Grand Theft Auto Online Page 143

• SamNunn92 5 Mar 2017 20:57:38 793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just in case anyone else missed this (as I almost did) and hasn't got round to it yet, tomorrow is the last day you can transfer GTA: Online characters from previous gen consoles to the new ones.

Edit: actually slightly vague wording on the website, could mean today is the last day instead https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002343808

Edited by SamNunn92 at 20:57:53 05-03-2017

Edited by SamNunn92 at 21:02:13 05-03-2017
  • urban 6 Mar 2017 11:41:35 13,056 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anyone still playing this on PC? would be good to play with someone other than randoms
  • KD 10 Mar 2017 12:46:40 2,046 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @urban I'm on the game some weekends with a group of people local, add me on there SkullBuggery.

Most of us in our 30's and one 67 so all being on at once is rarer than rocking horse shit but add us anyway.
  • urban 10 Mar 2017 16:00:22 13,056 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    67! haha mega. Will do fella, thanks.
  • the_milkybar_kid 2 Jan 2018 10:46:58 7,822 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I played online for the first time in ages on Christmas Eve on the PC. Tried again a few days ago and I couldn't log in and the email tied to my Rockstar Social account appears to have gone.

I've been onto Rockstar support and they haven't got any answers so far. I've still got the game on my PC but it doesn't look like you can access the game without logging in first. When I try to login with the email I thought was in use, it prompts for a CD key. Has my shit been hacked?

Add to that I can't access Watch Dogs 2 online either, something about Anticheat on being on. Which it is. Ubisoft don't have a fucking clue either so far.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 11:23:25 02-01-2018
  • SnackPlissken 31 Jul 2018 09:15:27 607 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I've been playing this again after not playing online since the PS3 days. They really make progress very difficult in terms of cash rewards. People have batmoblies and flying deloreans.. what is going on.
  • KnuttinAtoll 31 Jul 2018 09:20:50 6,512 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pay-to-win is what's going on, and on PC at least, cheating as well. I don't bother with the online bit for those reasons, not to mention the usually irrational behaviour of other players ruin the immersion.

Finished the story for the 3rd time now (twice on PS3, once now on PC), still love pootling around aimlessly now and then but giving the online a big miss.

Real shame there won't be any SP DLC, such a wasted opportunity given the possibilities of the map.
  • SnackPlissken 31 Jul 2018 09:31:38 607 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I might grind some cash by selling exotic cars. I still like the idea of GTA Online, which has lured me back.. playing with a few friends in a big sandbox is fun.
  • KnuttinAtoll 31 Jul 2018 09:40:07 6,512 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I'd have to make do with randoms, but if you have friends then I definitely can see the fun to be had. Shame though that the inflation in prices means a lot of grinding (or buying shark cards) to get access to the cool toys.
  • ChiefGB 2 Aug 2018 14:10:43 9,919 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I've come back first time since the heists. It's still an utter shitshow of total cunts that are only interested in murdering you, because they are all closet psychopaths. And sadly the game seems to double down on mashing you together in in battles over resources in order to progress the business side of things. Outside of heists I don't see much on the way of collaboration. God knows how grim red dead will get as they are only interested in chasing the online dollar. I don't know if rd2 will hit the same heights. There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of hype around it,but then that is mainly down to rockstar thinking/knowing it will just sell regardless.
  • hedben2013 5 Sep 2018 11:15:44 904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been back into this for about a week now, after not touching it for 2 or 3 years. It really is a flawed diamond isn't it?

I bought the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack while it was on sale, and admittedly I've been having great fun on the wackier race modes like Transform, and in freemode on VIP/CEO stuff. But it's become clear that the million dollars I got from the pack, plus 700k from three easy challenges, isn't going to go very far at all. I can do special cargo missions as CEO but if I want a bigger warehouse (which is basically a must to make it cost-effective) that's another million and change. Even if I just stick to special crate CEO missions, some of them involve a high-altitude helicopter that's a pain unless you have an aircraft with weapons (another million at least). Then there's the vehicle CEO missions, which you can't even start without a vehicle warehouse (another million), and the VIP work which is fine and cheap unless you're in a lobby with well armed psychopaths (which is most of the time).
    I started the bunker missions because if I could, I'd basically turn GTA into an idle game where you're always earning money in the background... but the bunker upgrades also cost 1.5M if you want it to turn a decent profit. Haven't touched the motorcycle clubhouse or counterfeit cash factory paths yet, but I suspect they'll be the same...

