Following Fed up with Colds and Flu

First Previous
  • Nemesis 8 Feb 2005 12:32:40 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    THREE.

THREE in the space of 2 months. I'm sitting at home aching like a teenager's nutsack and coughing and spluttering like I've only got one lung or something.

/feels fucking terrible.

Some clever bint mentioned Echinacea....which sound like a smaller yapper-type dog, but APPARENTLY helps your immune system cope better.

/eats another grape, feels unloved by the world.

AND I can't play WoW cos the beta is over. C..ts.
  • Whizzo 8 Feb 2005 12:34:49 44,765 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Didn't you get CoH at the weekend? Install that and get some crimes busted.
  • Nemesis 8 Feb 2005 12:36:24 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's one of those things whereby I feel so shite I haven't the energy for games.

Shocking.

/barely able to depress keys

I only popped in cos I was feeling lonely.
  • Lutz 8 Feb 2005 12:36:33 48,872 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    /wondered why the mic wasn't working
  • Nemesis 8 Feb 2005 12:38:13 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    /sorry

Bloody telly is driving me up the wall. 30 minute show is interrupted by 6 minute adverts. The same adverts. Bloody fucking same cunting adverts. So I mute it, go to sleep, wake up and they are STILL going.

Then the next section of the show starts and what do they do? They recap on what happened in the first part. Talk about pad everything out.

/gives up on the Extreme channel
  • pjmaybe 8 Feb 2005 12:38:45 70,666 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oi, I'M the only one around here who's allowed to make nutsack gags.

Half the workforce here are off with flu or colds. It just doesn't seem to go away, it just sits there waiting to flare up.

Peej
  • Whizzo 8 Feb 2005 12:39:18 44,765 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Daytime TV = Crazy Frog advert 10 bazillion times a day.
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Feb 2005 12:45:07 21,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Funnily enough after giving up ciggies your immune system should be working better. Things to try are Honey and Lemon drinks, less coffee etc since caffiene propogates mucus etc. Also give pumpkin seeds a try, they're quite fattening in large doses but help a lot with this kind of thing.
  • rare_uk 8 Feb 2005 12:45:56 3,612 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    /sorry

Bloody telly is driving me up the wall. 30 minute show is interrupted by 6 minute adverts. The same adverts. Bloody fucking same cunting adverts. So I mute it, go to sleep, wake up and they are STILL going.

I always find the Norton Finance ad pops up loads of time during the day - with that arse with a smug smile walking the tightrope. Injury claim ads. All these people are at home they gonna claim against themselves.
  • pjmaybe 8 Feb 2005 12:46:12 70,666 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Daytime TV = Crazy Frog advert 10 bazillion times a day.

I notice they've now started putting a "censored" rectangle over his penis now too...see, moaning about it on EG forums WORKS!

Peej
  • Nemesis 8 Feb 2005 12:49:55 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh no, Crazy Frog has been replaced by some Sweetie cartoon bird character.

It's a THOUSAND times worse.

Also, they ran a Time Life advert for the Best Soul Album EVAH that just went on and on for about 5 minutes. There's some Soul Diva bird giving it the Tales Of The Unexpected dance moves.

Well, they've replaced that. Now we get some Urban bollocks and 10 Chavs in their lowered Saxo's. Every advert break. 5 minutes of Chavs.

Fucks sake.
  • Salaman 8 Feb 2005 12:49:59 23,034 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    /hands Nemesis a cup of sympathy

That sucks man. :-(.
    I was in bad most of Sunday and yesterday with a (slight) fever and a nasty cough.

My one collegue is off sick, my boss is in although he shold probably be in bed.

We've got an open workplace with about 60-70 people here and most of the background noise is coughing. Constant oughing from all angles.

/puts on facemask
    /sprays desinfectant
  • Nemesis 8 Feb 2005 12:51:24 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I can't bear many more ads, I'm gonna have to go back to work!
  • pjmaybe 8 Feb 2005 12:53:36 70,666 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Watch the Beeb Nem, then all you've got to put up with is the self-congratulatory "The licence fee is only 10 p a day? That's not enough, why I'd pay a pound at least!" style crap instead of chavstuff

Peej
  • p3rks 8 Feb 2005 12:54:00 1,097 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Funnily enough after giving up ciggies your immune system should be working better.

