PS4 Dualshock Thumbstick wear Page 4

Next Last
  • DrStrangelove 10 Dec 2018 21:22:03 14,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    markytonline83 wrote:
    I wonder how abrasive some peoples thumbs must be to wear them down. Got 2 from day 1 launch and no wear at all. And they’ve been hammered
    Not everyone's got this problem, but apparently a great lot of people have. Seems to be much more common with the DS4 than with any other controller. In my case, having used lots of controllers, also the only one with this issue.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 21:27:25 10-12-2018
  • waggy79 10 Dec 2018 21:24:23 1,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    i bought some metal ones once but the grip around the edges dug in after a while. My launch pad sticks have started degrading after fishing in rdr2 of all things. Always wondered what people were doing to make the rubber flake off, now i know.
  • richyroo 10 Dec 2018 22:05:10 367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My launch PS4 pad had quite soft sticks which after a couple years were showing some very light wear.

I bought a PS4 pro at launch and noticed the sticks were a lot firmer, felt like plastic rather than rubber. They still aren't showing any sign of wear at all

Edited by richyroo at 22:05:45 10-12-2018
  • StixxUK 10 Dec 2018 22:16:01 8,158 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I liked the feel of the original ones but the left stick wore through badly on both of mine. I don't even really play that much. I guess it must be intense when I do!

Not going for metal, I can't imagine they'll feel as nice,or be as grippy.
  • StixxUK 26 Jan 2019 18:52:28 8,158 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Replaced mine today (with some Xbox One replacement ones I got off Amazon here if anyone's interested.

Not too difficult at all, and I'm pretty cack-handed. I did accidentally pop out one of the triggers but it wasn't hard at all to put back on.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.