Diablo 3 Page 430

• Deleted user 21 November 2018 11:34:48
    Malek86 wrote:
    When it comes to Grifts, is it usually faster to ignore mobs and run straight for the elite packs, or do you ultimately need the extra charge between elites to clear the rift as quickly as possible?
    Depends on your class I think. Some builds like Shadow DH and Firebird Wiz are elite hunters, the former is geared towards single target DPS and the latter gets max buffs automatically when engaging elites so it's more efficient just to rush them.

Others like Roland Sader are about maintaining stacks of buffs for both damage and survivability and they'd drop off if you didn't engage consistently, so you'd have to fight normal mobs just to maintain them.

tl;dr burst damage, go elite hunting. Sustaining buffs, kill everything.
  • Deleted user 21 November 2018 11:39:44
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Also, finally got the forth piece for my Shadow set. Permanent Shadow Power! RUN EVERYWHERE, LOOK COOL, DAMAGE REDUCTION, OTHER THINGS?

Now I just need the last two pieces to do an additional 50,000% damage to the first enemy I impale. Or I might mix it up a little.

It's still a ridiculously good build. Ignore mobs, pop vengeance and fan of blades for defence, run and hunt elites/giant packs in rifts, obliterate everything.

Do need to optimise gear though. Struggling at anything beyond T10.
    The Shadow set used to be complete shit but it underwent a major overhaul and I love what they did with it. Fits the assassin role perfectly. I use a variation that swaps fan of knives for Chakram as a generator and it's the badass ninja game I always wanted.
  • Rivuzu 21 Nov 2018 11:55:33 17,692 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @GarlVinland I don't seem to have a problem with generating hatred, so long as I'm not one-shotting things. Using the dagger that returns 15 hatred if Impale hits an Impaled enemy + Holy Point quiver to sling out 3 daggers, + ricochet Impale.

Lower difficulties can be difficult though, oddly. If everything dies immediately, I can't get the proc! But I can't survive too high a torment with my current defence! Wahhhh. Settling for midground right now.
  • Malek86 21 Nov 2018 12:05:03 8,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @GarlVinland Inna's Monk, with an extra of tier 4 Monkey King set and a dash of Focus + Restraint, plus Spirit Guards and Kyoshiro's Soul. Gems are generally passive so whatever, except for Bane of the Powerful.

So yeah, my stats do depend on killing things and keeping skills/buffs active. However, I build up those buffs extremely quickly (pretty much I just need to press a button and attack one enemy), so it doesn't matter that much. On the other hand, going between elites quickly lets me take advantage of the Bane of the Powerful more easily. Sweeping Wind runs out if I don't get criticals for a while, but with Tempest Rush and a 40% chance for crits, I usually don't even need to stop running for that.

I did just try a Grift 60 where I only went for elite packs. I had to be careful to reactivate Sweeping Wind when it occasionally ran out, and because Spirit Guards don't kick in if I don't hit an enemy with my primary, it meant my defense was reduced. But overall, I made it handily in less than 8 minutes. It wasn't my record, but that would also depend on the pylons and the dungeon layout.

Edited by Malek86 at 12:09:02 21-11-2018
  • Deleted user 21 November 2018 12:05:28
    @Rivuzu I'll be honest, I prefer Chakram purely because giant shuriken fits my headcanon better than a knife twirl. :) Viable schmiable, style is too important to me!
  • neems 21 Nov 2018 12:50:56 4,282 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Malek86

You could always get the Kyoshiro belt that keeps Sweeping Wind ticking. Combine with Vengeful Wind (?) fist weapon for 10 stacks.

I feel that Sunyuko is more useful than Inna (more powerful at any rate), but combine the Inna set with Crudest Boots for double Mystic Ally mayhem.
  • Malek86 21 Nov 2018 13:02:24 8,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @neems I already have all of that. At this point, I don't think I can tweak my build any further.

Also, Kyoshiro's Soul only keeps the Wind going as long as it doesn't hit any enemies. So if you are running through them, the skill will slowly decay again.

Not a big deal, overall. I can reactivate it easily, and with my critical rate, it takes a very short time to build up all 10 stacks even against bosses.

I like the new 6-tier Sunwuko bonus, but it depends too much on resource spending skills. My spirit generation is not quite that great, although if I could increase it to the point where Tempest Rush can be used indefinitely, it might be an interesting idea.
  • Malek86 21 Nov 2018 13:20:16 8,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, if I can find another Balance (I used mine to extract the power), or at least another Vengeful Wind (also used it up), I can try and make a Tempest Rush-based build. I seem to have everything else I need.

Edited by Malek86 at 13:20:32 21-11-2018
  • yegon 21 Nov 2018 13:59:13 6,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    @yegon I didnt think they asked you to do the set dungeon until you have the full set. have you already got your seasonal set items on another toon?

Fastest way to get items you require is upgrade rares to legs. Use the cube to upgrade the type of item you require (pants, boots etc.)

If you already have dupes of set items then use the cube to reroll it as another item in the set
    Ill try some cube business, thanks.

Itís the slayer section of the journey, done everything else except the ďSet me freeĒ challenge, which requires completing a set dungeon. Still on my first char on the Switch version, a Monk. .
  • crashVoodoo 21 Nov 2018 15:51:40 6,190 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @yegon If you're on slayer you should have already done chapters 1-4. Check your mailbox for the Haedrig rewards You should have 3 bags with 2 set pieces each for the toon you're playing

Not sure on switch but if it's like the PS4 interface then something like game menu > season journey > chapter > view rewards iirc

Edited by crashVoodoo at 15:56:32 21-11-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Nov 2018 16:06:04 4,957 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @yegon crashvoodoo is almost right. If you go to the seasons screen and select look up reward, you can claim it from that screen.

