Author Signings / Appearances

• YenRug 26 Oct 2013 00:18:54 4,553 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought I'd make a generic thread, rather than an author specific one, so apologies if you miss this and want to complain after you've missed the one I've come to post about!

PATRICK ROTHFUSS

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2013/10/upcoming-appearances-england-spain-and-stevens-point/

This year, World Fantasy Con is is England. Brighton, to be specific.

That means for the first time in more than four years, Im heading over the big water.

And since Im going to be over in England, it seems a little silly for me not to do a couple events.

And if Im going to do a couple stops in England, it would be impolite for me not to swing by Spain for at least a couple days. Because I have a *lot* of readers there, and I had to cancel my tour plans there a couple years ago.

Brighton

Before World Fantasy con gets going, though, Ive got an event at the local Waterstones.

Thursday, October 31
    7:30 pm
    Reading, Q&A, and Signing
    Waterstones, 71-74 North Street
    Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1ZA
    Facebook Event

Theres somewhat limited seating at this event, so theyre requesting that you call and reserve a place in advance. The phone number is: 012732 06017

The convention is sold out, but if youre already attending, my events are:

Friday, November 1
    3:30-4 Reading Hall 8B
    7-10 - Mass Signing - Oxford Suite

Saturday, November 2
    10-11am Best of all Possible Worlds Cambridge

Oxford

After the con, Im heading over to Oxford University, who have kindly asked me to come speak, do an event weve lovingly called An Evening with Pat Rothfuss, and run it all as a fundraiser for Worldbuilders. (Note: I made a special point of using the Oxford comma in that sentence.)

Attending is free, but they will be happy to take a donation at the door.

Monday, November 4
    7:00 pm
    Reading, signing, and Q&A.
    Harris Manchester College, Old Dining Room
    Mansfield Road, OX1 3TD
    Oxford
    Facebook Event

Theyve asked people to RSVP, just so they can get a headcount and be properly prepared for the event. If youre planning on coming, it would be a good idea for you to e-mail them at president@oxfordworldbuilders.org.uk

London

Next stop is London, where Im doing a joint signing event with Scott Lynch. Ive recently been rereading the Gentleman Bastard books, so this is going to be a real treat to hang out with Scott and sign some books for yall. Afterward theyve set aside a bit of space for people to talk and do some informal Q&A at The Phoenix, a restaurant nearby, so keep that in mind as well.

November 5, 2013
    6:00 pm
    Forbidden Planet
    179 Shaftesbury Avenue
    London WC2H 8JR
    Q&A to follow at The Phoenix
    Facebook Event

Spanish events

Barcelona

In Spain, Ill be making a few different stops. Ill have two events in Barcelona, with the first being a full reading, q&a, and signing. Im going to go far, *far* outside my comfort zone, and try to read The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle in Spanish.

November 6, 2013
    7:00 pm
    Reading, Q&A, and Signing
    Conference Hall of Random House Mondadori
    Travessera de Gracia, 47-49. 08021 Barcelona
    Facebook Event

The second two events, Ill just be signing books not reading.

November 7, 2013
    7:00 8:30pm
    Signing
    La Casa del Llibre
    Passeig de Grcia, 62
    Barcelona
    Facebook event

Madrid

November 8, 2013
    7:30 pm
    Signing
    Forum Fnac Callao
    Preciados, 28. 28013 Madrid
    Facebook Event
    I've just had my RSVP acknowledged for the Oxford reading, just need to book some time off work.

Edited by YenRug at 00:21:23 26-10-2013
  • Deleted user 26 October 2013 07:59:25
    Erm, Katie Price is coming to Macclesfield next week.

Does she count?
  • Deleted user 26 October 2013 09:07:26
    Probably not, she isn't the brightest.
  • DaM 26 Oct 2013 09:13:38 17,602 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    Erm, Katie Price is coming to Macclesfield next week.

Does she count?
    She visited one of the companies in our building, did a massive shite in the toilet, but didn't flush it, the manky cow. According to people allowed in the ladies bogs anyway.
  • superdelphinus 26 Oct 2013 09:38:19 10,478 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    "World fantasy con"

Fuck me
  • Deleted user 26 October 2013 09:50:07
    @DaM Did you obtain a piece?

So you could feel part of the celeb world, innit?
  • YenRug 5 Nov 2013 21:16:19 4,553 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, an enjoyable night, last night, entertained for a hour and a half and my 3 books signed.

• Deleted user 5 November 2013 21:29:03
    huh_what wrote:
    Rothfuss is such a spergy goon.
    I recognise those syllables, but not in that order.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.