Ed Miliband the next PM for the United Kingdom Page 23

• Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:22:28
    It's also laughable to claim immigration is having a negative effect on the NHS. The backbone of the NHS has always been immigrant workers.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:22:39
    kalel wrote:
    All that aside, the pathetic parliamentary attendance records of UKIP members just demonstrates to me that they're a bunch of parasitic opportunists gaining power and money off the back of making empty promises to bigots and idiot, with no real intention of doing anything other than serve themselves.
    Well it worked for the Lib Dems!
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:22:59
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I take it back. I'm baffled how he found common ground between UKIP and Labour.
    I double-checked the username and realised he was perfectly serious.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:24:07
    LetsGo wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    All that aside, the pathetic parliamentary attendance records of UKIP members just demonstrates to me that they're a bunch of parasitic opportunists gaining power and money off the back of making empty promises to bigots and idiot, with no real intention of doing anything other than serve themselves.
    Well it worked for the Lib Dems!
    AH HA HA HA HA
  • imamazed 24 Sep 2014 15:24:07 6,373 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @smoggo maybe so, but that's the political system we have, so it is a wasted vote.
  • craigy Staff 24 Sep 2014 15:24:09 9,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    - that people on benefits should be banned from buying alcohol or tobacco
    Wow, that's quite a policy. It would be quite a spectacle to watch UKIP try and implement it!
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:26:06
    Craigy if you could vote on restoring a particular view, how portable would it be
  • Moot_Point 24 Sep 2014 15:26:17 5,530 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Wow, that's quite a policy. It would be quite a spectacle to watch UKIP try and implement it!
    I'm sure UKIP will make those who claim wear a badge with "Scrounging scum" on it. ;)
  • DrStrangelove 24 Sep 2014 15:26:51 13,410 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It's also laughable to claim immigration is having a negative effect on the NHS. The backbone of the NHS has always been immigrant workers.
    Doesn't have immigration a negative effect on everything? And aren't all problems caused by immigration and loss of family values?

Edited by drip at 15:27:17 24-09-2014
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:29:11
    Now, Look.

Which party does the most for Hard Working Families?

Edited by PES_Fanboy at 15:29:24 24-09-2014
  • craigy Staff 24 Sep 2014 15:30:40 9,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Chris, the fag kiosk at ASDA would be a war-zone if benefit recipients weren't allowed to buy ciggies.
  • glaeken 24 Sep 2014 15:46:02 11,975 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    smoggo wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    smoggo wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    smoggo wrote:
    Greeeeeeeeeeen
    Suppose that's one way of spoiling your ballot.
    How so?
    Well obvious isn't is. Wasted vote, assuming you don't live in Brighton pavilion or Norwich south.

I'll vote labour for as long as they retain links with the unions.
    The concept of a wasted vote is nonsensical. If you vote for the party/individual you want in Parliament then it is by definition not "wasted" because that's the point of it.

By that logic it's basically not worth me voting at all since I live in a very safe Conservative constituency.

Thoughtless comments like people saying "wasted vote" are one of the reasons we have such entrenched voter apathy in this country.
    I agree. Just because voting for something with no possible chance of winning is the same as writing down your vote on a piece of paper and eating it is no reason not to vote. Every vote counts. Even the ones that don't. That's the point of it.

Edited by glaeken at 15:49:40 24-09-2014
  • Rhaegyr 24 Sep 2014 15:52:07 4,663 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pfft, he used an underscore. No buys.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 15:58:37
    I really have no idea who I'm going to vote for. I can't see a party that I really agree with on most things. It definitely won't be Labour that's all I can really say.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 16:11:20
    craigy wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    UKIP par excellence. They bang on about being libertarian, but actually they're only concerned about People Like Us. Anyone else can fuck off and die, and probably should, so they don't make things uglier.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 16:17:16
    I just hate policies that donít even effectively target the people theyíre trying to target. Same with Millibandís mansion tax. If you want to stop workshy lazy cunts from buying Lamberts and White Lightning then give them food vouchers for unemployment or something. I mean, thatís also deplorable, but at least youíre not depriving thousands of pensioners their sherry.
  • GiarcYekrub 24 Sep 2014 16:50:16 4,735 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah it's a shame that referendum for AV failed, would have made voting matter so much more, it's silly to me that the "winner" of an election can be the one that the majority didn't vote for. I guess it was an opportunity to kick the Lib Dems for getting into bed with the Tories
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 17:00:45
    I don't see UKIP as racist at all.

I see the other three political parties, who love their exclusive 2/3 party system not wanting to let anyone in, but that's about it.

You see, I'm not 'left' or 'right', I pick the political party who I feel represents me from their manifesto, and I agree with a lot in the UKIP policies .
  • Rhaegyr 24 Sep 2014 17:03:14 4,663 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do UKIP even have a manifesto?
  • Dougs 24 Sep 2014 17:03:25 87,631 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think that means you are most definitely right, what with UKIP being a right wing party and all that.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2014 17:09:30
    Most people agree with a fair amount of UKIP policies. It's fairly normal for right wing parties to bamboozle idiots into voting for them with promises of cheaper petrol and lower taxes and being more snide about the dark stuff like taking away the rights of minority groups, the disabled and pensioners.

Without wishing to Godwin, that's basically how the Nazis got into power.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.