Better Call Saul Page 54

• Mola_Ram 3 Oct 2018 12:36:57 18,925 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It depends on how much they know, I guess.
  • Dirtbox 3 Oct 2018 12:38:17 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    I'm a bit disappointed in Werner going from professional builder for the underworld to homesick teenager within the space of one episode.
    I guess his episode when he was fixing the demolition wiring told him something is seriously wrong with him health-wise
    What health concerns? Did I miss something?

Werner fixed the wiring in this latest episode, but I don't remember another episode where he fixes wiring and suspects he has health issues.
    Haha jesus. Did you actually watch the episode?
  • Zerobob 3 Oct 2018 12:57:07 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    I'm a bit disappointed in Werner going from professional builder for the underworld to homesick teenager within the space of one episode.
    I guess his episode when he was fixing the demolition wiring told him something is seriously wrong with him health-wise

Werner fixed the wiring in this latest episode, but I don't remember another episode where he fixes wiring and suspects he has health issues.
    OK so, to clarify, we're taking exclusively about the latest episode? Forumite Salaman mentioned "his episode where he was fixing the demolition wiring" so I assumed he was talking about a previous episode where Werner was concerned for his health. Or did Salaman make a typo and "his" should have read "this"?

Regardless, in the latest episode Werner went in to fix the demolition wiring, had a mini mental breakdown - presumably linked to missing his wife - coughed on some dust, pulled himself together, fixed the wiring, then returned to Mike. I took it that he had some mental health issues, but not necessarily physical health issues.
  • Tuffty 3 Oct 2018 13:13:54 4,245 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I took it that Werner had a panic attack when he was trying to fix the wiring, presumably because he's dealing with explosives and dancing pretty close with death should anything go wrong. It's that along with the knowledge of who he's working for, the setbacks which is delaying the project completion date further out than expected and just missing his wife from being away for so long is what set him off. You see Mike pick up what looks to be plans Werner laid out for the rest of the crew as he left. In my mind, he doesn't see himself doing anything wrong. Mike's proposal is reasonable, the completion is closer than ever, Werner just has to knuckle through it and never worry again but Werner just can't see past it.

I have no issues with the pace of the series, perhaps because I know what the end game is anyway. I enjoy BCS more as a character study than advancing any kind of narrative. Plus I just really enjoy these characters, this setting, the cinematography etc that I really don't mind at all.

Edited by Tuffty at 13:16:05 03-10-2018
  • Mola_Ram 3 Oct 2018 13:17:11 18,925 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I think it's just a different kind of show to BB. While I think it could be moving a little faster in some areas, it's not something that's really turning me off the show.
  • Dirtbox 3 Oct 2018 13:36:34 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Regardless, in the latest episode Werner went in to fix the demolition wiring, had a mini mental breakdown - presumably linked to missing his wife - coughed on some dust, pulled himself together, fixed the wiring, then returned to Mike. I took it that he had some mental health issues, but not necessarily physical health issues.
    Health = mental and physical issues.
  • Zerobob 3 Oct 2018 14:10:48 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    Health = mental and physical issues.
    I thought you might make that point, but I think we both know you wouldn't describe Werner's predicament of missing his wife as "something seriously wrong with him health-wise" as Salaman did.

Ultimately I didn't miss or misinterpret anything, apart from Salaman's unfortunate typo. I forgive your response, but please don't be so ready to jump down people's throats in the future for simply asking a legitimate question. It doesn't make for a good community.
  • Dirtbox 3 Oct 2018 15:13:14 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Haha, twat.
  • Dirtbox 3 Oct 2018 15:18:36 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Also this show has missed the boat to it's own purpose. It's just passing time and going nowhere. I'm sure it'll wind into something somewhere, but this whole meandering path to the promise of far more interesting times as a cartel lawyer who pulls rabbits out of his arse to keep stone cold killers out of jail just isn't going to be delivered any time soon, or maybe ever at this rate.
  • the_milkybar_kid 3 Oct 2018 15:36:54 7,745 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dirtbox At this point I fully expect the show to end (next season is the last, isn't it) with Saul opening his practice. My expectations from this show was seeing how Jimmy gets there and seeing him fully balls deep in the Criminal Lawyer stuff, being shady as fuck, wearing properly out there suits is the reason I started watching. With a good peppering of entwining into Breaking Bad. It's called Better Call Saul after all.

