Kingdom Come: Deliverance Page 25

• mothercruncher 9 Apr 2018 19:09:31 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím not sure what to do in this- Iím sort of ambling around, fluffing most things I attempt and reloading saves.
    Is it worth ploughing through the main story arc or mixing that in with secondary stuff as and when I see fit?
    And, how do I know if a quest is time sensitive? Clues in the dialogue, or something more obvious?
  • OnlyJoeKing 9 Apr 2018 20:40:43 1,043 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My best advice would be to not worry about fluffing stuff (if it's thieving or whatever). People do forgive you in time, you can just head to another town to do different quests. The game is all about trying to add weight to decisions, actions - I like it personally, makes it much more tense when you try some skullduggery.

I messed about with side stuff quite a lot personally. Whatever appeals, I guess!

I'm wondering if they've patched out, or at least massively reduced the time sensitive quests? I don't think I've come across any yet.
  • Bichii 19 Apr 2018 23:15:42 2,674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    About a dozen hours in. Amazing game, probably the best RPG I've played since the Witcher 3. Didn't even get a recommendation from E.G.

Wtf.
    t
    f.
  • mothercruncher 20 Apr 2018 09:42:28 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What the fuck the fuck indeed.

I suspect it was a total mess at launch- it's still quite a mess now in terms of bugs and inconsistencies- so perhaps justified. SkillUp absolutely loved it but gave it 4 out of 10 because several major points were ruined or fatally broken in the game via bugs.
    It's a remarkable game, if only in how committed it is to realism and authenticity- sometimes even over being an enjoyable game. Glad I played it, but, increasingly, not sure I've the patience to finish it.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 20 Apr 2018 09:44:07 8,009 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The conclusion I've come to is "easy game to admire, hard game to like".
  • mothercruncher 20 Apr 2018 09:58:06 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yes- I had to quit the last time I played in frustration.
    I needed to sell some juicy stolen loot and so fast travelled to a village nearby a miller. Got attacked on the way. While waiting for a super long loading screen I could hear a fight going on, people getting injured, and thought "that can't possibly be me, can it?".
    The loading finished and the black screen swapped for a red one because, yes, it was be being stabbed to death while watching the loading wheel spin. Loaded up the previous save (another long wait) and fast travelled again- this time getting away with it.
    Got my loot from my chest, overburdened now, but it'll be OK because I'm going to make MILLIONS. Look at the map for the shortest route- there looks like a crossing just by his house, fab. S l o o o o wly crawl to the miller, 5 minutes later begin crossing the stream, get 3/4's of the way across and stop. Have to watch Henry slowly hump a pillar in the water while repeatedly saying "ugh- wish I could swim".
    Then it was either reload yet again or a 20 minute s l o o o w walk in a huge loop back where I came and around to the exact spot I'm bloody looking at right now in front of me, this time on the right side of the riverbank.
    Or quit and go and do something less tedious.

Lots to admire- and in a weird way the single minded design reminds me, in a good way, of playing Demon's Souls for the first time, I just feel it'd be easier to do that admiring if 10% of it was more game-y.
  • Baihu1983 23 Apr 2018 08:02:55 12,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So in liking it but my god the locking picking system is a massive piece of Shit
  • mothercruncher 23 Apr 2018 18:21:19 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím still plugging away. Llockpicking does get easier- like every other skill- the more you do it, and there are levelling points awarded and books to be read that can help further.

Best advice I could give if youíre starting is to follow the main story until youíve got a horse from Sir Radzig. That should set you up well with multiple basics that you can branch out from and minimise frustration a bit.
    Iíve... it done that.
  • Bichii 23 Apr 2018 18:28:59 2,674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just stole a horse, I'm just robbing left right and centre.

Before you join the guard near the start I'd already stolen a full guards set from a different town.
  • Deleted user 23 April 2018 20:11:35
    You want the Random Musings thread.
  • mothercruncher 25 Apr 2018 14:40:37 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Has anyone else had this bug after getting Pebbles?
    Ive got a spare hour to play and Iíve sat watching a load screen for 25 minutes now, after being asked to follow Captain Bernard to Neuhof. When it finally did load, everyone is just standing around, canít talk to anyone. Clearly a bit of story is supposed to kick in.

This game. Had one of the best sequences for aaaages in a game (hunting with Hans Capon)- truly got lost in a fantastic activity in a beautiful world thatís propped up by an interesting story.
    Then the next few cutscenes played and I found myself in a courtyard with no floor rendered, textures everywhere that would make a Commodore 64 blush and now this. Stuck.

