Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't Page 4

• Deleted user 25 August 2013 11:05:12
    Too many things to list.
  • Moot_Point 25 Aug 2013 11:07:22 5,530 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People who park on double yellow lines that are there to keep the way clear on the approach to a roundabout on an especially busy road. Who cares that they are going to the church inconveniently situated there, that doesn't give them a god given right to park there for 2hrs!

/rant
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 11:10:43
    People who think hazard lights on their car are some sort of universal signal that says "I'm completely allowed to park here".
  • FartPipe 25 Aug 2013 11:10:48 5,307 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everything around the church may be inconveniently situated, its maybe been there for hundreds of years, long before the roundabout.
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Aug 2013 11:11:04 26,707 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Grumpy old (EG) men, sounds like an idea for a tv show ;)
  • RichieTenenbaum 25 Aug 2013 11:14:14 2,774 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I posted the 'couldn't care less' thing in an American forum. The response?

"People say the opposite of what they mean all the time. It's called irony.

'Big deal'"
  • Moot_Point 25 Aug 2013 11:14:30 5,530 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    People who think hazard lights on their car are some sort of universal signal that says "I'm completely allowed to park here".
    Haha! Yeah, the ones I ranted about use that trick too.
  • M83J01P97 25 Aug 2013 11:14:46 7,607 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Children getting six weeks summer holidays. half term weeks and Christmas and so on fine, but six weeks of them being everywhere and always being their annoying little selves should be stopped.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 11:14:57
    Gay pride will probably fizzle out, or so my layman's sociological analysis would think. We don't have 'straight' stuff because being straight is the Natural and Divine Order of Man and Woman, and with homosexuality being increasingly acceptable, I suspect the culture of 'underground' lifestyles etc will fade out.

Who knows?
  • L0cky 25 Aug 2013 11:15:54 2,078 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    People who buy a coffee to drink on the way to work. Because spending three minutes in the kitchen at home with freshly ground coffee and a cafetiere is far, far, far too much effort for these lazy cunts. And people who drink home-brewed coffee in those incredibly annoying Thermos mugs on the way to work make me homicidal. Drink it in the house, you turd. No body wants to see you gurning into your mug whilst blowing it to cool it down.

The human race. I want to be reincarnated as AIDS to kill as many of you fuckers as possible :evil:
    People who consume foodstuffs, grr....
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 11:17:00
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Children getting six weeks summer holidays. half term weeks and Christmas and so on fine, but six weeks of them being everywhere and always being their annoying little selves should be stopped.
    With three small kids I wholeheartedly agree with this. Only another week and a half to go, thank God.

That said, our youngest will be starting school and I'm going to miss him so much. He's been my cute little sidekick for four years. (Actually I've been his stupid fat grumpy sidekick, he's the star of the show).
  • PazJohnMitch 25 Aug 2013 11:17:23 16,927 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    At the moment the things that annoy me most are:

1. Fire crackers
    2. People staring at me
    3. Scooters driving on the pavement
  • sega 25 Aug 2013 11:17:44 908 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    People who make no effort to branch out into things. Taking FuzzyDuck's example, Foo Fighters. It's a nice, easy entry into rock music - but why stop there? Why only listen to what's on the front of Kerrang? Mass market music will always be inferior because it has to cater to a massive audience. Find your niche and revel in it. I found a certain sound and atmosphere that I adore, and it doesn't limit me to one genre.
    Now this annoys me: elitist music fans. Mainstream mass market music is just the music that appeals to the most people. It's not a genre in itself, but it's generally inoffensive and catchy so practically any type of person could find it appealing. Even you. Yes, you there reading this.

If use Foo Fighters as an example, you may prefer other music in the genre but you've listened to Foo Fighters yourself so you've contributed to their popularity. You're mainstream there even if you prefer underground bands no one has heard of.

I've heard people say "you're not a music fan" or "I'm just more in to music than you" which is ridiculous. Everyone is a music fan, we just have vastly different tastes but many of those tastes meet in the middle, which is the mainstream. You can't just assume people like Foo Fighters and stop there. I mean a hardcore heavy metal fan might have bought, and enjoyed, Gangnam Style but it doesn't mean they now have to explore all Korean music.
  • GuiltySpark 25 Aug 2013 11:23:20 6,788 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • GuiltySpark 25 Aug 2013 11:23:20 6,788 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    sega wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    People who make no effort to branch out into things. Taking FuzzyDuck's example, Foo Fighters. It's a nice, easy entry into rock music - but why stop there? Why only listen to what's on the front of Kerrang? Mass market music will always be inferior because it has to cater to a massive audience. Find your niche and revel in it. I found a certain sound and atmosphere that I adore, and it doesn't limit me to one genre.
    Now this annoys me: elitist music fans. Mainstream mass market music is just the music that appeals to the most people. It's not a genre in itself, but it's generally inoffensive and catchy so practically any type of person could find it appealing. Even you. Yes, you there reading this.

