Play.com

  • O-Fox 5 Feb 2005 21:06:52 597 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What are they like with preorders? I am thinking of preordering WoW from them (as their price seems the cheapest), but I am wondergin when I will get my delivery. Has anyone here preordered from them in the past and gotten their item on the day of release? Or should I preorder elsewhere?
  • O-Fox 5 Feb 2005 21:13:54 597 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers, it seems like it's going to be gameplay after all then.
  • Deleted user 5 February 2005 21:15:26
    I recommend DVD Box Office ;)
  • Whizzo 6 Feb 2005 17:33:47 44,807 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    tengu wrote:
    You won't get it on the day of release if you use Play, I can promise you that.
    No you some times get things earlier, ie CoH was received by lots of people who pre-ordered on Thursday.
  • bzzct 6 Feb 2005 17:52:36 2,040 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Fruit_Salad wrote:
    O-Fox wrote:
    What are they like with preorders? I am thinking of preordering WoW from them (as their price seems the cheapest), but I am wondergin when I will get my delivery. Has anyone here preordered from them in the past and gotten their item on the day of release? Or should I preorder elsewhere?

    World Of Warcraft @ PLAY.com = 24.99 Delivered

    World Of Warcraft @ SimplyGames.com = 23.98 Delivered [Gameplay.co.uk = 26.99 Although, gameplay.co.uk will probably have it to you by Thursday!]

    Cheapest place to buy however is PowerplayDirect.com @ 17.99 Delivered
    But I've never used them.
    You could have just told him about www.gamestracker.co.uk and left him do the rest himself ;).

    Edited by Kolmar at 17:53:12 06-02-2005
  • Deleted user 6 February 2005 18:36:04
    Would simplygames be likely to ship it in time for release date?
  • morriss 6 Mar 2006 10:40:45 71,293 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Has anyone pre-ordered who DOESN'T live in England? If so, does it still take 5 working days 'after' release date to turn up or, as what happens in the UK, you get the game on the day of release?

    Thanks.
  • [maven] 6 Mar 2006 12:10:53 5,692 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Has anyone pre-ordered who DOESN'T live in England? If so, does it still take 5 working days 'after' release date to turn up or, as what happens in the UK, you get the game on the day of release?

    Thanks.

    Not talking specifically about preorders, but Play are very slow when shipping to Germany I've found; usually orders take about 7-10 days to arrive (after being shipped), as Jersey is not in the EU so customs take ages to look the stuff through.
  • sunjumper 6 Mar 2006 13:31:43 3,534 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Has anyone pre-ordered who DOESN'T live in England? If so, does it still take 5 working days 'after' release date to turn up or, as what happens in the UK, you get the game on the day of release?

    Thanks.

    Not talking specifically about preorders, but Play are very slow when shipping to Germany I've found; usually orders take about 7-10 days to arrive (after being shipped), as Jersey is not in the EU so customs take ages to look the stuff through.

    What Jersey is not in the EU?
    That explains quite a few things...
  • JonFE 7 Mar 2006 17:24:40 2,024 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Has anyone pre-ordered who DOESN'T live in England? If so, does it still take 5 working days 'after' release date to turn up or, as what happens in the UK, you get the game on the day of release?

    Thanks.

    Well, it usually takes about a full week for the goodies to be delivered in Greece, but at the prices they are charging I'm not complaining :)
  • djchump 7 Mar 2006 17:29:58 4,463 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Has anyone pre-ordered who DOESN'T live in England? If so, does it still take 5 working days 'after' release date to turn up or, as what happens in the UK, you get the game on the day of release?

    Thanks.
    Morriss - whenever I've ordered fro mPlay.com they've been pretty slow.
    I would highly recommend placing pre-orders at Gameplay.co.uk as they have ALWAYS got games I pre-ordered through my postbox the morning before release - i.e. if the game's out on Friday, it gets delivered through my door Thursday morning.
    We Love Katamari even made it thru my door on wednesday mornigng before it's Friday release :-)
  • Blood_and_Thunder 12 Sep 2006 22:56:23 275 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    RPG-Lord wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    tengu wrote:
    You won't get it on the day of release if you use Play, I can promise you that.
    No you some times get things earlier, ie CoH was received by lots of people who pre-ordered on Thursday.

    I pre-ordered Naruto vol 1 from Play, it arrived 2 days before the official release. =)


    Exactly the same happened with me, and also for Star Wars Lego 2, DOW Winter Assault and a couple of things I can't think of off the top of my head.
  • X201 12 Sep 2006 23:02:12 20,710 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I got my DS-lite on release day from Play as I have with anything else I pre-ordered from them.
  • Whizzo 12 Sep 2006 23:39:25 44,807 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Play have been getting even better with pre-orders turning up before release date for me, which is nice.
  • Whizzo 12 Sep 2006 23:55:52 44,807 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Dunno about Play but Aldi are doing one for 40 quid.
  • JimJam 13 Sep 2006 00:04:40 769 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The one time I used gameplay, they ballsed up the pre-order completely. It was for KoTOR and I ended up receiving it 2 days after release. Still, I got my postage back.
  • tengu 8 May 2007 19:54:54 10,294 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.