Persona 5 Page 67

• Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2020 22:08:52 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Yeah, it's probably the trickiest fight in the game. Some people have got past it by jacking the difficulty up to max - it makes your elemental attacks do mad damage. Alternatively, the trick is basically to keep as many baton passes as possible going. All enemies need to die in the same turn, so AoE attacks are mostly your friend, but you may need to put some extra single-target on an enemy that gets the defence buff.
    Yeah, my problem is killing all the PSy-weak robots at once, they just run away then repeat till I run out of time
  • Humperfunk 13 Jun 2020 22:14:43 8,436 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oof yep, that boss has been made to be an aaaabsolute cunt. I had the same issue, the Psy round was so hard. Got past eventually by luck, I have no idea what I did differently to get past it so can't really help :(
  • Rogueywon 13 Jun 2020 22:15:26 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    As I say, some have got past that fight by sticking the difficulty to max. It makes elemental-weakness hits pretty much insta-kill.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2020 22:20:31 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    As I say, some have got past that fight by sticking the difficulty to max. It makes elemental-weakness hits pretty much insta-kill.
    One more go then I値l try that. Cheers
  • Rogueywon 13 Jun 2020 22:31:25 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The good news is that if you beat this, nothing else in the game is as bad. That includes the optional super-boss (provided you do that near the end of the game, when you're really high level).
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Jun 2020 00:27:21 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    One more go then I値l try that. Cheers
    I tried three more times then twice at max difficulty level, no joy - same thing where one of the fuckers runs away or I get one shot killed.
    I've spent well over 3 hours on this and getting pissed off :(
  • Rogueywon 14 Jun 2020 00:31:12 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You could always drop the difficulty to the lowest level. You can't switch it up again after that, though. But there are no trophies or anything linked to difficulty. I gather the fight's a piece of piss on that setting.

Other than that, just watch turn-order. You have to defeat all of them in a single round so that none run away. So if you're down to your last 1-2 chacter actions in a round and can't defeat them all, just defend or heal until the next round starts.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Jun 2020 11:46:23 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    You could always drop the difficulty to the lowest level. You can't switch it up again after that, though. But there are no trophies or anything linked to difficulty. I gather the fight's a piece of piss on that setting.

Other than that, just watch turn-order. You have to defeat all of them in a single round so that none run away. So if you're down to your last 1-2 chacter actions in a round and can't defeat them all, just defend or heal until the next round starts.
    I'm going to have to drop the level I think, that'll be the combat fucking wasted for the rest of the game though. I can't believe such an impeccable game has such a terrible, insane spike of badly designed shit like this.
    When I go max difficulty, I can get past the Psy-weak enemies but even if I have one-shot barrier on everyone and they all guard, the Bang Burger thing one shots me so it is not possible.
    On medium, I can't kill the psy fucks at once quick enough before they start running away, no matter what I do.
  • Rogueywon 14 Jun 2020 11:50:02 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If you're on medium, you can go down to easy and still turn it back up, right? It's only the bottom difficulty - safe - that's irreversible.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Jun 2020 11:57:36 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    If you're on medium, you can go down to easy and still turn it back up, right? It's only the bottom difficulty - safe - that's irreversible.
    Ah, great, I'll try that!
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 Jun 2020 00:10:34 4,173 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So is this harder than the original as that was fairly easy on normal throughout?
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2020 07:35:12 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx For the most part - no. It's generally around the same as the original, with a couple of bosses actually easier. The problem is the boss at the end of the fifth palace, who is dramatically harder than he used to be.

I got him down by keeping big baton-pass chains going using Psy Magatama (of which I had a few in stock). You can have two characters in the party with Psy attacks (Haru and the Protagonist), and getting a few baton pass chains going which start on the other two characters before finishing with those two (with all the damage bonuses) was a game changer for me. But it's a hard fight now.

The new content added towards the end of the game is tricky by the standards of the base game, but not unduly so.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jun 2020 21:39:44 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally did it!
    God, that was rough.
    So, on we go.
    Who did you guys romance?
    I've friend-zoned Ohya already and thinking that It's between Kawakami and Kasumi although Takemi is in with a shout as well as Makoto...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 Jun 2020 23:45:41 4,173 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Vanilla P5 I went with the Death lady, but didn't really put a huge amount of thought into my choice.

P4 I went for everyone ;)
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2020 23:47:35 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Grats! It's a fucker of a fight but everything is downhill from here on.

As for romance... on my playthrough of the base game, I was boring and romanced Ann. She's actually pretty fun, but is obviously one of the two vanilla romance options (alongside Makoto). Don't let that put you off, though. Nothing wrong with a vanilla option on first playthrough.

