Following The Last of Us Remastered Page 83

• waggy79 8 Jan 2017 17:11:58 2,250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Plus the jump up to 60fps makes a huge difference as you'd expect.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2017 17:17:21
    I played the remaster, and I think I enjoyed the game way more than on PS3. Maybe at the time because everyone was gushing over it, and the expectations were so high. I think the replay lett it sink in more, made way better. Probably up in my top 10 games of all time.

Edited by zisssou at 17:17:56 08-01-2017
  • greg_wha 29 Jan 2017 17:54:08 1,382 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good story.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2017 11:59:00
    What the fuck is up with that tunnel at the start of the Spring chapter?
  • LittleSparra 27 Mar 2017 19:44:01 7,926 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Very kindly lent this by user Jambiiiiiii. Never played before.

Only played a couple of hours, so very early days, but other than the prologue being rather well done I am not feeling this much. The acting/writing/cutscenes are decent, but the gameplay is... alright-to-uninteresting. I prefer the talking to sneaking/hitting etc. I guess I am expecting something phenomenal, given the hype, and naturally being this early on it's not going to flower on demand. Presumably the story et al draw one in to a significant degree.
  • monkman76 27 Mar 2017 19:57:03 16,093 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It plays much better on hard than on normal, fwiw.
  • DangerousDave_87 27 Mar 2017 20:38:29 6,811 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's very much Splinter Cell light, in my opinion. If you enjoyed either Conviction or Blacklist, The Last of Us works in a very similar way. It just takes a little while to really get going.
  • Kichii 27 Mar 2017 23:22:18 406 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah it's one of the best games ever. On my first play through I binned it when I got to the first major infected room. Just couldn't get into it.

Went back to it when the re master came out, phenomenal. 10/10

Edit. And the mp is also sublime 10/10, especially when played with EG players.

Edited by Kichii at 23:23:01 27-03-2017

Edited by Kichii at 23:23:25 27-03-2017
  • waggy79 28 Mar 2017 06:21:14 2,250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    Also agree it's better on the higher difficulties.

Tempted to go buy the fucker again tomorrow! (to crack on and finally do my 8th playthrough on Grounded).
    You should get it digitally next time its on sale, then at least you can re-download at any time. I'm sure it was something silly like 12 quid last time.
  • Derblington 28 Mar 2017 06:47:18 33,136 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    Also agree it's better on the higher difficulties.

Tempted to go buy the fucker again tomorrow! (to crack on and finally do my 8th playthrough on Grounded).
    It's on sale on the PSN store for just under 15.
    I'm on my Grounded play through at the moment.
  • Deleted user 28 March 2017 07:49:41
    I hate stealth-oriented games and playing it on hard and even normal was a real slog at times. Happily, you can adjust the difficulty almost on the fly (takes you back to the last checkpoint) and it's well worth playing just for the story, which is easily the most compelling I've ever come across in a game.

That first room full of infected in the skyscraper I found to be a big difficulty spike.
  • monkman76 28 Mar 2017 10:04:57 16,093 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    Nice one chaps, may well grab the digital version so.
    GASP

Lads the apocalypse is coming!
  • monkman76 28 Mar 2017 10:05:29 16,093 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    It is very different to Uncharted.

Miles better too (and I say that as someone that's played lots of Uncharted)
    Yeah, I don't really like Uncharted much at all but TLoU is fantastic.
  • Deleted user 28 March 2017 10:22:34
    LittleSparra wrote:
    Very kindly lent this by user Jambiiiiiii. Never played before.

Only played a couple of hours, so very early days, but other than the prologue being rather well done I am not feeling this much. The acting/writing/cutscenes are decent, but the gameplay is... alright-to-uninteresting. I prefer the talking to sneaking/hitting etc. I guess I am expecting something phenomenal, given the hype, and naturally being this early on it's not going to flower on demand. Presumably the story et al draw one in to a significant degree.
    The actual gameplay gets more involved as you progress but the mechanics aren't among the genres best. They're fine but it's the story and characterisation that do the heavy lifting.

Reign in your expectations and imagine it like a half way house between Life is Strange and an action game and you should enjoy it for what it is. I found the pacing to be excellent at least.

Edited by JiveHound at 10:23:09 28-03-2017
  • monkman76 28 Mar 2017 10:24:35 16,093 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Reign in your expectations and imagine it like a half way house between Life is Strange and an action game
    Don't let UncleLou hear you say that! (also 'rein' :p)
  • Deleted user 28 March 2017 10:25:54
    monkman76 wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Reign in your expectations and imagine it like a half way house between Life is Strange and an action game
    Don't let UncleLou hear you say that! (also 'rein' :p)
    Ha, cheers. Missed that on my pass through. Is he the nutter that said even without the writing the gameplay would be 10 out of 10?

Mental!

Edited by JiveHound at 10:32:25 28-03-2017
  • LittleSparra 1 Apr 2017 13:08:06 7,926 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got to Autumn.

It has definitely improved, Henry and Sam woz sad.

Something still isn't quite clicking (looool) for me. There are the usual hitches you find even in very well made games like this, but that's not it. I like the characters and things, but a fair bit of the game is busywork (albeit brief) and the lroe-building outside the relationships is a dull note, which is disappointing. But yeah, I am being picky, as enjoying it much more now. Looking at other 3rd person games I absolutely prefer Gears, say, for the bish bosh bang , but this has much more subtlety in it (although that's not hard as compared to Gears...!), which is well done.
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Apr 2017 13:15:28 23,333 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    That first room full of infected in the skyscraper I found to be a big difficulty spike.
    I have completed the game at least three times, twice on the hardest setting and I always struggle at that bit. Usually I just end up bungling through it with little finesse.
  • waggy79 1 Apr 2017 13:37:20 2,250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think that parts the same for most. Very difficult not to alert the runners and subsequently clickers. Take out as many as possible silently to thin numbers before using all ammo and pipes/wood if need be. Sprinting up the concrete ramp creates some breathing space too.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2017 13:37:37
    Bought this last night in the sale. I have finished it before on the ps3 and wasn't overly impressed but I'm convinced i was lukewarm with it due to playing it a bad time in my life (mum passing) so i thought I'd pick it up again and try. I also bought the left behind dlc unbeknownst to me that it was also included in the base game. Quick phone call to Sony and got a refund for it.

Im starting Horizon first before this though.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2017 16:48:21
    It's an unbelievably good game. Don't dismiss the multiplayer either, one of the best multiplayer games of this gen or the last gen.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.