Kingdom Come: Deliverance Page 26

• Deleted user 22 November 2018 18:44:29
    Post deleted
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Nov 2018 19:50:16 25,409 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    What did you delete man!!!!
  • Deleted user 22 November 2018 20:07:12
    Lol I have got the game (bought as a gift) but don't feel like starting it after hammering rdr2 over the past few weeks. Feel like something a bit more fun.
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Nov 2018 20:41:29 25,409 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @AddyJB
    :)
    You must have cained that, I think we started the same time (release day) and I'm on chapter 3. I suppose the fact I have not played it in two weeks might have a bearing on that fact though!
  • Deleted user 22 November 2018 20:45:05
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @AddyJB
    :)
    You must have cained that, I think we started the same time (release day) and I'm on chapter 3. I suppose the fact I have not played it in two weeks might have a bearing on that fact though!
    Yeah I got in the zone after I'd mooched around the game world and just cracked on with the story and sides. 55 hours I think I clocked.
  • Tomo 8 Jul 2019 21:49:57 17,420 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just got this in Humble Bundle. It's really good! Very surprised.

I didn't realise it's basically a more realistic Skyrim. Thought it was more like Chivalry with single player story.

It's really quite different. A bit janky and quite a few cut scenes, but the story and characters are really quite compelling so far. Not actually got to the meat of the game yet, I don't think, but it's really doing a lot right so far.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Jul 2019 21:53:27 9,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Tomo If you're enjoying it already you're in for a treat. I found it a bit difficult to get into but after a bumpy start I was absolutely hooked.
  • OnlyJoeKing 8 Jul 2019 22:49:01 1,043 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's brilliant, isn't it?

I made the mistake of leaving it for a bit after about 50 hours, and now have forgotten how to do the fighting so it's a bit daunting to get back into it. Loved it for a while though.

Must have another go some time.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jul 2019 22:50:18 12,024 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bought the royal edition last week on Xbox. Will get stuck into it at some point. I was cautious on it at launch, but if theyíve kept supporting it with dlc and patches I thought maybe itís worth a look as something a bit different.
  • Bichii 8 Jul 2019 23:04:49 2,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's an incredible game. Perhaps over ambitious as many areas are average but as a pure RPG is one of the best.
  • Tomo 8 Jul 2019 23:55:33 17,420 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I also really like that not every chest, basket and coffin is lootable. I really suffer with the compulsion to look everywhere in RPGs but I don't get that feeling here. I just want to get on with the quests.
  • MrWonderstuff 9 Jul 2019 00:57:13 3,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I backed this on Kickstarter and in turned out do well. The sense of place is amazing - most realistic woodland. I would love a fantasy RPG with this level of environmental detail.
  • jaxon58 9 Jul 2019 13:01:51 2,512 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I enjoyed KCD a lot. The best thing for me was the main character. Very well acted and written. I actually cared what happened to him and who had stolen all his fancy clothes.
  • TechnoHippy 9 Jul 2019 15:57:11 16,292 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I enjoyed this a lot, but never actually finished it as I took on a mission to win a battle, and my save is in the middle of said battle and I kept getting killed.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 13 Jul 2019 19:32:41 8,008 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just to note, thereíll be a spare copy of this (at least one) in the upcoming code exchange thread.
  • Tomo 13 Jul 2019 20:56:01 17,420 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I am struggling to figure out the combat. Admittedly haven't had a huge amount of fights but I seem to fail miserably at really landing anything. Not sure if it's me or call that Henry is very low level currently. Keep getting my lights punched out by Kuresh.
  • Baihu1983 13 Jul 2019 20:58:48 12,034 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The lock picking ruined this for me
  • ChiefGB 13 Jul 2019 21:47:48 12,024 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    I am struggling to figure out the combat. Admittedly haven't had a huge amount of fights but I seem to fail miserably at really landing anything. Not sure if it's me or call that Henry is very low level currently. Keep getting my lights punched out by Kuresh.
    I hear it pays to practice pretty much everything in this, Iíve yet to start it but I believe things can be improved with training and patience.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 13 Jul 2019 21:52:43 9,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    I hear it pays to practice pretty much everything in this, Iíve yet to start it but I believe things can be improved with training and patience.
    This is exactly true.
  • Tomo 14 Jul 2019 11:41:38 17,420 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I just found a grindstone too... which seems a bit weird. I gotta learn that thoroughly too?
  • mothercruncher 14 Jul 2019 14:24:21 17,355 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Everything.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 14 Jul 2019 17:38:01 9,201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    I just found a grindstone too... which seems a bit weird. I gotta learn that thoroughly too?
    IIRC you can get away with being crap at the grindstone. I used them occasionally in a pinch and it seemed to do what it was meant to, but mostly I'd just pay someone to repair all my stuff.

