just fix it seconds after I wrote this?
    They fixed it 1 second ago ago.
  • DrStrangelove 21 May 2018 03:23:41 12,857 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :mad:
  • DrStrangelove 23 May 2018 17:38:37 12,857 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The way the Borg say "resistance is fyoodle" doesn't sound as intimidating as it should be
  • gamingdave 23 May 2018 18:11:10 4,747 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Benedict Cumberbatch, he looks like a weasel. He should move into a burrow with Rory McIlroy.
    Otter, weasel, same difference....

  • Deleted user 23 May 2018 19:12:57
    Sometimes you say something so stupid you can only escape it by deleting your account.
  • Deleted user 23 May 2018 20:39:35
    I should point out there was a stupid post that has now vanished. For the benefit of future generations.

    I don't like it when a tv/film shows a scene in a club and people can talk without needing to shout directly into the ear.
  • thelzdking 23 May 2018 21:05:11 8,298 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What was the deleted post?
  • Deleted user 23 May 2018 21:13:16
    Something about Star Wars films being crap.
  • Nanocrystal 24 May 2018 02:10:31 1,705 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DukeSilver
  • askew 24 May 2018 09:43:47 17,053 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Goddamit Duke Silver.
  • RandolphCarter 27 May 2018 11:56:27 901 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.

    What's worse is when I open the box of paracetamol and there's only one pill left in the packet....
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 May 2018 12:08:50 7,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.

    What's worse is when I open the box of paracetamol and there's only one pill left in the packet....
    100% agree.

    Drives me mental.
  • RandolphCarter 27 May 2018 13:56:24 901 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.

    What's worse is when I open the box of paracetamol and there's only one pill left in the packet....
    100% agree.

    Drives me mental.
    It's enough to give someone a headache.

    Another thing I hate: people who open cereal packets or those large "grab-bags" of crisps, help themselves to the contents and then leave the bag wide open when they are finished - even when there's food still left in the bag.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 May 2018 14:04:27 7,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm starting think you're my sock account.
  • Deleted user 27 May 2018 14:15:04
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I'm starting think you're my cock account.
  • DrStrangelove 27 May 2018 15:00:39 12,857 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.
    I do that, because they're so good a single one almost eliminates my headache within half an hour, and because they cost money.
  • Jeepers 27 May 2018 17:21:05 16,541 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thatís the one benefit of a really, really small brain.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 27 May 2018 17:25:01 14,795 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.
    I do that, because they're so good a single one almost eliminates my headache within half an hour, and because they cost money.
    How much are paracetamol in Germany? They're like 30p a packet or something over here.
  • Fonzie 27 May 2018 17:40:54 3,248 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.
    I do that, because they're so good a single one almost eliminates my headache within half an hour, and because they cost money.
    How much are paracetamol in Germany? They're like 30p a packet or something over here.
    I'm sure I paid 18p last time I bought some.
  • DrStrangelove 27 May 2018 18:29:34 12,857 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    People who only take one pain killer instead of two.
    I do that, because they're so good a single one almost eliminates my headache within half an hour, and because they cost money.
    How much are paracetamol in Germany? They're like 30p a packet or something over here.
    No idea, I take Dolormin Extra (which is turbocharged ibuprofen) as it's the only one I found that helps me. It's about 40 pence per pill.

    With pills as cheap as that it probably makes sense to take two.

    Edited by DrStrangelove at 18:33:18 27-05-2018
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.