Hmmm, I gave up a year ago and i've had a cold ever since... seriously, wake up with a blocked nose every single day. Still worth it though...
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Feb 2005 12:56:53 21,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    p3rks wrote:
    Hmmm, I gave up a year ago and i've had a cold ever since... seriously, wake up with a blocked nose every single day. Still worth it though...
    Ahhh but cigarettes dry up the mucus. It's a bit weird but while your system is in better working order you also don't dry up the mucus quite as effectively. I don't really know that much about it really. Just what I hear and experience.

The worst advert is either the elephant car insurance or confused.com...they piss me off.

Edited by Mr Sleep at 12:58:29 08-02-2005
  • Mike_Hunt 8 Feb 2005 13:22:49 23,524 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Where can one contact the sick man if he's not at work? Can you still get to your ITV mail remotely?

[MH]
  • Nemesis 8 Feb 2005 13:23:59 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I should be back in tomorrow, I can't deal with the boredom!

Lutz has my home email, should you be unable to contain thyself any longer.
  • Tiger_Walts 8 Feb 2005 14:46:46 16,674 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was laid up the other week after somehow getting tonsilitis.

Felt like I had been gargling with shrapnel. Doc said the only things I needed were antibiotics to help the infection and any sort of analgesic/anti-inflamatory for the main symptoms.

A simple 500mg paracetemol did more good than any other remedy for combating sore throats, fevers and headaches. Plus you can safely pop more of them than you are allowed flu remedies like Lemsip.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2005 14:49:26
    p3rks wrote:
    Funnily enough after giving up ciggies your immune system should be working better.

Ahh. So its the cocaine then?
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Feb 2005 14:54:09 21,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tiger_Walts wrote:
    I was laid up the other week after somehow getting tonsilitis.

Felt like I had been gargling with shrapnel. Doc said the only things I needed were antibiotics to help the infection and any sort of analgesic/anti-inflamatory for the main symptoms.
    Had the same problem last year and the doctors didn't help at all, it kept reaccuring for weeks and in the end I just fought it on my own without any drugs and finally cured it.
  • Tiger_Walts 8 Feb 2005 15:04:17 16,674 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A week's course of penicillin did the job for me. The infection went almost immediately. The Dr did tell me to start with a high dose and then finishe the course normally though.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2005 15:04:37
    Had a major chest infection last year for about 2 months. All bubbly when I breathed out etc....

Was given some heavy duty ant-inflammatories but they were shit. Half a bottle of single malt knocked the core of it into oblivion and then it was a case of snuffling for a couple of weeks b4 it finally fucked off. Gave up smoking pre-rolled fags since (as A-T may recall ;0) and so far this year I have not had any infections.....
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Feb 2005 15:12:04 21,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tiger_Walts wrote:
    A week's course of penicillin did the job for me. The infection went almost immediately. The Dr did tell me to start with a high dose and then finishe the course normally though.
    Well they tried four different prescriptions, all of which cured it in the short term. I think the scotch I had might have helped too.
  • wobbler147 7 Nov 2006 15:16:16 5,192 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fruit_Salad wrote:
    I feel like a bag 'o' shit tied up in the middle.

/sneezes.
    /coughs.
    /dies.

+1 for the last month!
  • Murbs 7 Nov 2006 15:35:26 23,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /hasn't had a cold since September 2005

Do you want to know my secret?

Gargle with water and spit twice a day.
  • Tiger_Walts 7 Nov 2006 15:56:23 16,674 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Since I moved house and no longer required use of the bus as part of my commute the number of illnesses I've had has plummeted.
  • morriss 7 Nov 2006 15:57:06 71,290 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've got the beginnings of the flu atm. :(
  • Deleted user 7 November 2006 15:58:16
    I thought this thread was offering some kind of miracle cure :(
  • First Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.