In Royal, I romanced Kasumi. That's an interesting one. Because you can't unlock her romance option until January, you miss the New Year date, but that's no big deal. Her romance path is an interesting one and in some ways feels part of Royal's "true end", but it's a bit of a rollercoaster. Don't pick it just because you like the cute, uncomplicated sporty girl.

Kawakami would definitely be an... erm... interesting option. She and Ohya definitely make up the Cougar option.

Futaba is definitely below my strike zone, so that was never an option for me. She's only a year younger than the protagonist, but she generally acts younger than that. No thanks.

Hifumi (star) has a fun storyline and was worth considering. Chihaya's fun, but the hippie vibe isn't my thing.

Haru's another option, of course. But her confidant storyline lends itself more to drama than romance.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Jun 2020 00:07:33 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I will only do one playthrough so need to choose well, gymnast Kasumi or Maid/teacher/older woman ?
    Hmmmm :D
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Jun 2020 00:08:15 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What happens if I romance Kawakami for NY then Kasumi afterwards?
  • Rogueywon 16 Jun 2020 00:08:58 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Kasumi has some "true end" benefit. But it's the rockiest road of all of the romance paths. Shit gets real on that storyline once you finish the base game.
  • Rogueywon 16 Jun 2020 00:09:22 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    What happens if I romance Kawakami for NY then Kasumi afterwards?
    You get dumped with a vengeance in the ending.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Jun 2020 07:40:21 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tough choices !
    Ok , I値l friend-zone Takemi and the others and try and decide between Kawakami and Kasumi.
  • Garfy 16 Jun 2020 10:29:55 1,513 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    In the base game I romanced Makoto and in Royal was planning on picking Hifumi. But in her romance dialog she said a lot of stuff that reminded me of my ex so I thought 'That's never going to work' and reloaded 🤣

Choose Haru cos in the base game I didn't have chance to get to know her at all and she actually seems like the genuinely nicest person in the game :)

Haven't actually finished the game yet, got sidetracked by AC.

Animal Crossing AND Assassin's Creed
  • Humperfunk 16 Jun 2020 10:41:31 8,436 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Base game I romanced Makoto, Royal I went for Ann - was planning on Hifumi but think because I then ended up doing the rest of Ann's social link later in the game, was more recent and felt more 'right' at the time.

All this Persona chat, I really do hope they release 4 Golden on PS4 asap!
  • mumtoucher 28 Jun 2020 18:31:58 753 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I bought this Friday (Royal), found out I have the whole of July off so planning on playing it solidly until Tsushima releases.

It痴 my first proper venture into a persona. Seems a lot is going on.

I知 quite far into the first palace and loving it so far.

Edited by mumtoucher at 19:20:45 28-06-2020
  • Rogueywon 28 Jun 2020 21:50:03 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @mumtoucher Ah, good luck. A full month off work is probably about right for Royal!

I jest, I jest... I did it in around 110 hours...
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Jun 2020 21:56:05 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @mumtoucher Ah, good luck. A full month off work is probably about right for Royal!

I jest, I jest... I did it in around 110 hours...
    I知 122 hours in and only in Palace 6 on 14/11 !!!
  • Rogueywon 28 Jun 2020 22:25:04 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Taking the scenic route?

How are the confidants looking? Justice, Counsellor, Temperence and Sun all reach their time limits within the next few days.

Edited by Rogueywon at 22:25:23 28-06-2020
  • mumtoucher 28 Jun 2020 22:51:37 753 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Holy shit, what have I done!!
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Jun 2020 23:33:22 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Taking the scenic route?

How are the confidants looking? Justice, Counsellor, Temperence and Sun all reach their time limits within the next few days.
    Justice at 8, Councillor at 9,(I don't think I can go further with them till story events) Sun at 10, Temperance at 8, I just need to decide whether to romance Temperance or not and hopefully get her to 10. Will I have time?

On a side note, I really detest Akechi!
  • Rogueywon 28 Jun 2020 23:49:33 10,704 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Temperence to 10... going to be close. You might be able to do it in January if you miss the November deadline (same as the Palace 6 deadline). Possibly? Dunno. Given you already had Faith at 5, you've met the pre-reqs for the Royal-exclusive content already. Just... pick the right story answers (they're obvious).

And Akechi... yeah... watch this space.

Edited by Rogueywon at 23:51:53 28-06-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Jun 2020 00:00:24 29,483 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Temperence to 10... going to be close. You might be able to do it in January if you miss the November deadline (same as the Palace 6 deadline). Possibly? Dunno. Given you already had Faith at 5, you've met the pre-reqs for the Royal-exclusive content already. Just... pick the right story answers (they're obvious).

And Akechi... yeah... watch this space.
    Shit, I'm screwed for the November deadline as It's not Friday or Saturday till afterwards. Fuck!
    I might see if I have a save a few weeks back or I could choose a week before the palace boss as upon dying Hmm..
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.