If use Foo Fighters as an example, you may prefer other music in the genre but you've listened to Foo Fighters yourself so you've contributed to their popularity. You're mainstream there even if you prefer underground bands no one has heard of.

I've heard people say "you're not a music fan" or "I'm just more in to music than you" which is ridiculous. Everyone is a music fan, we just have vastly different tastes but many of those tastes meet in the middle, which is the mainstream. You can't just assume people like Foo Fighters and stop there. I mean a hardcore heavy metal fan might have bought, and enjoyed, Gangnam Style but it doesn't mean they now have to explore all Korean music.
    I'm not elitest, I actively want people to find music for themselves, not what the radio, or a magazine aimed at kids tells them to.

I don't see anything wrong with that, really.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 11:24:46 25-08-2013
  • FartPipe 25 Aug 2013 11:30:57 5,307 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm posting way too much in this thread, god I'm a grumpy bastard.

Anyway, mobility scooters, people should really be taught how to use them like driving lessons, the amount of times I've nearly been hit by one in supermarkets is ridiculous.
  • GuiltySpark 25 Aug 2013 11:30:57 6,788 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think the "Now 56" (or whatever) CDs epitomise what I'm saying. If I have to explain why then there's no point in carrying on really.
  • Moot_Point 25 Aug 2013 11:32:46 5,530 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    People posting in the "Stupid things that annoy you but shouldn't" thread with stupid things that annoy them and SHOULD.

Ah, fuck, now I've done it.
    Yes, this thread is quite contrary to the title. How annoying and stupid!
  • sega 25 Aug 2013 11:32:49 908 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I'm not picking on you, just people's general assumptions. I'm pretty sure kids do branch out. What tells you that they don't? Everyone has to start somewhere and what's wrong with starting with what's popular? If you can tell me you didn't like a single chart song when growing up then I'll let you off, but I doubt I'd believe you.
  • DaM 25 Aug 2013 11:34:01 17,683 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Grumpy old (EG) men, sounds like an idea for a tv show ;)
    I think we could probably manage a full 24/7 TV channel.
  • FartPipe 25 Aug 2013 11:37:29 5,307 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I think the "Now 56" (or whatever) CDs epitomise what I'm saying. If I have to explain why then there's no point in carrying on really.
    I'm with you, I'm into mainstream music myself, ACDC, Foo Fighters, The Killers, but I've also branched out to hundreds of other genres and hundreds of unknowns, if you don't you're just lazy and just listen to the stuff on radio.

Take The Winter Brave for example, an amazing band but everyone I know has not heard of them.

Have a listen.

Edited by OptimusPube at 11:38:06 25-08-2013
  • M83J01P97 25 Aug 2013 11:41:11 7,607 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I actually think a bigger portion of teenagers nowadays have a better appreciation of quality 'alternative' music than when I was a teenager trying to convince my friends that Aphex Twin, The Future Sound of London, My Bloody Valentine ect ect... was the music to be listening to.

Sure there is still a huge number that sadly can't look past the bile thrown at them by TV/Radio/Magazines but I think the internet has helped give everyone a way of branching out discovering new music on their own, and some younger people have cottoned onto this started developing taste for good music early on.
  • FartPipe 25 Aug 2013 11:48:47 5,307 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Maturin wrote:
    Yes being in the military doesn't automatically make you a hero. Doing something heroic does. I think the blanket use of hero these days makes genuinely heroic deeds seem somewhat diminished. We have become a society that "litchrally yeah?" likes to overuse some words.
    The blacket use of a lot of words annoys me. Awesome is another one, it's lost all meaning now.

"Had a bacon sandwich, it was awesome!" Really? then the universe will blow your fucking mind you twat.
    Not just awesome but epic as well.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 11:49:07
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    sega wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:

I'm not elitest, I actively want people to find music for themselves, not what the radio, or a magazine aimed at kids tells them to.

I don't see anything wrong with that, really.
    The point is that you are having a go at people for liking what they like. Of course they might like random unknown band number 37 if they put the effort into finding them. But some people, a lot of people in fact, simply can't be bothered with that. it takes a serious time and money investment (unless you are clued up enough on internet music services) to find these other bands. Which is why a lot of people are happy with the very large selection of music already offered to them in the mainstream. you absolutely are not elitest, or a music snob, but you appear very ignorant of other people.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.