Advice on house hunting Page 253

Next Last
  • Dirt3 13 Feb 2020 20:02:25 543 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the issue is no house is going to be perfect and you can get hung up on stuff that is cheap to fix. But it feels better if you know about the crap in advance rather than discover it later, and you can use as a negotiating point in the price.

You can normally get a good deal on the old appliances too, if you are not precious about having them, because moving them is a bloody faff, especially in my gaff because they are upstairs. I stripped down the cooker, fridge freezer and cleaning them up, they look great. Hoping they will last about 5 years then I will get new.
  • Psychotext 14 Feb 2020 01:12:54 65,947 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Two years next week since we moved in. Still not finished having stuff fixed.
  • Dougs 14 Feb 2020 07:00:09 92,086 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That is mental
  • DJCopa 14 Feb 2020 13:32:59 2,072 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just to add to things to check on a viewing - water pressure.

2 houses I bought in past had next to none if more than 1 tap was on (and even then, not great).

Our current house, at the viewing I asked if I could turn all the taps on - Got a look like I had 3 heads, but nice to not have a surprise when you move in.
  • monkehhh 14 Feb 2020 17:59:02 5,219 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I always forget to warn new visitors to our house about our water pressure.. but it's funny when they come out of the loo absolutely drenched.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.