Following The Last of Us Remastered Page 84

• DUFFMAN5 1 Apr 2017 17:07:59 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    It's an unbelievably good game. Don't dismiss the multiplayer either, one of the best multiplayer games of this gen or the last gen.
    Totally agree. Unfortunately I came to the mp rather late so was getting matches with players on stupid levels with loads of unlocks. I still have 5 mins even now, but it is just not fun when you are constantly getting killed. I'm not a sore loser but I like a chance at least.
  • Kichii 1 Apr 2017 22:41:51 406 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    That first room full of infected in the skyscraper I found to be a big difficulty spike.
    I have completed the game at least three times, twice on the hardest setting and I always struggle at that bit. Usually I just end up bungling through it with little finesse.
    Yep it's a shite designed bit. My first play through I binned the game entirely because of it then the next two play throughs I still found it the hardest bit of the game. Bit shit when it's the players first proper encounter.
  • LittleSparra 2 Apr 2017 20:47:44 7,926 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished. Story was the best bit, gameplay veered between fine and somewhat irritating/the set piecesb 'boss' fight etc were dissonant and not great, and pacing felt off narratively (although each section was paced nicely in terms of gameplay), but otherwise very good. Kinda be happy with it as a film more than a game, but i can see why some would love the gameplay. Glad i finally played it, the leads were excellent.
  • damagedinc 3 Apr 2017 23:13:40 2,792 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Completed the grounded mode last year and today finished all the multiplayer trophies. Loved my time on multiplayer and will continue to dip in every now and then.

Just need to pick up the collectibles now and platinum is mine
  • bighairybear65 16 Jun 2017 15:51:32 328 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kichii wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    That first room full of infected in the skyscraper I found to be a big difficulty spike.
    I have completed the game at least three times, twice on the hardest setting and I always struggle at that bit. Usually I just end up bungling through it with little finesse.
    Yep it's a shite designed bit. My first play through I binned the game entirely because of it then the next two play throughs I still found it the hardest bit of the game. Bit shit when it's the players first proper encounter.

That's the bit I'm stuck on! Have been for years! Binned it.... may restart tho... 🤔
  • The_Goon 6 Jul 2017 10:06:32 1,450 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Working through this on the "hard" difficulty. Just met up with Bill. I'm not a big zombie fan and so it's not entirely surprising but I'm not having as much fun with this as I thought I would. Perhaps the difficulty level and intense nature is what is holding me back, in comparison with Uncharted, for example. It has great atmosphere, setting and graphics but some of the mechanics feel irksome - why does all my shit break?! Lol. It feels a bit like another game (like The Last Guardian) where I will be a little glad to be done with it to be honest. Perhaps my opinion will change as I progress though.
  • bighairybear65 10 Jul 2017 10:59:27 328 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still struggling with this, but am determined.. The multiplayer is bloody good tho! Really enjoying it, maybe it'll help me with the campaign 🤔
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Nov 2017 12:46:26 13,239 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Turns out the real fungus is more horrible than commonly assumed

It does take over the hosts brain it runs parallel to it meaning the host brain is still in there like normal but the body is being moved by a fungus network which runs throughout its body

https://twitter.com/edyong209/status/930489653379117057
  • LittleSparra 16 Nov 2017 12:57:29 7,926 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On the theme of parasites, there's also a barnacle or something that takes over crabs. Not quite the same but it's fucking horrific so I'll relate my foggy memories of it anyway: something like it lays its eggs inside a crab's body, and they grow and burst out the crab like a chestburster, or something. It's horrendous, do not google.
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Mar 2018 11:23:38 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    It's an unbelievably good game. Don't dismiss the multiplayer either, one of the best multiplayer games of this gen or the last gen.
    Totally agree. Unfortunately I came to the mp rather late so was getting matches with players on stupid levels with loads of unlocks. I still have 5 mins even now, but it is just not fun when you are constantly getting killed. I'm not a sore loser but I like a chance at least.
    I knew I posted about this subject, a year ago no less. Yet again I have tried to get into the mp over the past couple of days,but it is so unforgiving. I wished I played from day 1. There should be a training grounds were players say lvl 20 and under only play, that would give noobs a good grounding and not just frustrated. I know some games do it, more should. Gears 2 had "training grounds" for example.
    I will make more of an effort when TLoU 2 drops...so next year I will return :)
  • mangojoe 26 Apr 2018 22:10:42 2,477 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Get out. Easily in my top 10 games ever
  • Bichii 26 Apr 2018 22:50:04 2,869 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Breach i to binned it just after the sky scraper first time. A year later I got it again......best game ever.
  • HarryB 27 Apr 2018 00:03:14 7,601 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Itís a wonderful game. And a beauty. I loved just walking around the environments and taking in all the details.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 27 Apr 2018 10:03:07 3,889 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I enjoyed it on PS3, not actually tried the PS4 version which I grabbed cheap a year or two ago though. It had frustrating sections and flaws but overall enjoyed the atmosphere. Never even considered looking at the multiplayer though.
  • IronGiant 27 Apr 2018 12:05:21 6,063 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Brilliant game, one of my all time faves, in fact thinking about it I need to play it through on my Pro.. too many games!
  • FrostPan 27 Apr 2018 22:28:12 1,626 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The multiplayer for this is seriously underrated. Fantastic multiplayer, loved it more than the main campaign, but that was pretty great too.
  • LionheartDJH 30 Apr 2018 08:30:00 20,299 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RandolphCarter wrote:
    Skyscraper section is the worst part of the game. It's tedious and largely forgettable. Play it for one more hour after that section and I am sure you will be converted.

The middle and ending sections are gaming perfection.
    This.

Breach, do yourself a favour and stick with it. It gets so so much better.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2018 09:55:27
    The further out we are from the release of this game, the clearer it becomes in my mind that this game had the best story of any I've played (that isn't an elliptical Souls-style story). Must replay at some point.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Apr 2018 09:57:00 24,280 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't rate it as highly as most but it definitely picks up massively after the skyscraper bit.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Jul 2018 07:12:38 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just got to "Winter" well about 30 mins post that. The game is still so bloody good. Probably one of the most tense games I have ever played and I love the story/relationship between Ellie and Joel.

This is my third complete (or will be) run through, and it is still sublime on ps4, to be fair it was a total looker on ps3 and played wonderfully on it . Playing with Sony Golds also adds massively to the immersion.

I have once again messed about with mp, like the main game it is brilliant and brutal. I wonder if there will be mp in 2 and if it will be the same ?
  • waggy79 2 Jul 2018 08:16:12 2,230 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They have confirmed mp, i wouldnt think it'll be massively changed. Lets hope its not too loot crate focused like UC4.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2019 03:05:28
    Last week I finally bought a PS4 Pro, and this is on Plus this month. For some reason, I didn't get into Last of Us on PS3, I think I played it up until the very first encounter, and gave up as I didn't like the fact that it wasn't a new Uncharted game.

I played about an hour or so earlier. Wow it's pretty good eh.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 27 Oct 2019 01:23:32 11,702 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does this get fun at any point? The repetitive 'navigate some corridors and clear out an area of cops/zombies with stealth' routine has bored me to tears several hours in.
  • mothercruncher 27 Oct 2019 09:49:32 17,608 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not when youíre dead inside, no.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.