Then go to your item box and do what crash suggests.
  • neems 21 Nov 2018 16:14:48 4,282 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Malek86

I do sometimes use Tempest Rush for speed farming, but like you say resource gen is a bit of a ball ache. I mostly use half price Wave of Light, but even then a lot of my skills are focused on spirit.
  • yegon 21 Nov 2018 17:21:08 6,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh wow thanks crashvoodoo/Graxlar, had no idea, I'll have a look after.

EDIT: DUH! The set was sat there waiting for me lol, I hadnít a clue. CHeers chaps!

Edited by yegon at 17:56:26 21-11-2018
  • neems 21 Nov 2018 20:53:06 4,282 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the bus home, level 48 barbarian, just finished the bounties for Act 1, I'm rocking a level 70 sword and some shit armour. I go to Kadala, pick bracers first. Legendary! Nice.

Amulet? Legendary, first time.
    Helmet? Legendary, first time.

Every piece of armour, one go, get a legendary. Only had enough for one ring and didn't need a weapon (got a shield though) but everything else.

Almost made up for the fact I had to wait 40 minutes for the bus.
  • quadfather 22 Nov 2018 08:24:09 33,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @neems

Nice!

Just out of interest, what difficulty is your barb on when you got those legendarys?
  • neems 22 Nov 2018 10:54:40 4,282 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @quadfather

I started on Master, had to buy some armour from the merchant (I think my levelling was outstripping my gear values, as my damage was fine but past a certain point I could get one shot with alarming ease) and then once I was viable I put it on Torment.

I managed to run my first rift right after my uber merchant experience, went in at level 48 and came out at level 52.
  • Mola_Ram 23 Nov 2018 11:28:47 19,196 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just started this on Switch, with a... *shudder*... Barbarian.

And man oh man, if I hadn't already put hundreds of hours into the pc version, I'd imagine being horribly confused with it all. There's ever so much stuff, with the paragon levels and the horadric cubes and the seasons and rifts and bounties and everything. It even mentions those things (rifts and bounties and such) when you're doing the campaign, where they're completely irrelevant.

This isn't a complaint or anything, really. Just an observation. Looking forward to getting back into it!

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:29:33 23-11-2018
  • quadfather 23 Nov 2018 12:40:41 33,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neems wrote:
    @quadfather

I started on Master, had to buy some armour from the merchant (I think my levelling was outstripping my gear values, as my damage was fine but past a certain point I could get one shot with alarming ease) and then once I was viable I put it on Torment.

I managed to run my first rift right after my uber merchant experience, went in at level 48 and came out at level 52.
    Cool, nice one.

As I've completely started from scratch again I no longer have any ease gems or sets or anything so starting on master is difficult.

Best I can do is wait till I can get a weapon with a slot and then put the highest level red gem I have and then focus on vit gear + defense to muddle through
  • prettyvacant 23 Nov 2018 13:39:05 194 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I've just started this on Switch, with a... *shudder*... Barbarian.

How does the barbarian play on the switch , on the pc I remember having to click on every new target , can you point in a direction and just hold the attack buttons down ?
  • Malek86 23 Nov 2018 14:40:40 8,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just cleared a Grift 67, but had quite a bit of trouble. Died twice, even. And with only three minutes to spare.

I wonder if I can make it to 70. Maybe if I get lucky with pylons.

Edited by Malek86 at 14:41:14 23-11-2018
  • neems 23 Nov 2018 22:36:47 4,282 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @prettyvacant

Yeah just hold down 'A'.
  • prettyvacant 23 Nov 2018 22:51:39 194 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers , mashing the button all the time was just too much , on the other hand now I have to buy fucking diablo on the switch .
  • Malek86 23 Nov 2018 23:02:41 8,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    prettyvacant wrote:
    How does the barbarian play on the switch , on the pc I remember having to click on every new target
    Wait, what is this, Diablo 1?
  • Mola_Ram 23 Nov 2018 23:46:25 19,196 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah, you just swing in whatever direction you're facing. It's the equivalent of firing while holding Shift in the pc version.
  • captbirdseye 23 Nov 2018 23:50:53 9,038 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Spin to win.
  • Mola_Ram 23 Nov 2018 23:58:58 19,196 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I miss my stabby witch doctor pets :(
  • b-rk 24 Nov 2018 04:11:59 818 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Just nabbed the Xbox One version for 16 quid. Having got fed up with Destiny 2 thisíll scratch my loot itch nicely. Comes with various DLC I didnít get around to playing on the 360 version. 4K patch, too. Nice.
  • Mola_Ram 24 Nov 2018 22:57:42 19,196 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh, I forgot how much fun a leap/frenzy barbarian was.
  • quadfather 24 Nov 2018 23:06:20 33,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok, so I've started a witch doctor

Omg

Ok, I'm only early levels but the sounds! The blowpipe is so cool.

I'm throwing jars of spiders at the enemies

Never thought I'd say that.

Bonkers

Like it
  • Mola_Ram 24 Nov 2018 23:08:01 19,196 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just wait until you start throwing frogs.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.