Advice on house hunting Page 239

    Next Last
  • Psychotext 6 Dec 2018 12:09:22 64,193 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sounds like the entire experience.
  • ionic 12 Dec 2018 10:42:41 740 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The seller of the house we're buying is still looking for a house after three weeks. The house was sold previously but fell through and I think that the house the seller was going to buy to fall through too due to that.

    Would you hold off on survey etc. until the seller has agreed on a house? I don't want to waste money but I don't want to scare them into deciding to stay put
  • Psiloc 12 Dec 2018 11:05:52 4,888 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd say there's an argument for waiting until they've had an offer accepted on a new house, or at least when things are moving in that direction. You don't really know if they're still serious about moving yet.

    On the opposite side of the spectrum though, the buyers of our old house tried to play the game and sent surveyors round a week or so before the agreed exchange date and then asked if we were flexible on the price. What they didn't know was that me and their surveyor had got chatty and he'd told me we had nothing to worry about. Held my nerve and it all went through, but I wasn't impressed.
  • Psychotext 12 Dec 2018 16:37:59 64,193 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's no wonder these houses are so shit. The builders are on the site opposite me still working, and it's not far off being pitch black at this point.

    I'm assuming flood lights cost too much.
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.