No Man's Sky Page 283

• Humperfunk 7 Aug 2018 08:47:22 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't recommend it because you can't run it for more than 5 minutes before it crashes.
  • mothercruncher 7 Aug 2018 08:58:51 16,216 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thatís weird. Iíve played anew over several days and for a handful of hours each time and Iíve had one crash. On the OG PS4 that is. It may be the one game that runs better on the poverty spec original console.
    I do notice that if I repeatedly reengage from sleep mode though that the framerate slowly tumbles until itís too choppy to play. This late into development thereíre still some really basic issues with the code.
  • Anhunedd 7 Aug 2018 09:36:31 53 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Playing this on PC for the first time. Doesn't crash (yet!) on there, at least on my rig. Looks great, but it's a bit buggy in places.

I've had my main spaceship get stranded on a planet somewhere with no icon to find it after I took a crashed spaceship up to my freighter (and not able to recall it, as it didn't have any thruster fuel in it); my "home base" suddenly a point in space I can't interact with; a whole part of the main quest chain finish... and then repeat completely; alien artifacts I can't interact with at all; rare resources that literally disappear as I try to mine them or pick them up.

So far, found workarounds for what first appear to be progression stoppers (reloading a save after teleporting to another system seems to work quite well in a lot of cases), but it does need some fixing it would seem.

Another minor annoyance is the fact the game has changed so much, especially in this last update, that a lot of info on Wikis etc. is just wrong. So one tip is to pay attention to the dates on comments and tips as anything more than a couple of weeks old could well be out of date!
  • Gibroon 7 Aug 2018 10:08:16 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Humperfunk

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare for you. I had 3 or 4 crashes after the first patch but none since 1.53 on original ps4. Are others on ps4 pro having the same issue? I take it your ps4 pro doesn't crash on any other game.
  • robthehermit 7 Aug 2018 10:41:23 7,309 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Cleared all the broken bits off my multi tool, although I have to confess I did cheat a little bit and duplicated the last few technology modules I needed. I feel dirty now and am considering a restart.
  • Humperfunk 7 Aug 2018 14:03:20 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gibroon Yeah mate doesn't crash on any other game, just repeatedly on this one. Saw someone say something about disabling online as another potential solution so will try that as well!
  • wobbly_Bob 7 Aug 2018 16:16:43 5,092 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got to the base building stuff. Looks cool. My first impression was how much better this is than Fallout 4 attempt at buildings is... not that it's difficult. That's a low, low, low bar.
  • Humperfunk 7 Aug 2018 20:16:33 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuckin hell played about two and a half hours without a crash! New patch out today so seeeeems to have sorted it...
  • Gibroon 7 Aug 2018 22:01:53 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Humperfunk

I'm impressed you've stayed with it considering the grief it was giving you. Wishing you a bountiful planet find. :)
  • Humperfunk 7 Aug 2018 23:19:12 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gibroon hahaha thanks mate. I really do enjoy it when I play which is why I kept going back hoping next time would be the time it works! Get in!
  • henro_ben 8 Aug 2018 08:31:50 2,386 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Landed on my first extreme planet last night, was a bit of a shock! Think I lasted roughly 60 seconds before the environmental protection was depleted and had to return to my ship, was stuffing sodium into the thing like mad trying to make it back! Did look pretty epic with a huge firestorm hitting at the same time.

Am really, really enjoying this :-)
  • robthehermit 8 Aug 2018 14:44:07 7,309 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So I started a new game at lunchtime and I think I'm enjoying it more than I was. Now that I know the mechanics and I'm not rushing to get to the next quest marker, I'm having a lot of fun just pootling around the starting planet at the moment, fun which looking back seemed to be a bit lacking in the early hours of my previous game.
  • GoatApocalypse 8 Aug 2018 20:33:18 5,665 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm tempted by this but have some questions...

Will not having PS Plus ruin it for me?

Is it fun to play in the odd short burst to wind down after work and studying, or does it need a bit more time sinking into it?
  • Gibroon 8 Aug 2018 23:27:21 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @GoatApocalypse

As far as not having ps plus is concerned I would say no, it doesn't matter. It's still very much a single player game. Unless you have a group of homies who must play together all the time

I started a new game with a pal from work but we only join up now and again due to RL stuff, time etc. It's good to have the option but nothing more. We've not seen any community events so time will tell.
    The other question is a bit trickier now with all the updates. The survival nature of the first hour or so will throw you if you are not used to that style of game. There is also a lot to learn and although the introduction is much improved, there's a lot you need to work out yourself which imo is a good thing.

