Following Diablo 3 Page 424

• quadfather 8 Nov 2018 18:52:02 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3

Yeah it is a bit, but it isn't on later levels. Also, the pesky fucks constantly run off and bring more elites in 'for a laugh' :) it's fun though after pure melee with the monk, which is the main thing. I like to be able to play with a drink and a smoke etc

I've never tried a crusader - I'll get round to it at some point
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Nov 2018 18:55:58 4,437 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Lol, I am tempted to sack it off and try out a wizard/monk or go back to necro.
  • quadfather 8 Nov 2018 19:10:10 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3

Yeah I'm going to stick with necro for a bit more now I'm nearly 70 just to see the progression.

It's a great character for me though - suits my playstyle. I don't do any devouring or consuming of corpses - it's all about the mass explosions and absolute carnage for me. Paired with the enchantress buffing/debuffing, I'm kinda in and out of the action which I find pretty cool.
  • AddyJB 8 Nov 2018 19:33:02 332 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I'm still noobing my way through the story with a monk. Lots of fun though.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 8 Nov 2018 21:43:52 319 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I just got my crusader to level 12 and killed the Skelton King. I was very surprised to find a weapon has been posted to me by a Forumite which I'm more using.

I managed to give us all food poisoning today and had a shit day at work, so mindless bashing up of things was good.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Nov 2018 23:17:19 4,437 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I got my monk to lvl 20, was enjoying the flow of combat a lot more than with the crusader... then realised I was one difficulty down at the beginning.
  • GarlVinland 8 Nov 2018 23:21:28 3,751 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Makes me tempted to load up my Unhallowed Essence Demon Hunter again.

/twitches
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2018 00:15:41 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hm, demon Hunter you say.,..
  • neems 9 Nov 2018 06:45:50 4,160 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood

I think that might have been me, assuming that you're on Switch. Sometimes legendary items drop as gifts for other players.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 9 Nov 2018 06:57:06 319 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @neems it was you thanks. I got a very nice axe that's glowing with a pale green light and which is way better than my previous flail. It was a nice surprise to see a note and expect it to be some sort of in game message and instead find a gift :)
  • GuybrushFreepwood 9 Nov 2018 06:58:55 319 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Thinking of doing that too.

To be honest, I'm probably going to run all classes through Act 1 so I get a feel for them again.
  • neems 9 Nov 2018 07:33:51 4,160 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As much as I love the game, I do feel that Act 1 is the best bit. Although I also like any enclosed dungeon with wall to wall enemies.

Apparently this is what monks do.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Nov 2018 08:41:59 4,437 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    oh man... the seasonal gear just destroys lower torment levels.

i just plowed through a torment 2 rift in about 8 minutes... bumped it up to 4 though and it is easy to die lol.
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2018 11:36:02 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Thinking of doing that too.

To be honest, I'm probably going to run all classes through Act 1 so I get a feel for them again.
    Yeah I'm going to do the same I think. Necro is on 70 doing rifts now and is good fun, but I still want to piss about with other characters
  • GuybrushFreepwood 9 Nov 2018 12:37:05 319 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @quadfather Its got the advantage that you can shove all your rares into your stash and use them with your other characters as they're coming through the ranks.

I've got three characters so far; monk, necromancer and crusader. All have been fun. Maybe crusader the most as I've not really played it before and its similar to a monk in a tin can... with a big axe.
  • Rivuzu 9 Nov 2018 12:47:12 17,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How is Switch performance? Not played D3 since vanilla on PC, so this is very tempting.
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2018 12:50:29 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood

Yup, I've already chucked a few choice items in the stash ready.

I know all classes are good in their own way, but literally blowing up the entire screen in one go with the necro is hugely satisfying. I've not even got the recommended skills or gear - just having too much fun blowing shit up repeatedly. I suppose I should focus on the seasonal set gifts though.
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2018 12:51:03 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    How is Switch performance? Not played D3 since vanilla on PC, so this is very tempting.
    Apparently, it's the bollocks, but I'm back on ps4 with it. The other guys here all day the switch version is good though.
  • Rivuzu 9 Nov 2018 12:53:01 17,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ok. I'll do it. I like the idea of just running Hardcore Seasonal characters until I eventually hang myself with the USB-C Switch cord.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 9 Nov 2018 12:57:03 319 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Switch version is as good as my recollections of the PC. I've seen no slow down or anything.

"Apparently" there is a reduction in some of the effects (like explosions) and I read you can see a very slight slow down in four player at times. On a 4K screen apparently the player characters look a little lower resolution than the rest of the screen. But as far as I'm concerned it plays just as good as the PC I had. Sound is really great and on a 56" TV it looks amazing.

In hand held its good, with good sound. My old eyes have to squint to read some things, but that's because I'm old. I'm getting used to the console controls. Inventory management is a little slower, but not massively so.
  • Rivuzu 9 Nov 2018 13:03:06 17,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll be playing this exclusively in handheld, so more opinions on that side would be appreciated!
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Nov 2018 13:05:16 4,437 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Rivuzu itís great on switch
  • Rivuzu 9 Nov 2018 13:09:17 17,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    It's your attention to detail and depth of explanation that I appreciate most about you young Grax.
  • DJCopa 9 Nov 2018 13:15:23 1,659 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Only played in handheld, looks great, no slowdowns, happy customer.
  • neems 9 Nov 2018 13:16:51 4,160 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rivuzu

Handheld is great, almost entirely 60fps @ 1280 x 720. Image is really crisp, though it did get a little bit soft at one point late game (I think it uses a dynamic resolution).

Digital Foundry managed to tank the framerate into the 40s by filling the screen with effects, but this is rare.

Basically it looks and controls like the xbox 360 version, but runs better at a higher resolution, even in handheld.
  • Rivuzu 9 Nov 2018 13:19:21 17,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's me convinced, ta'.

Lets go, hardcore seasonal meatgrinder!
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Nov 2018 13:47:33 4,437 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    It's your attention to detail and depth of explanation that I appreciate most about you young Grax.
    do you need anything more though?

I have played the switch version every day since release, the ability to jump straight into adventures is what has kept my interest (whereas i fell off the xbox and ps4 versions mid story after completing 1.0 on PC).

It looks, sounds and most importantly plays like diablo 3.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 9 Nov 2018 14:18:10 319 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I've just spent an hour during my lunch in handheld. Music and sound effects were great and loud and clear. No slow downs at all and everything looked clear. Was easy to play with the joycons on the side of the switch. Battery life is about 3 hours tops.

I'm now level 14. The legendary that neems sent me is cutting through minions and bosses alike.

And like Grax said, it's great just thinking "oops, time to go back to work" and hitting the power button knowing that it will be there again in exactly the same place when I go again.
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2018 18:27:27 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Hahaha
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2018 18:41:27 33,250 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In other news I cannot stop playing my necro. Fuck my top hat, it's a pure killing machine now I've got some decent gear. Put it on torment and got straight back into the groove. These season challenges are cool too. I can see a late night coming up.

Edit - also, I must be getting old. I thought you could access stuff in the stash from other characters? Or is that only non-seasonal characters? Not done much season stuff before. I've got a few billion gold on my monk that my necro desperately needs!

Edited by quadfather at 18:43:04 09-11-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.