It gives with one hand and takes away with the other- sometimes within a single minute of gameplay.
  • MrWonderstuff 26 Apr 2018 16:45:49 3,175 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yea I have the same view. I was at the end of the game and I was meant to be following a character on horseback - big fanfair with music etc then he just stops gets off his horse and stands there doing nothing (he got off too early for a cutscene to start). Similar situation a few mins earlier and the horse gets stuck in a fence - majestic orchestration punctuated by the Benny Hill moment. Having finished the game I really enjoyed it - but those bugs.
  • richardiox 26 Apr 2018 17:12:57 8,005 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hoping there's still at least a couple more big patches for this.
  • orpheus 26 Apr 2018 18:17:17 1,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    1.4.3 released yesterday on all platforms, not tried it yet though (PC) to see if it's improved things.
  • mothercruncher 26 Apr 2018 20:22:38 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well- it fixed my bug. Iíd worked around it via intentionally failing a part of the quest and a couple of other fudges, but I reloaded a previous save and that main storyline issue is fixed at least.
    I sort of, kinda, possibly, feel itís a touch smoother. But that might be because Iíve been forced to close it and restart after patching, rather than regularly resuming from safe mode as I nearly always do,
    Anyway, onwards and upwards (at 15fps) ;-)
  • up_the_ante 26 Apr 2018 21:43:27 1,241 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I was halfway through downloading the 1.4.3 patch through Steam yesterday and shut my computer down. I turn it on today and Steam says KC isn't installed. So I'm having to download the whole game again. I just hope my save is stored on Steams server :-(

Edited by up_the_ante at 21:44:01 26-04-2018
  • mothercruncher 28 Apr 2018 10:18:45 17,355 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ... and now my PS4 saves arenít actually saving anymore and Iíve lost about four hours.

Fuck this game- itís disgustingly buggy.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Sep 2018 19:37:39 25,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anyone still playing this. I have been loaned the Xbox version. I did play the opening hour on ps4 many months back but couldn't get into it.

I really want to enjoy as the setting and timeline are totally my thing. I think it will probably prove too challenging though :(

I have looked on The companies web site and a lot of people are asking for an easy mode as the game would seem to be worth a play through but the skill (or learning the systems) required is putting players off, so they are not experiencing it. The developers don't seem to want to add one though.

The older I get the worse I get with games or at least I have very little patience for anything that requires replaying more than a couple of times, it is a shame but true.
  • Bichii 2 Sep 2018 20:20:26 2,674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 it's amazing. I never finished it though as nowadays I don't have the patience to play really deep games.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Sep 2018 20:28:16 8,009 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've tried to restart it a couple of times. Always get stuck on the fact that I really, really don't like the combat. I'd agree with those calling for an easy difficulty setting. I'm too old for silly e-peen difficulty challenges and would actually just like to enjoy this.

Difficulty itself isn't a bad thing, provided it's fun. See my Dark Souls obsession. But when the difficulty just calls attention to the bits of game design I don't like, I rapidly lose interest.
  • MrWonderstuff 2 Sep 2018 22:43:49 3,175 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm no spring chicken either but persevered as the setting and ambience was amazing. There is a time when you get used to it all and can just willy wave your sword and get through most battles.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 2 Sep 2018 23:19:58 9,201 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't want to sound like a complete twat but, (complete twat mode activate), I didn't realise it was considered hard? I've put about 60 hours in now and nothing really has struck me as a particular challenge, and I think the combat is perfectly fine. Yeah it's a bit buggy in parts and rough around the edges but I haven't really found it hard, I've really enjoyed it in fact, but I'm getting ready to wrap it up now.
  • KnuttinAtoll 3 Sep 2018 09:15:54 7,814 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So very tempted by this, but the price tag on Steam (50 Euros) is putting me off a bit, might hold out for a sale. Gameplay is right down my street though (I think - seems like a more realistic version of how the Skyrim skill tree works?).

Are any of you playing this on PC, are the bugs manageable these days?
  • Baihu1983 3 Sep 2018 09:47:03 12,034 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did they ever sort out lock picking? Really put me off the game
  • BigOrkWaaagh 3 Sep 2018 11:04:43 9,201 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Baihu1983 Lockpicking is fine if you try (and fail) a few times and get the skill levelled up. You're meant to be shit at it at first because well, how good are you irl at lockpicking with (presumably) no practice?
  • StrayBezza 3 Sep 2018 11:07:29 1,210 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    So very tempted by this, but the price tag on Steam (50 Euros) is putting me off a bit, might hold out for a sale. Gameplay is right down my street though (I think - seems like a more realistic version of how the Skyrim skill tree works?).

Are any of you playing this on PC, are the bugs manageable these days?
    I have a ps4 copy for sale £25
  • BigOrkWaaagh 3 Sep 2018 11:14:46 9,201 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll It's £25 from CD Keys, although it has been cheaper.
  • challenge_hanukkah 3 Sep 2018 11:39:21 12,202 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychical damage party ftw.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Sep 2018 22:05:25 9,201 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished after 75 hours. Absolutely loved the game, but the ending may be the worst of any game I've ever played, and yes I played ME3.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.