I know this will be a rehash of what many others have said upthread, but it's so frustrating. The core gameplay is great, and I'd love to try some of the more advanced missions and vehicles, but Rockstar seem to have learned from the mobile F2P model that they can lock most of it behind a ridiculous grind, and people will apparently pay to advance instead.
  • hedben2013 5 Sep 2018 11:18:31 904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Side note- if anyone's thinking of trying it out after a long absence, it is possible to at least get a bit of easy cash. There are two one-time sets of missions tied into Red Dead Redemption 2 that earn 250K each for about an hour of play, and if you're not on their mailing list you can get another 200K for signing up.
  • binky Moderator 5 Sep 2018 11:49:43 10,920 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @hedben2013 and this week you earn for every day you log in (just have to start the game). Upto £1m this week.
  • hedben2013 5 Sep 2018 14:41:57 904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @binky That's... actually pretty good. Maybe I can get that bunker production upgrade after all!
  • Baihu1983 5 Sep 2018 18:50:34 10,635 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Could never get into it which made cancelling the SP DLC even more annoying
  • Deleted user 7 September 2018 19:39:33
    I've not played this much but thanks to the last money giveaway I have an apartment and $500,000 in the bank. With the latest promotion I should get about another million.

There's a sale on Offices, Motorcycle clubs, etc. at the moment. Is it worth buying something now while it's cheap (could get an office for $500k for example) with the view to making it profitable in the future or will I end up poor with everyone on the map trying to kill me?
  • hedben2013 8 Sep 2018 10:14:27 904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JanetSnakehole Most of the cash I'm earning at the moment comes from CEO missions, and (despite my rant of a couple of days ago) I'm not finding them too full of griefers, especially if you stick to Sightseeing and Headhunter. It's 20-25k per mission and you can probably do 4 an hour with other stuff between the cooldowns. So you'd make your 500k back in 5ish hours and then profit from it.
  • Deleted user 8 September 2018 10:57:07
    @hedben2013 Ah, probably worth getting something while it's on sale then. Thanks for the info. Offices have the biggest saving at the moment so that was probably what I was going for.

The first time I played there was some arse going around repeatedly killing all the new players but other than that it's been generally OK.
  • solidsneek 8 Sep 2018 11:10:27 763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thinking about picking GTA up as well today some alright deals on steam!
  • solidsneek 8 Sep 2018 21:07:30 763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So got the game the criminal pack with 2.5mill shark card today for 29 quid. How do I earn the. Most amount of money? Doing jobs, are heists still a thing? Help!
  • David_Richardson 9 Sep 2018 12:30:40 1,188 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Any of you new or returning players want somebody to team up with, I'm on quite often at the moment. GT = Go Nuclear.
  • solidsneek 9 Sep 2018 14:02:00 763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Iíll play you on PC? I played with red beard last night an online streamer has about 12k subs heís an American guy heís good though! Iíll play with whoever wants to join up to earn some cash solidsneek on steam
  • KD 9 Sep 2018 14:06:38 2,046 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Get a group and learn the heists, network limiters on pc can make you have empty servers and easy to steal and sell cars for the chop shop buisness.
  • hedben2013 10 Sep 2018 13:28:25 904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After dropping $1.1M (everything I had) on a bunker upgrade on Friday, I made about 400K back in 2 evenings of play, mixing gunrunner and VIP missions. The weapon drops in gunrunner can be a pain in the arse but it does seem profitable to choose the further away option when you do it- I made 200K in a single series of 5 drops doing that. I've been fortunate not to be attacked while doing anything really major so far but I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Next purchase will be a car warehouse, then whatever air offense goes on sale (buzzard helicopter hopefully??)
  • Deleted user 10 September 2018 13:48:32
    I found a few good money making things for new players. If you do the treasure hunt you get a Red Dead Redemption gun. Quite powerful and there's a cash bonus if you get 50 headshots. If you do the four Maude bounty hunt missions she gives you coordinates to an RDR tomahawk, kill 25 (I think) people with that and you get a cash bonus. Less violent but on the loading screen if you see an option to sign up for the Rockstar newsletter you get a cash bonus. I'm hoping I can afford a import export warehouse soon.
  • JYM60 10 Sep 2018 14:34:44 17,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All I ever really enjoyed in the online game was races, and I bummed them a lot! A win could net you 30K, so you could make money not too difficultly. I just used all the money upgrading the best cars for each vehicle class.

Saved me ever going into lobby's with ball bags half the time.
  • hedben2013 11 Sep 2018 13:41:27 904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JYM60

I loved racing back when I was playing on x360, but everyone else seems to know the cars to pick and tracks inside out now so I'm rarely even top 5.

TBH the more I play it, the more I think my initial worry about multiplayer knobheads spoiling the grind for cash was unfounded. Most of the time in freemode, people seem content to leave each other to it- I've been on for 2-3 hours every evening for the past week, and maybe had 2 instances of someone going after me in the middle of a delivery, selling or resupply mission. Maybe it's better on console than PC or maybe I've been lucky, but it doesn't seem a huge problem.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.