Following Better Call Saul Page 51

Next Last
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Sep 2018 14:05:45 1,251 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That's were I see this ending up. Jimmy representing someone he knows is guilty against Kim's client and winning with Goodman dirty tricks, showmanship and hideous ties.
  • sunjumper 13 Sep 2018 14:53:02 3,429 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    That's were I see this ending up. Jimmy representing someone he knows is guilty against Kim's client and winning with Goodman dirty tricks, showmanship and hideous ties.
    I believe the main conflict will arise from Kim wanting the people to get a chance of doing the right thing, while Saul is working on them getting away with it.
    This is not going to end well.
  • Salaman 13 Sep 2018 15:00:03 23,221 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    sunjumper wrote:
    I agree with what Salaman said. The last episode sees Jimmy and Kim drifting apart and the things that kept Jimi on the "good" side of things are all drifting away. There is less and less reason for him not to become Saul Goodman. Having Mrs. Strauss die, Kim following her dream and leaving him behind.
    Interesting bit in the BCS podcast from the woman who wrote this episode. In her view of Kim and Jimmy's dynamic, Jimmy telling her he's not going to see the therapist she recommended because 'it's not his thing' gives her the liberty to pursue 'her thing'.

If Jimmy can do what feels right for Jimmy, Kim can do what feels right for Kim.

Hence the sudden visit at Schweikart.
  • sunjumper 13 Sep 2018 15:20:24 3,429 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    sunjumper wrote:
    I agree with what Salaman said. The last episode sees Jimmy and Kim drifting apart and the things that kept Jimi on the "good" side of things are all drifting away. There is less and less reason for him not to become Saul Goodman. Having Mrs. Strauss die, Kim following her dream and leaving him behind.
    Interesting bit in the BCS podcast from the woman who wrote this episode. In her view of Kim and Jimmy's dynamic, Jimmy telling her he's not going to see the therapist she recommended because 'it's not his thing' gives her the liberty to pursue 'her thing'.

If Jimmy can do what feels right for Jimmy, Kim can do what feels right for Kim.

Hence the sudden visit at Schweikart.
    I heared that too.
    I do wish the episode had made that a bit clearer. Listening to it it makes sense, especially as Kim should not give up on her dreams to support Jimmy who is obviously following his own whims at the moment.

One thing I did not like about the last episode was the Gus's story. While it has a great scene it changes in my eyes his personality. Before he semed to be mostly cold and pragmatic, being pushed toward his venguful behaviou by what happened to his partner as shown in Breaking Bad. Now it seems that he always was a bit of a monster.
  • Dirtbox 13 Sep 2018 19:33:33 90,768 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Not sure most of you get the point of this show.
    I'm not sure the show has a point.
    To tell the story of the transformation of Jimmy > Saul.
    It isn't though, it's telling the story of absolutely everyone sans Jesse and Walter wrapped up in a handy Saul shaped container.

I don't recommend going back to BB too soon, everyone looks so young compared.

Edited by Dirtbox at 19:34:20 13-09-2018
  • KnuttinAtoll 13 Sep 2018 22:16:06 5,907 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Not sure most of you get the point of this show.
    I'm not sure the show has a point.
    To tell the story of the transformation of Jimmy > Saul.
    It isn't though, it's telling the story of absolutely everyone sans Jesse and Walter wrapped up in a handy Saul shaped container.

I don't recommend going back to BB too soon, everyone looks so young compared.
    True, but I'm fine with that as I like pretty much all characters, in their own ways.

Fair point on BB revisit.
  • Fatiguez 14 Sep 2018 15:09:46 8,896 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I need something clarified.

What's with AMC's stance on 'fuck'? How come Howard can now say 'fuck you, Jimmy!' but Skyler had to tell Walt 'I - Ted'? I noticed it in Mad Men too, where it was muted in an earlier season but then spoken aloud later on. Did their policy change half way through? Something to do with different sources for the download? I don't understand.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 14 Sep 2018 15:21:38 422 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mike seems to get older (and more tired-looking) every episode, I fear he might not make it to the the season finale.
  • TPReview 14 Sep 2018 15:30:36 1,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @sunjumper I feel like it's showing us that Hector has always been Gus's weakness. He's cool and collected the rest of the time, but something about Hector always riles him up and makes him emotional, and stupid. That ties in nicely to Walt being the person to work that out in BB.
  • Dirtbox 14 Sep 2018 16:01:12 90,768 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hector killed Gus's boyfriend in a flashback in BB. They were practically married, so Gus has been slowly accumulating power and has been waiting for the exact moment when he can destroy everything Hector has while making him watch.

Edited by Dirtbox at 16:02:30 14-09-2018
  • Salaman 18 Sep 2018 15:09:50 23,221 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's past 4pm and I just realised it's BCS day today! Yaaaay!
  • whatfruitlivesagain 18 Sep 2018 15:28:49 1,251 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Fatiguez As someone who watched BB on Netflix Skylar said "i fucked Ted"
  • imamazed 18 Sep 2018 16:28:07 6,329 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @whatfruitlivesagain But then also on Netflix doesn't it censor the **** you line to Susan off of Friends?
  • askew 18 Sep 2018 16:47:19 17,347 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I recall a pair of boobs in the very first episode of Breaking Bad. Then, when I watched it on Netflix, they were gone :(
  • Tuffty 19 Sep 2018 00:29:36 4,193 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sooooo what's Kim's plan?
  • Mola_Ram 19 Sep 2018 00:47:55 18,442 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whatever it is, I imagine it's going to result in her getting fired or something.
  • Dirtbox 19 Sep 2018 04:22:53 90,768 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Her plan is to be shot out of a cannon into the sea and vanish completely.
  • fontgeeksogood 19 Sep 2018 07:23:24 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Her plan is to be shot out of a cannon into the sea and vanish completely.
    Noooooo
  • Dirtbox 19 Sep 2018 08:36:01 90,768 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You cannot thwart destiny.
  • fontgeeksogood 19 Sep 2018 08:57:51 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    She just goes off to a better life and marries me (this isn't part of the better bit)
  • RGeefe 19 Sep 2018 11:05:41 161 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    really glad they ramped up this pace this week. opening montage should have been done a few episodes before though as we've only got 3 eps left.

my guess is he's opening his own place by the end of the series and that's where we leave it - using a time jump for series 5.

no doubt Kim's getting fucked over. she wasn't willing to bend/ break the rules but the prosecutor's comments about Jimmy struck a chord.
  • the_milkybar_kid 19 Sep 2018 15:27:21 7,472 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah Kim's getting disbarred, isn't she? As meticulous as she is, she'll get caught out and lose her job. Really felt the undercurrent of tension between them. I don't like it.
  • askew 19 Sep 2018 15:39:03 17,347 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm enjoying Jimmy's sweatsuit collection :D
  • the_milkybar_kid 19 Sep 2018 15:42:31 7,472 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He looks like the bad guys from Spiderman.
  • Salaman 19 Sep 2018 22:24:00 23,221 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    Sooooo what's Kim's plan?
    No clue, although I read a suggestion by someone that seems plausible:

Protest signs. Get a crowd of protesters outside the court to protest against the racist police force or something similar.
  • DakeyrasUK 19 Sep 2018 22:28:09 1,954 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Loved the opening montage. Real gut punch finish to it with Kim's half fading to black. As if Jimmy realised at that point the relationship is done.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.