I've enjoyed most of the series, but I do feel a bit shortchanged. I let out a sign when Hector's nephew started to produce the bell and it's origin.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 15:45:51 03-10-2018
  • whatfruitlivesagain 3 Oct 2018 15:43:16 1,443 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @the_milkybar_kid A better name for the series would have been Slippin With Jimmy.
  • Tuffty 3 Oct 2018 15:50:42 4,245 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think everyone assumed that's what the show was going to be when it was announced, but I remember then a lot of people were saying "Oh it's just a lazy idea so they can cash in on the Breaking Bad name, we don't need to see this" etc. That seemed to be everyones expectations of this so I'm glad the writers actually gave us something different. I think a lot of the enjoyment of it is dependent on having seen BB first, but as a companion piece, I can't really think of many prequels which have done it as good as BCS.

Edited by Tuffty at 15:51:27 03-10-2018
  • Dirtbox 3 Oct 2018 16:30:08 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    We all assumed that's where it would go, but no one thought it would take 4 whole seasons and still not even so much as a whiff of it.
  • Salaman 3 Oct 2018 17:29:51 23,334 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    Salaman wrote:

OK so, to clarify, we're taking exclusively about the latest episode? Forumite Salaman mentioned "his episode where he was fixing the demolition wiring" so I assumed he was talking about a previous episode where Werner was concerned for his health. Or did Salaman make a typo and "his" should have read "this"?

I meant his 'episode' as his little breakdown, panic attack or whatever it was down there in this latest episode of BCS. Poor choice of words looking back on it now.

Just taking of like feels it of character for him.
    Maybe he had a panic attack and thought he had a minor heart attack? Now he will risk his life to try and get back to his wife before he has a major heart attack and never sees her again.

Idunno. Just trying to make some sense of it with the clues provided. It's not often on this show that something feels off like that.
  • captain-Snufkin 3 Oct 2018 21:41:32 763 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    We all assumed that's where it would go, but no one thought it would take 4 whole seasons and still not even so much as a whiff of it.
    He's not even a lawyer again for another year. It really did feel like episode 3, not 9!
  • hedben2013 3 Oct 2018 21:45:29 853 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't believe Werner's claim that he's just missing his wife, something else is going on. The scene where they were listening in on his phonecall was weirdly detailed, like they're going to call back to it later when we learn his real motivation for doing a runner.
  • SnackPlissken 4 Oct 2018 21:55:48 457 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Well I was partly right that one of the Germans is going to die.
  • Gruff 5 Oct 2018 11:23:44 3,367 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    I don't believe Werner's claim that he's just missing his wife, something else is going on. The scene where they were listening in on his phonecall was weirdly detailed, like they're going to call back to it later when we learn his real motivation for doing a runner.
    I got the impression that Werner is gay, whe whole boys night out thing that he wasn't really involved with, the scene at the bar, the comment he made about him being a mothers boy.

Either that or my Gaydar needs recalibrating
  • Dirtbox 5 Oct 2018 11:26:36 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He was just being German.
  • Gruff 5 Oct 2018 11:33:10 3,367 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Of course, I was missing the obvious :-)
  • SnackPlissken 5 Oct 2018 11:48:24 457 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Is this some fan fic? Are you picturing Werner sucking off Mike?
  • Gruff 5 Oct 2018 13:00:57 3,367 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Errr No, but you obviously were....
  • Dirtbox 5 Oct 2018 13:08:49 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Weren't we all?
  • whatfruitlivesagain 9 Oct 2018 17:54:59 1,443 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What an ending!
  • Dirtbox 9 Oct 2018 18:01:16 90,916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Next season will probably be the last one. Should be worth a watch.

In 2020.

Edited by Dirtbox at 18:01:26 09-10-2018
  • askew 9 Oct 2018 18:31:58 18,021 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :o :o :o

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.