It's a game I've played since the start and although I stop playing it for weeks or months, I still like to fire it up and chill with it, roam about look at the views. Even with the new game I'm trying to be busy doing story and progression stuff but... Ooh what's over there, 2 hours later just rambling about a planet.
  • GoatApocalypse 9 Aug 2018 06:27:58 5,665 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers dude.
  • Goban 10 Aug 2018 15:05:43 9,974 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finally looking to bite the bullet with this, is there much difference between PC and XBO?
  • Humperfunk 10 Aug 2018 15:27:47 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any idea how to make antimatter or the casing? I need it to fuel the hyperdrive and it says to get loads of two things (was a couple of nights ago so can't remember) and have a shit load...but doesn't actually say how much I need and no way to craft either!
  • robthehermit 10 Aug 2018 15:35:35 7,309 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You won't get the recipe for antimatter until after your first warp.
    Go into space, find the signal, go there. Find the terminal, you'll be given an antimatter and the recipe for the housing. Warp to the next system and you'll find the recipe for the antimatter.
  • Scimarad 10 Aug 2018 16:11:38 9,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They really need to sort the bloody sentinels! I'm trapped on a dead world being harassed by a bloody walker (after having killed another in my ship). I'm hiding underground and hoping the wanted level goes down...
  • Gibroon 10 Aug 2018 16:27:01 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Scimarad

That's what happens when you play with fire. Haha.

They've changed the sentinels quite a bit since 1.5. If you killed whatever sentinels about, say, at level 2, before they called for reinforcements, the wanted level would disappear. It was a bit too easy tbh. Now when you clear a wave, it will always increase your wanted level so you actively have to hide from them for 30-60 seconds before losing the wanted level.
    I think they are making their range slightly less for finding you in the next patch.
    Good luck soldier.
  • Humperfunk 10 Aug 2018 16:29:27 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robthehermit Oh cool, cheers, will do that!

Basically only because I found an exo suit upgrade and done two out of three, the last is to stick in antimatter so I shall return for it :)
  • robthehermit 10 Aug 2018 16:43:54 7,309 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Humperfunk It's next on my list as well. Having started again, I'm about 5 hours in and haven't warped yet...
  • Scimarad 10 Aug 2018 17:45:13 9,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Gibroon

Yeah, I should have kept my hands off their balls. Erm...

Edited by Scimarad at 17:45:21 10-08-2018
  • Gibroon 10 Aug 2018 18:20:13 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    @Gibroon

Yeah, I should have kept my hands off their balls. Erm...
    But they're oh so shiney, the shineys...
  • Humperfunk 11 Aug 2018 13:14:37 7,994 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    @robthehermit Oh cool, cheers, will do that!

Basically only because I found an exo suit upgrade and done two out of three, the last is to stick in antimatter so I shall return for it :)
    Ah shit, went back but can't find the pod...managed to craft 5 antimatter though as I had so much of the required stuff! Hoping the space station that pointed me towards the pod can do the same again...
  • stephenb 12 Aug 2018 09:33:29 3,422 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I've got 2 ships. Left the fighter somewhere and forgot where. I can't summon it because the launch fuel is empty :(

Is there any way to bring up the system I parked it in?
  • Alterbo 12 Aug 2018 10:26:32 8 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Updates or not, it won't be an action game and that's why i like it, immovable aspect of chill and exploration, you are not forced to hack and slash or die over and over. Now that we have multiplayer, there is more action in the background, still ambient aspect of it remains
  • Gibroon 12 Aug 2018 12:12:01 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @stephenb

If you found a crashed one, it should turn up in your freighter if you have one. You may have to recall your freighter a couple of times. If not it could be a bit tricky to find. Placing a beacon would have helped but again you need to do a few base building missions to unlock the blueprint for that. Not sure how far on you are though.
  • stephenb 12 Aug 2018 15:37:57 3,422 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @gibroon no I bought it and left it at a trading post. I've got a pretty big base. So it'll be in my freighter after a while?
  • Cadence 12 Aug 2018 18:50:16 2,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I had to refund this one steam. I guess a 1060 6gb just isn't enough to run this game. Shame as it seems quite good.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.