Edited by BigOrkWaaagh at 17:38:53 14-07-2019
  • OnlyJoeKing 14 Jul 2019 21:24:13 1,043 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, paid repair ftw - after a bit of thievery and hunting I had far more money than I could spend, at a very early stage (maybe more expensive stuff becomes available after a while? Regretfully haven't been back after 50 hours or so)
  • Rodderz 2 Oct 2019 16:53:56 4,007 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been playing this for the last couple of weeks after purchasing the Royal Edition when it was on sale in the PSN store a few weeks back.

Despite a few niggles, I'm pretty impressed. The devs did a great job of creating a beautiful, detailed and vast medieval open world, akin to a (better looking) Elder Scrolls minus the fantasy elements.

I wasn't sure if the missions or characters would be up to much but they're actually both excellent. Henry is a great lead character and the stand out early mission so far, which blew me away with how awesome it was (I'll spare the detail), is a mission you do with/for the Uzhitz village priest, Father Godwin. That whole mission was just so brilliant and unexpected 😁!

I've got my head round the combat in this now after being totally shit at it early on and I'm equipped with with a fairly decent sword, armour and some extra skills, so taking on a small group of heavily armed bandits, whilst tough, is slightly more manageable. Travelling at night and suddenly being surrounded on a forested pathway, being thrown off your bolting horse and having to flail about with a torch in one hand and a longsword in the other whilst multiple combatants decend upon you is awesome. At times it's the most unnerving video game night-time travel I've played since Dragon's Dogma.
  • OllyJ 3 Oct 2019 09:35:52 4,687 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I've had an hour on it to see if I like it or not and it's really good I agree, the setting is nice and so far the story beats have been obvious but impactful.

It's got a lovely atmosphere about it.
  • Stan546 21 Jan 2020 13:27:40 1,183 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I've just downloaded this and started playing, it was on the Game Pass and I've always wanted to try it.

Absolutely loving every bit of it. As others have said, the environmental detail and design of the woodland are fantastic. I'm absolutely hooked on it.

However, I seem to have found a game-breaking bug, I'm on the quest Baptism of Fire, on Xbox One and every time they go to move the wagon the game crashes. Has anyone else experienced this and got passed it? I reloaded and restarted several times last night, crashes every time. Not sure what else I could do?

It's annoying, as the game is far exceeding my expectations so far and I'm really enjoying it.
  • Salaman 22 Jan 2020 09:52:18 23,793 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ugh. I should really carry on with this. I've been in a binding of Isaac achievement competition with a few friends and I keep firing up Isaac over this.

Still suck at the combat many hours in though.
  • Munster 14 Feb 2020 18:01:46 73 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Currently free on the Epic store, minus the DLC (which is on sale).
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Mar 2020 10:58:30 25,409 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So started at long last, 5 odd hours in and I think I'm enjoying. I had lost around 2 hours progress yesterday (including learning how to pickpocket)...which was not fun. I had 7 schnaps (save things) but lost earlier and I hadn't "save and quit" in ages, obviously.

I died as I got into a fight, tried to surrender but died. It was KunTesh? the guy you had to get payment for at the beginning of the game, I just knocked him out then, should have killed him.

Most of my time has been spent wondering around the world and talking to people. I have also killed a good number of ncps. But to everyone else I'm super pleasant.

I will continue certainly, just hope it doesn't have stupid difficulty spikes as that would do it for me. The world and atmosphere is wonderful so far.

Ps. The Dice game is addictive.

On the rpg front I'm also around the same amount of time played in Divinity II TDNS on backcom xbox.

I completed and loved the base game years ago on 360. This is the "remaster" with new and additional chapters/content. It is so "charming" with wonderful regional UK accents and great humour. Also you turn into a Dragon, what is not to like with that.

...I wonder which one will get more of my time...

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:21:42 24-03-2020
  • its-H1ggyLTD 24 Mar 2020 11:04:40 1,350 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Certainly is KunTesh when you lose progress

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.